Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: • Rorke's Drift • TH8 Anti-3 War Base •

Quote Originally Posted by Randomtreestix View Post
    Looks immense Len, a lot better than the teaser! Having the builder huts as anchors slightly negate the effectiveness of the archer and witch cc though.

i disagree with putting the DGB in the open core as in my opinion it would make a very easy GoHo, although with the closed core it might work?

keep up the good work buddy!
    Thanks Italion! The advantages of corner huts outweigh the negatives, as although they can be an anchor, they massively effect dragon raids, and even goho to a lesser extent.

Also, the double bomb location isn't fixed, but after I test the bomb in the open core then the suitability will be seen. The nice thing is there is a lot of flexibility with the bomb locations, so they can be moved without to much of an effect.

If you would like to test out a different double combination then you're more than welcome to.
    Last edited by Lennett; January 18th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennett View Post
    Thanks Italion! The advantages of corner huts outweigh the negatives, as although they can be an anchor, they massively effect dragon raids, and even goho to a lesser extent.

Also, the double bomb location isn't fixed, but after I test the bomb in the open core then the suitability will be seen. The nice thing is there is a lot of flexibility with the bomb locations, so they can be moved without to much of an effect.

If you would like to test out a different double combination then you're more than welcome to.

I defanitely might test test out the best. If we use the same base in the same clan we will have to be sure we use different DGBs

member of alone knights
    Wanna sig like mine? Click here (made by Sam Johnson)
    Wanna join alone Knights? Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Randomtreestix View Post
    I defanitely might test test out the best. If we use the same base in the same clan we will have to be sure we use different DGBs
    Yep. It should confuse the hell out of attackers
    Currently @ Legacy Division
    Elder

Base designer for the Elite War Community
    Contact me on Line: Lennett2411

Yay! You'll stop spamming the BDJ!

Seriously, though, it's a really great war base, and I might start work on one that totally won't be copied from it.
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion328 View Post
    Yay! You'll stop spamming the BDJ!

Seriously, though, it's a really great war base, and I might start work on one that totally won't be copied from it.
    Who says I'll stop the spam?

Thanks! I don't mind you totally not copying the base at all, after all, the point of posting a base is that it will inspire people and get used. Plus, where would all us students be without copying? (Failing because we can't do anything except ctrl C ctrl V )
    Elder

Who says I'll stop the spam?
    :eek:

Thanks! I don't mind you totally not copying the base at all, after all, the point of posting a base is that it will inspire people and get used. Plus, where would all us students be without copying? (Failing because we can't do anything except ctrl C ctrl V )
    It was a joke at the end, but I seriously might modify it, since I've seen the amount of work that's gone into it (about 60 posts in BDJ)
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion328 View Post
    :eek:

It was a joke at the end, but I seriously might modify it, since I've seen the amount of work that's gone into it (about 60 posts in BDJ)
    That would be cool seeing what one of the great base designers can do with my design!

Plus, the more versions there are of it, the harder it will be for people to attack it, as there won't be a set strat for taking it down (I hope).
    Last edited by Lennett; January 18th, 2016 at 09:44 PM.

That would be cool seeing what one of the great base designers can do with my design!

Plus, the more versions there are of it, the harder it will be for people to attack it, as there won't be a set strat for taking it down (I hope).
    True though, the more popular a base gets, the easier it is to beat it because of known trap locations, known base mechanics, etc.

Take for example THE END by RoidsforCOC3 or Kyoukai by macstinger. They were both very solid bases to use at the beginning, but as time goes on people figure out how to beat them. Not to mention that the meta changes (no more right triangle ADs).

If there are multiple versions of a base, then the attacker will have trouble taking it down. Maybe a version with troll teslas in the corner, or switch double bombs and single bomb?

Encourage variation and modifications to the base in your thread, so that the base can stay strong.
    IGN: Past Amazing
    Clan: Past Used By (#2GRCCP28)
    YouTube Channel (100k+ subs): Past Amazing

The biggest problem is double poison EQ core Govalo / ho especially with added 30 seconds. I have hit a similar base but the outer layer was accessible through dual wb's which opened to core and allowed a core eq to open all ad's and bomb setups.

Would highly highly recommend changing OG version with jlam's version if you use this in a scrim or arranged war. It's a darn beautiful base tho haha

Edit - Cannon in the tesla farm compartment needs to be readjusted to secure dgb pathing instead of a split due to the added randomness in live hits.
    Last edited by Aphrodi; January 19th, 2016 at 03:47 AM.
    My TH9 DE Protection Base (Crows) : https://goo.gl/tMhFnK

Max TH11 : Co Leader - War Snipers 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by jlam2 View Post
    True though, the more popular a base gets, the easier it is to beat it because of known trap locations, known base mechanics, etc.

Take for example THE END by RoidsforCOC3 or Kyoukai by macstinger. They were both very solid bases to use at the beginning, but as time goes on people figure out how to beat them. Not to mention that the meta changes (no more right triangle ADs).

If there are multiple versions of a base, then the attacker will have trouble taking it down. Maybe a version with troll teslas in the corner, or switch double bombs and single bomb?

Encourage variation and modifications to the base in your thread, so that the base can stay strong.
    Well that's why I'm encouraging as many people as possible to play around with it if they want, just to widen the bases gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodi View Post
    The biggest problem is double poison EQ core Govalo / ho especially with added 30 seconds. I have hit a similar base but the outer layer was accessible through dual wb's which opened to core and allowed a core eq to open all ad's and bomb setups.

Would highly highly recommend changing OG version with jlam's version if you use this in a scrim or arranged war. It's a darn beautiful base tho haha

Edit - Cannon in the tesla farm compartment needs to be readjusted to secure dgb pathing instead of a split due to the added randomness in live hits.
    I will test jlams version when I can, but still have a few DGB placements to get through...

And cannon placement has been noted and changed, thanks!
    Elder