View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see this in a future update.

51 89.47%
  • Not sure.

3 5.26%
  • No, this idea would ruin the game.

3 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: User-adjustable ratio for League Bonuses

User-adjustable ratio for League Bonuses

League bonuses now scales with descruction percentage, which I believe is good! However, the ratio between how much Gold Vs. Elixir you get is still always proportionally equal (100k gold, 100k elixir) which, for starters, has an inherent imbalance with army production costs as you would always accumulate excess gold compared to elixir.

My suggestion would be to have a nominal, fixed amount of League Bonus per league (say 220,000 for Master III) that still scales with destruction percentage, but add an extra setting for the user to adjust the ratio of how much he'd like attributed towards each type of resource. Say, for example, I could adjust the slider to have 40% towards gold and 60% elixir. In the 220,000 nominal league bonus value example, I would get 88,000 Gold and and 132,000 elixir from the league bonus.

This would have a few advantages, both for the player and Supercell:
    - Players would be able to achieve their own raiding balance.
    - Players will have the ability to compensate for army costs.
    - Supercell would only have to balance League nominal values, leaving the rest to the players.
    - Supercell would have a better metric to gauge demand (example: 80% players have it more towards elixir).
    - More incentive to join leagues rather than artifically maintain yourself in a less-beneficial one in terms of league bonuses.
    - Reduce the amount of voided resources. As an example of what is voided resources: I have full gold storages, I only need elixir for troops and upgrades. When I raid someone and get a bonus of 100k of EACH resource, I just prevented 100k gold from being injected into the game because I have no room to store it. By adjusting the slider, I can inject the totality as elixir.

I cannot pretend to know how this would affect global game economy as whole as unfortunately, I am not Nostradamus, but my gut feeling is telling me global economy issues stems from other problems

Thanks for listening
    Clash on!

EDIT - Here are attachments of a GUI mockup that would represent the idea:

loot_bonus_ratio_1.jpg loot_bonus_ratio_2.jpg loot_bonus_ratio_3.jpg

EDIT - Compilation of other suggestions in this thread specific to the implementation of the concept :
    - Limit the slider to lowest value 15-20% and a highest value of 75-80% in order to reduce drought (either gold or elixir)
    - Ratio value resets to 50/50 every season.
    - Gem cost could be associated to any subsequent changes to the ratio, but season reset would provide a free initial adjustment.
    Last edited by HOUNDSTER; January 13th, 2016 at 05:18 PM.
    League Bonus Ratio Suggestion
    HOUND ● TH11
    Level 157 ● 1089 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat Leader
    HOUNDSTER ● TH9 ● Level 136 ● 1169 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat
    Mr. Tinfoil Hat ● TH8 ● Level 85 ● 999 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat Mascot
    Tinfoil Hat - #PLP9QY99 ● 238-29-3 ● Recruiting common sense

Wow! And I mean WOW!!! This is brilliant!!! Yes! You have my fullest support!!!
    CoC: Co-Leader in war clan Greece #JJ2C28G. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Elder in Greece elite #28P09JY
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

Forum Veteran
    I like this idea. +1

Although I still think bonuses should be increased I think this add more control for the player on how they play the game and people want that power back.
    TH 12 || Lvl 210 || AQ 53 || BK 54 || GW 25 || All Time Best: 5552 Cups

Fresh Spawn
    Awesome idea!

Church of Brandon?Or Fais? #ForumUprising
    Really good idea! This would make it easier to farm a specific resource too.

GUI Mockups added

Since only favorable comments have been posted thus far, I have created GUI mockups that I think would best represent the idea. They've been added as attachments to original post; take a look and comment
    League Bonus Ratio Suggestion
    HOUND ● TH11
    Level 157 ● 1089 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat Leader
    HOUNDSTER ● TH9 ● Level 136 ● 1169 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat
    Mr. Tinfoil Hat ● TH8 ● Level 85 ● 999 Stars ● Tinfoil Hat Mascot
    Tinfoil Hat - #PLP9QY99 ● 238-29-3 ● Recruiting common sense

Fresh Spawn

Extremely good plan

This needs to be patched in ASAP! It is one of the best ideas I have ever seen.. period!

I've seen some reasonable concerns about the gold economy when it comes to end game players but I do like the idea and it would bring me out of silver league where I'm currently just raiding with gobs since the warden is all I have left to farm and nothing else really makes sense since I don't boost.

It's funny because before the update I farmed exclusively in masters and really enjoyed it, now post update where they supposedly want stronger attacks I'm slumming it in lower leagues.
    Tarlus - Red Thorn, Max TH 12 and Frildor - Sagittarii max offense TH 12

Fresh Spawn

great idea

That would be great if you ask me

+1

Uhm.... YES! This would allow fresh TH levels to slide over to elixir (most pressing need as a new TH) and just loot the gold. I LOVE this idea.

EDIT:
    Just some of the responses from reddit (I didn't share, but the OP there said "NOT MY IDEA")
    - Limit the slider to max of 80/20 or 75/25
    - May cause gold drought (hence the limit)

Getting a TON of traction on reddit. Shoutout to tiggymartin on reddit for sharing there
    Last edited by Argat; January 12th, 2016 at 08:09 PM.
    YouTube Channel
    Twitter
    Co-leader of Swift & Sure
    87k TH11 34/40/6, 66k TH9 16/20, and a TH8 in a pear tree.