Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How have you changed your game play, post th11?

Question How have you changed your game play, post th11?

SC changed the game we all love, big time. They claim this was to make us change how we play.

So, how has everyone changed their game play?

For me, I no longer have fun playing my TH10,9 or 7 accounts and only clean out collectors and build up walls.

What has become more enjoyable for me is low level accounts and war, the only thing is that you need many more low level accounts to keep the same entertainment value, but not the time consumption that high level accounts now demand. So I can choose to play a little or a lot and not risk losing everything, like you now have to do with higher TH levels, losing so much if you do not spend hours a day on it.

Thats how I changed, but still hold onto hope that one day my higher level accounts will be fun for me to play again.

This thread is not a debate of pros and cons of TH11 update, just curious how everyone else changed their game play.

Banned
    I dropped from titans and raid in champs now, pretty much with the same army as before. If the update didn't get rid of snipes I would have stayed in titans and sniped Ths for loot and left it at that.

I used to snipe, snipe, snipe all day in M3 to get loot. It was mindnumbing. I just played to war. Now I farm with big armies in Titan 3. More fun but I can only attack every 2 hours unless I boost.

Banned
    Commanding the Swag Division of the Illuminati
    I started doing giant-healer instead of TH5 attack strategies.

Cool, I hope more people, share. Might get some new ideas

A bit. Changed my style of farming, but that was likely to happen anyway as I've been pounding on my queen for months to get myself to a point that I can Queen Walk/Super Queen or whatever the hell you call what I am doing. When my queen is down, I'm "milking" and banging out lavas as TH9 unlike I did previously. I was fairly lackadaisical about progress once I maxed TH9 defense and lab, but have boosted when milking. I've had a bit more free time as of late to do so. After a couple of days the only things I boosted post update was the DE drills because it seemed I was only feeding other milkers.

I complained quite a bit here on the forums the whole time. Despite what SC did in terms of upending the entire game, I still flourished, but I still think they were fundamentally wrong in how they changed the entire landscape. Time will tell, I suppose. My clan is withering on the vine despite being on the verge of lvl 9. I'm off this week, and checking in about once an hour to run my queen for DE and building troops to donate, but damn if it is difficult to get reciprocal donations. Chat is dead, and for the first time I'm considering attempting to find a more active clan, if there even is one out there. Sucks, because I have been here for nearly my entire time clashing, but pre update you'd be hard pressed to find a full chat log that didn't roll over in an hour. Now, I can see chats that occurred yesterday.

The only reason I have not bailed is because I have put so much time into this and have been with these guys so long. I'm afraid one of these days I'm just gonna not feel like logging on, and when that day comes, I know it's over.

Forum Veteran
    Pre update
    I played 2 hour session back to back raiding. I moved between Gold/Silver and Masters/Champ. Gold/Silver was fast, Masters was nice and easy and Champs was to practise/farm. Boosted anything I needed. I played wars mostly back to back, which cost me a bit too much on the Queen, but I was loving everything, so ok.

Post update
    I'm at 3120 in Champs. I play once every 2 hours. I don't war anymore. I don't boost anymore. When I'm waiting I'm writing this useless stuff here.

I now do only 3 or 4 raids per day since spells take 2.5 hours to replenish. I might boost spells and royals on a rainy or snowy Saturday.

I still war and that has improved post TH11 update - but the matchups are still vary dramatically both in our favor, and against - very rare to get an even match.

Our top 250 clan lost 3 titans, and numerous champs...they all have quit in disgust. But some have drank the Koolaid and have gone full bore TH11.

Chat is nearly dead. Clan is still full, but now it is raid, request, come back in 2 or 3 hours - hardly any chat.

I am a maxed TH10 only working on lvl 10 walls - bored to tears - and quitting when my gems run out. Poke me with a fork - I am done.
    Last edited by UncleEddie; February 10th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.

Pre-update was a Th10 with only walls (mix 9/10) and BK (L30?) to still do.
    Was raiding every night, 2-4 hours I guess of on and off raiding.
    Never cared if I had a shield or not as TH was outside and only got sniped.
    Drifting from Master III to Champs III GiBarch or Barch mostly.
    War when BK not upgrading

Post update went to TH11
    Still playing most nights, maybe 2-4 hours.
    Maybe a raid in the morning now too. Slightly heavier GiBarch now, probably using more spells, especially while boosting was cheap.
    Loot was excellent during the boost period (17 gems a day and the odd hero boost sure sped through them though!)
    Loot now is OK, a few brilliant raids, and the troops ability to get inside to the dark elixir to at least mark dark profit from a raid. Enough loot to have 4 or 5 builders active at all times since I got TH11 and I don't feel like I am super active.
    I expect my clan is a little quieter than it was (people log in, chat, raid and log off a bit more) - still no trouble getting requests filled, its not that quiet... maybe we are lucky to remain active compared to others.
    I am warring less, but that's just because I have two heroes on an upgrade cycle now keeping me out of wars)
    Did finally start going up a few levels again though! LVL171 now.
    Still enjoying it, and looking forward to max BK/AQ and non stop war. (max GW may be a little longer)

I used to only attack 2-3 times a day, as I'd always be attacked before my army finished building, and I didn't want to pop my shield for fear of being steamrollered (Yes, my Th was in a corner. Yes, that probably reduced the number of full attacks, but I was still getting 2-3 starred about 60% of the time.)

Now, being able to attack through shields, I probably attack closer to 10 times a day! Though, if I'm particularly busy, I can still wait out the shield. CoC has become far more fun!
    "Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level." -Red Mage, 8-Bit Theater