Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: War Weight Changes for Clash on TH11 update - December 2015 changes...

I can agree with that statement;

I have a couple accounts that are going through zero changes- yet their war weights are going up and down by 1 to 2k per war...

I can't explain this...

yet another confusing aspect of the game...

Add that to some accounts adding or upgrading things that have zero weight added at the next war... do these defenses really mean 'nothing' to the overall weight? Are there really 'Weight brackets' that we fall into - where we will stay there no matter what until we have unlocked X amount of weight to reach the next bracket?

I don't know... but for now- upgrading Air bombs has zero additional weight... just like in the past versions - Skeleton trap 1 was the same as skele 3... so upgrading it to max was a no brainer.

If there are weight brackets - I'm tracking every purchase- every weight increase - dates and amounts... eventually I'm sure a pattern will appear.

However - the general sense of things - if something has a low weight- vs something with a high weight -- those things may change a little in the actual number- but will still probably remain low or high in relation to the other things...
    Last edited by blombardo; January 10th, 2016 at 11:51 AM.

Interesting thread, thanks.

Archer tower tbd?

archer towers add 1k when new - and 1k when upgraded.

Tested three times at different town hall levels...

Goblin level 3 -no extra weight

Balloons level 5 add 1k weight.

a few other things i'll update into the first post once i finished calculating from tonights war.

re confirmed th10 infernos are 3k each

Bought two on one account - 6k added

bought two infernos and a third xbow on another - 7k added -- wait a minute here... why the sudden discount on the xbow? buy two get one half price? I'm a little confused.. but generally speaking these weights are fairly close

Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Tested three times at different town hall levels...

Goblin level 3 -no extra weight

Balloons level 5 add 1k weight.

a few other things i'll update into the first post once i finished calculating from tonights war.

re confirmed th10 infernos are 3k each

Bought two on one account - 6k added

bought two infernos and a third xbow on another - 7k added -- wait a minute here... why the sudden discount on the xbow? buy two get one half price? I'm a little confused.. but generally speaking these weights are fairly close
    Infernos are closer to 4k. I bought one and went up 4k and same with the other. It's possible they are less than 4k, but they are more than 3k. AT does not add 1k per level, do you mean 1k at first, then 1k more for a maxed AT?? You can't tell weights that are less than 1k, you could go from 61.1k to 61.9k and it looks like you didn't gain any weight, but you did, then the next upgrade looks like way more than it is.
    Last edited by Micker99; January 11th, 2016 at 04:35 PM.

possible variables include

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    Infernos are closer to 4k. I bought one and went up 4k and same with the other. It's possible they are less than 4k, but they are more than 3k. AT does not add 1k per level, do you mean 1k at first, then 1k more for a maxed AT?? You can't tell weights that are less than 1k, you could go from 61.1k to 61.9k and it looks like you didn't gain any weight, but you did, then the next upgrade looks like way more than it is.
    @micker -- what is the average weight of your test accounts that you claim are getting 4k added with inferno? are you below 65k where i am or much higher up? perhaps the scale is different at your weight level.

I am testing these quite simply by taking existing weight - with no current upgrades in progress - all builders standing still and no research going on...

Then I do one upgrade - one research - one small change...

and test again the next war.

The Archer tower tests are happening on low level accounts with weights around 10k... each upgrade on each archer tower is adding a full 1k more weight to these accounts between th 5 and 8.

These results - may not be perfect because - as some say there is a Sliding scale - a numbers game - perhaps there are weight Brackets as well;

I can say - for sure - that something strange has happened - because I buy and cancel Infernos on my town hall ten almost every other war... (when needing extra defense to help win against a hard clan)

-EVERY time I have bought one or two infernos - I have had an extra 3k or 6k weight added - which tells me that infernos definately weigh 3k...

Howerver - I've done the same with Xbows - at th9 and 10.. and Xbow weight has VARIED between the two - and also VARIED depending on if I bought infernos at the same time...

Example - Two infernos on one th10 account =6k Two infernos plus xbow on 2nd th10 account =7k

Now every other time I bought an Xbow it was much much more than 1k in weight... so perhaps the sliding scale; or the weight brackets are affecting things...

Also- its possible that the extremely low weight that my test accounts have (65k for th10) could be throwing a wrench in the test - as the th9 area seems to be where the foggy confusion of changes takes place...

Somewhere between th6 - a wiz tower at 3k weight becomes only 1500 weight by th9...

So perhaps when yuo have added enough weight - the sliding scale impacts other possible upgrades...

I wish supercell would just post the real numbers here to keep me from guessing...

This info - will help low level players from th 3 to 8 for SURE... th9 10 11 -- still some fuzzy math...
    Last edited by blombardo; January 12th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.

Actually, the 4k weight was BEFORE the weight changes, so makes sense that they are 3k now. Everything must have taken a cut, to lower the weights. I didn't think about that until now. Xbows used to be 2k for level 1.
    Last edited by Micker99; January 12th, 2016 at 07:25 PM.

How are you calculating offensive war weight?

offensive war weight?

Quote Originally Posted by fplant View Post
    How are you calculating offensive war weight?
    Some say that the offensive side is hidden somehow; that its not visable through the gold in prep day info like defensive weight...

I can say - for certain - that when Ive upgraded research- or barraks - to the levels mentioned on the first post - my actual weight in game went up those exact amounts...

So its appearing just like the defensive weight is appearing; just not as often and not as high in numbers...

I'm more worried about the WALLS... I've upgraded 15 skull walls this past war testing wall weight.. and no increase at all in my weight... I am concerned that one of these days I'll get a giant hit in weight as if there could be some bracket of sorts where walls are related... Or perhaps walls weight is fully impacted upon the first building of your level 1 wooden walls.. and perhaps wall weight will never go up all the way to max...?

I havent wanted to build any walls (new) on my accounts... any volunteers here?

-Once again this war - my clan was out matched by supercells horrible war matching system... Enemy #1 is a 65k weight MAX th9 defensive player -- our #1 is a 48k near max th8 player... we cant even get one star against #1 and his big heavy royals... and of course he basically used goblins and wallbreakers to knock down our #1 and 2..

Totally un fair advantage on the top player...

I watch the weight of all our top 10 players - past 6 wars we have had 100% fair matches - and got 100% perfect 135 stars each time... This time- its un fair and we'll be 4 stars short... enemy will likely get perfect...

Our clan has 82 wins and now - 6 losses - due to bad matching... 5 wars were hands down bad matches - one war was screw ups on our players.

If I can figure out the war weights - and build my bases so insanely low on weight - then supercells awful war matching system will never be able to out match me again... the worst possible match they could throw us - will hopefully not be so bad as to cause us to loose like this...

I fear that the only way to beat the flaws in the system is to find / make a Defenseless th11 with max everything attack wise... Then at least if the top 2 are badly out matched our #45 defenseless player could tie the war for us...
    Last edited by blombardo; January 13th, 2016 at 09:24 AM.

I would find it odd that troop levels would affect your location on the map, but I haven't tested it. I should be able to test it with my (mostly) defenseless account.

As for bad war matches. I don't know the makeup of your clan, but have you considered that maybe your trying to optimize war weight might be at least contributing to it? E.g. defenseless / X.5 bases will (in my experience) tend to get matched to easier bases, but their higher offensive weight will increase the weight of the whole clan, which tends to bring in harder matches for those higher up.

legit suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by fplant View Post
    I would find it odd that troop levels would affect your location on the map, but I haven't tested it. I should be able to test it with my (mostly) defenseless account.

As for bad war matches. I don't know the makeup of your clan, but have you considered that maybe your trying to optimize war weight might be at least contributing to it? E.g. defenseless / X.5 bases will (in my experience) tend to get matched to easier bases, but their higher offensive weight will increase the weight of the whole clan, which tends to bring in harder matches for those higher up.
    And I am testing this theory out in practice - by swapping out various accounts that I have... I do not truly have any defenseless acounts of any serious weight - and 40% of our accounts are currently following a .5 upgrade path - some are one town hall above that .5 in attack power; the mis matched wars tend to be only on #1 - and not always.

We had 6 perfectly fair wars in a row - where each clan could have 3 starred the other for a perfect... then we had a 7th and 8th that were mis matched on top -- meaning enemy top 2 were really strong and tnemy 3 4 5 were really weak... the fact that the top 2 had an edge meant that their clan could beat us simply due to the #1 spots being matched wrong.

So - the idea that our upgrades are causing the problem seem unlikely - because I've noticedd even when the enemy top 6 are substantially higher in weight -- the enemy 7 down are significantly weaker than us... and with stupidcells matching system - 45 bases @ whatever the total weight = another 45 bases at the same weight.. they dont care if the top few spots are FAIR... - which is vital to a decent war match...

--With walls... I've upgraded 50 skulls on one account and 50 level 7's on another... if this has no effect on war weight this next match up im gonna be surprised...