Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 8.5 even viable anymore?

Banned

Is 8.5 even viable anymore?

I see myself getting matched with xbow opponents that are level 2 xbows, some are saying it's not...

Banned
    any .5 is not viable becuse your going to get destroyed harder loot wise forget clan wars lol

Quote Originally Posted by TroysAchilles View Post
    I see myself getting matched with xbow opponents that are level 2 xbows, some are saying it's not...
    Match-ups in war or when raiding bases? If you mean wars, then just attack something lower. You don't have to go with what it tells you. If you mean regular raids, then drop your lvl. Your match-ups are based off of your league, along with your lvl base. The lower lvl you are, the easier a base is to beat.
    My best threads: The Overseer, Flying Shark,Shockwave Spell, Empusa, FLAMEingo
    Quote Originally Posted by raidingisfun View Post
    Be careful, soon they are going to start charging for pointless threads on the forums too. A lot of you are going to be broke!

For war my mini has been crushing. Im half way done with my legos and besides the extra traps, air d, sweeper, queen, and cc i have not done anything else defensively.

Yes i get mirrored to lvl1 xbows with low level king and queen bases but i easily crush them with my 8.5 and lvl 10-15 royals.

Usually, depending on the base i stick with goho and their lvl1 xbows can lock onto my max cc golem all day long. Ive had about 10 wars in a row now with 6 star wars and have had really good luck even pushing higher and 3 starring lvl2 xbowd bases with this.

Im keeping my mini th8.5, probably forever.

I think it's not .

I did it week ago with my second account , it didn't worked 3 wars in a row.

Banned
    Yea, farm wise it would be nice to have. However, I mean as far as cw goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rReuven View Post
    any .5 is not viable becuse your going to get destroyed harder loot wise forget clan wars lol

There is nothing that's changed about the .5 plan. It's as viable as it was before, if it was viable before. What is the change you think makes a difference??

In clan war, you may be matched with a TH9 with xbows. So what?? You should have already some max TH9 troops that can three star a TH9, correct? And yes your base will be slightly easy to get three starred, but hopefully your walls and clan castle are good, and presumably maybe, the opponent TH9 does not have TH9 max troops (the offense /defense rating in wars are BOTH taken into account in matchmaking)

I have a Super 7, or whatever you want to call it. TH7 number and level of defences with 275 walls and TH10 maxed traps. I just have to dump everything to walls before I log off to minimise loss. 203 Lego and 72 Lava walls atm. 20 BK, 23 upgrading to 24 AQ.
    There is no spoon

Banned
    I have a new 8.5 with the queen and the 4th giant bomb on defense and I have absolutely no problems on defense as I was nearly maxed before. lvl8 walls and a good compact base layout are enough to not have any problems on defense. It may be different if you have max heroes and saving up 200K de, but with my 30K for my lvl5 queen there are no problems. Gold gets dumped into walls anyway and I am drowning in elixir at the moment.

Yes I have also seen this effect. 1 rushed th9 with cc and spell factory upgraded with 52K base weight is no problem. Adding my 8.5 as well also worked this war, but when adding my defenseless account with th9 offense as well, the matchmaking is screwed up. I got 1 more th9 and 4 more max th8s which is really ugly, because you loose the whole advantage of 2 8.5s on offense, your th8s get hammered on defense and you have to 3 star 1 th9 more.

Banned
    But what if I go to Th10 and only upgrade offense? Wouldn't I be matched with mostly TH9's? I have a defenseless TH11 and that base is getting matched with TH8's so I would imagine the .5 deal still works.