Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defense is futile now

Banned
    "To compound on the issue, you're not going to get Shields in '''low leagues''' if you have good defenses and dump loot, leading to some pbt issues."

My sympathy for you dried up right about there OP

These issues don't exist in Crystal and above. People come at you with purpose and if the odd few jokers do start playing their 29% games, they quickly drop trophies never to be seen again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewebs View Post
    As a well on my way town hall 10 (mostly level 9 walls, max IT, Xbow, Tesla, Wiz), I find myself being hit with max level GOWIPEs from th10s and 11s almost exclusively (6 of last 7 attacks), despite only being in gold league for most of them. Even with these armies, the majority are awful at using them, and I have one all but one, and held them below 35% most of the time. Is there really that much of a lack of proficient attackers now? What do they want? Loot? Most of the time I had under 150k gold.
    that's because people in gold and silver don't know what the hell their doing.
    some idiot got this idea into their head that they all need to use a war army.
    Meanwhile everyone in masters is using much smaller armies, getting a star and loot bonus and finding bases with better loot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CriPpLeR View Post
    "To compound on the issue, you're not going to get Shields in '''low leagues''' if you have good defenses and dump loot, leading to some pbt issues."

My sympathy for you dried up right about there OP

These issues don't exist in Crystal and above. People come at you with purpose and if the odd few jokers do start playing their 29% games, they quickly drop trophies never to be seen again
    Have you read the entire post or my other posts? I'm currently in C1 and M3!! Problem is, good attackers take my loot regardless. Bad attackers up here still leave me with no shield

Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    that's because people in gold and silver don't know what the hell their doing.
    some idiot got this idea into their head that they all need to use a war army.
    Meanwhile everyone in masters is using much smaller armies, getting a star and loot bonus and finding bases with better loot.
    Luckily my base usually doesn't get hit with smaller armies (heavily compartmentalised DF base + magmas). But when they do hit me, they usually don't give a shield. And people who really do hit me, bring jumps and quakes, 4-6 golems, 70-90 combined hero levels. Not pretty

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfDusk View Post
    Have you read the entire post or my other posts? I'm currently in C1 and M3!! Problem is, good attackers take my loot regardless. Bad attackers up here still leave me with no shield

Luckily my base usually doesn't get hit with smaller armies (heavily compartmentalised DF base + magmas). But when they do hit me, they usually don't give a shield. And people who really do hit me, bring jumps and quakes, 4-6 golems, 70-90 combined hero levels. Not pretty
    totally agree with you the people that say "adapt or quit" usually suggest you guy up in trophies, soon as you hit crystal there will always be bad attacks that hit u but the higher you go the less bad attackers are there and then the good attackers hit your entire base for 4-6 storages and yes you get a shield but to get the loot back which you lost your having to use a stronger army which helps put your elixir in the even more lower as most bases up there have gold and de and then you can't fail your "3" attacks that you can do while shielded else your screwed as you have to defend again and regardless some bad attackers are milking there as well so sometimes no chances for your collectors to gather a decent amount of resources

This has been an issue for a long time now, but with the removal of snipes, there is really no real incentive except to spend excess loot and use free builders to upgrade defenses

Pre update, good defenses are rewarded with snipes, bad defenses are punished by getting hit. That's why rushers have always been told to farm more than you can lose and always dump loot.

Now, nobody is sniped and everyone is defending. There are more weak attackers than good attackers. So the player who stumbles across your base is more likely to be a weak attacker. With weak defenses, you're now rewarded with a weak attack. My rushed th9 accounts are hit mostly by barch and gibarch, losing 210k each per defense. But if you have strong defenses, weak attacker skip until eventually a strong attack comes in and smashes you. My near maxed th11 is exclusively hit by war armies, losing 250k each on average per defense

Now, even players with maxed defenses are being told to dump loot to prevent being raided.

To compound on the issue, you're not going to get Shields in low leagues if you have good defenses and dump loot, leading to some pbt issues. If a weak attacker does decide to hit your strong defenses, prepare to lose 1/5 of your loot and not get a shield. My near maxed th11, if hit by gibarch or golems and no jumps, they rarely get more than 25% due to magma walls

I hope people understand now that it doesn't matter how strong your defenses are anymore. Anyone and everyone is getting raided.
    good post
    Ssimonn
    almost maxed th9, after 3 years, and still going strong....

Before the update, my defense used to get me like 75 trophies a day. Now, i'm losing 25 to 30 trophies every day.
    All hail the new update.

Credits to Alex for the awesome sig.

#rapper4life
    #makeOTgreatagain
    #smirknation

Banned
    I hope people understand now that it doesn't matter how strong your defenses are anymore. Anyone and everyone is getting raided.
    Exactly as SC intended...

...it doesn't matter how maxed or rushed you are anymore, its all about player activity.
    I agree.

If the idea in the new CoC is to let the attacker destroy 30% of your base, then surely it won't pay to have a maxed base.

The whole concept of milking in the new CoC order is exactly that - quantity over quality. I just milked enough to start my next Tesla upgrade (3.5M gold). Not sure how I'm going to milk my way to my next AD or Wizard Tower upgrades, or even my Archer Tower upgrades, let alone my heroes. On a brighter note, my walls are progressing quicker than before, and so are my traps and bombs!

Sheesh guys where is your fighting spirit? At least let the pirates trying to steal your loot work for it. Upgrade those defenses so that they will have to send strong armies to take your stuff! Oh and another thing about a strong defense is they are kinda nice in wars

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dyknow View Post
    I agree.

If the idea in the new CoC is to let the attacker destroy 30% of your base, then surely it won't pay to have a maxed base.

The whole concept of milking in the new CoC order is exactly that - quantity over quality. I just milked enough to start my next Tesla upgrade (3.5M gold). Not sure how I'm going to milk my way to my next AD or Wizard Tower upgrades, or even my Archer Tower upgrades, let alone my heroes. On a brighter note, my walls are progressing quicker than before, and so are my traps and bombs!
    Sorry Chief but there is no Achievement (and accompanying gems) for adapting or milking...

Seriously though, milking like trophy dropping is an unintended consequence just as TH sniping was...The next update is going to be very telling in how SC responds to the current state of the game...