Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 185

Thread: War Weight Changes for Clash on TH11 update - December 2015 changes...

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolex View Post
    2x lvl1 X-Bow on 38k weight account pushed my account to 47k resulting in 4.5k weight per xbow. (account had 4 teslas, 4 airdefs, traps)
    Nah, not havin this, I have no XB's and I often get matched with mirrors with lvl2&3 XB's, and they usually have other similar lvl defences.

    For the record and I'm not sure this is of any use, my Gold figure was 12k and my mirror was 12.8k in the situation above.

    The weight of walls has been buffed a lot IMO.
    Last edited by AphexTwin; February 26th, 2016 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #102
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,098

    How

    How to see war weight

  3. #103

    Omg

    First, this thread is awesome. Thank you for all the education.
    Second, I was just in a war with someone who really knows the offensive values. A TH7 had no walls, one L1 cannon, and 1000 war weight. His troops and spells were
    4- balloons and lightning
    3- barbarians, archers, giants, goblins,
    2- wb, heal, and rage
    1- wizard, healer, dragon, minions, and hogs.
    There was an identical second attack, but heal was only lev 1
    Third. before I do it, I want to get feedback, but here is my thought. What if we started several new threads where people posted the defense/offense of clan mates and war weight. I was going to make like 10 accounts to check out some of the things being reported, but that seems like too much work. If people will post all the defenses, troops, spells, heroes, and traps of them and their clan mates, I'll put the information in a spreadsheet and then we can really figure what makes the differences. Each thread could be for a specific TH. I started one defenseless account, but I built a bunch of walls AND upgraded my wiz to 2 at the same time, so not sure what caused the tic up to 2000, but I'd love to figure it out. TH8-11 have more buildings so I'm less interested in comparing them at the moment. I was thinking one thread for each TH3-7. I tried tracking opponents bases, but I can never be sure what traps they have, so having people report on clan mates would be simpler. Anyone game?

  4. #104
    I can confirm 250 new level 2 walls gave me 3k extra in weight.
    Upgraded or researched nothing else.

    This was on my defenseless base. It jumped from 6k to 9k.

  5. #105
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveOTheValks View Post
    Hi blombardo,

    Can you share your findings so far. How much weight each item adds.

    Much appreciated!
    each defense doesnt have the same weight when you add at 1Kwar weight, 40k warweight or 80k war weight

  6. #106

    offense war weight

    Thanks a lot for this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Recommended target COULD have something to do with offensive weight - but only before anyone attacks anyone else on the war map - which is a really elusive number to attempt to prove..
    I agree that it is elusive. It is also approximate, because maybe the other clan doesn't have a base whose defense weight exactly matches your offense weight.


    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    I have posted - and proven - that upgradeing a barraks to unlock Valks - adds 1k weight. That is pure offense - and it adds gold..

    I've proven that doing RESEARCH - for dragons - will add 1k weight each time... (unlocking barraks is 1 - goingto level 2 adds 1 going to level three adds 1 - going to level 4 adds 1 - going to level 5? oddly enoguh adds no weight)
    To me that is pretty definitive evidence. But how do you differentiate between the research or barracks upgrade creating the increase vs one of these random unexplained increases from supercell tweaking things behind the scenes? Have you checked the valk unlock on multiple accounts? Do you have an explanation for the nodef bases out there with super low gold offered?


    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    As the list on page 1 post 1 shows - many troops at level 1 are no weight- much research on some of those troops adds no weight... only -some - troops are adding weight to the system... likely because they are used in war only; not farming.. but I'm not sure the reasoning
    It is logical and reasonable to not count troops that only add a little bit of value in war. If dragons give 1k and goblins add 0.001k, there is no real point in even counting goblins.


    The real reason I'm posting is because I have been thinking a lot about offensive war weight and its role in matchmaking. I am convinced that offense counts nontrivially, more than shows up in the gold storage weight on the war map, which I have (until your evidence above) considered defensive only.

    Someone a few pages back posted a comparison of their mismatches with and without a bunch of defenseless bases, showing that including a bunch of defenseless increased mismatches, where mismatch is defined as "enemy clan's defense is way higher than mine". This is consistent with offense weight counting approximately as much as defense. A clan of identical bases with TH8 defense and TH10 offense won't match up against a clan that averages TH8, they'll match against a clan that averages TH9.

    My clan family does wars with mostly TH9 and a few TH10, and mismatches where we're outnumbered by infernos or eagles impact us a lot, making a big impact on our ability to 3 star. Fortunately clans with tons of rushed bases tend to be bad attackers, but this is still something that I want to do something about. I think we see mismatches because we have relatively few rushed bases, and a few low-def high-off bases like .5 or minimax.

    I've started a new alt with the intention of rushing defense but adding inferno and eagle, with the endgame goal of having a strong defensive value with an engineered-to-be-low offensive war weight. Without a lot of info about what actually constitutes offensive war weight, I'll minimize it by unlocking and upgrading as few troops as possible, while still maintaining a high end war attack. Fortunately, dragons are newly viable at TH10, so my tentative plan is to base my endgame offense around them. (We'll see if they have been nerfed by the time I get to TH10, lol.) I'll slightly mitigate the weight of the high end defenses by omitting mortars and wiz towers, which are not super important at TH10+ anyway. On the way to TH10 it might be minimax or rushed, or both. I might add xbows at the very end because I can see how having 4 max xbows can mess up a queen walk.

    Realistically this is silly. I'm not going to gem it to TH11 and by the time it grows there, my clan makeup might be completely different. But it's fun to have a long term plan and to build something that nobody else is building.

    Edit: and now with the From The Developer news about war weight changes, my strategy might be obsolete. Good thing he's still only TH4.
    Last edited by littledoctor; March 3rd, 2016 at 03:14 PM.

  7. #107
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1
    Nice thread. I have a TH6 account. Only has cannons, air defenses, traps and walls. Once I upgrade to TH7, I'll try to provide some help..
    Last edited by jygz; March 3rd, 2016 at 12:59 PM.

  8. #108
    Forum Veteran blombardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,547

    A few more updates to the first topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Thanks a lot for this thread.


    To me that is pretty definitive evidence. But how do you differentiate between the research or barracks upgrade creating the increase vs one of these random unexplained increases from supercell tweaking things behind the scenes? Have you checked the valk unlock on multiple accounts? Do you have an explanation for the nodef bases out there with super low gold offered?


    MY RESPONSE= I have 18 test accounts that I'm using to test these numbers. Once I figure out a number - that number -almost-always is the same on other accounts -- the only variable is their 'secret weight scale' -- where things have different weight at different overall weight levels (wiz towers - and xbows are definately part of the sliding scale currently)





    Someone a few pages back posted a comparison of their mismatches



    MY RESPONSE= I placed 15 of my hybrid accounts into war - with a handful of low level people in a small war -- easiest war in my life - proving my account strategy works... Every time our hybrids are on the top of the war map - our wars are 'more fair' - aka even being out matched by 10k on top we can still have a chance to win...


    I've started a new alt with the intention of rushing defense but adding inferno and eagle, with the endgame goal of having a strong defensive value with an engineered-to-be-low offensive war weight.

    Edit: and now with the From The Developer news about war weight changes, my strategy might be obsolete. Good thing he's still only TH4.
    MY RESPONSE=- yes going to end game levels with end game units will be punished by the dev's because - once again - they want us to play the game -the way that they think we should play it..

    Hopefully this update will have a positive impact on war matching... I'll miss the 45 wars - 40 is too small and 50 too hard to maintain without bigger clans...



    -UPDATES:
    unlocking level 1 witches - and upgrading to level 3 -zero weight. If witches have any weight at all it would be at lvl2; which I wont be testing anytime soon.

    -Upgrading Lava hound to level3 = also no weight.


    This makes using LavaLoon armies the lowest possible weight of all the army compositions in the game... short of GiBarch which has basically no weight...

  9. #109
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post
    How to see war weight
    Pls tell me

  10. #110
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    MY RESPONSE=- yes going to end game levels with end game units will be punished by the dev's because - once again - they want us to play the game -the way that they think we should play it..

    Hopefully this update will have a positive impact on war matching... I'll miss the 45 wars - 40 is too small and 50 too hard to maintain without bigger clans...



    -UPDATES:
    unlocking level 1 witches - and upgrading to level 3 -zero weight. If witches have any weight at all it would be at lvl2; which I wont be testing anytime soon.

    -Upgrading Lava hound to level3 = also no weight.


    This makes using LavaLoon armies the lowest possible weight of all the army compositions in the game... short of GiBarch which has basically no weight...
    you continue to do wrong math... u say NO WEIGHT when the weight added it's for sure less than 1000 points and not enought considering the weight before to pass to the "1000" after... if your base weight 53200 and whiches added to it 600 points, you consider it 0 weight becouse gold is 53000 as before... but it's wrong. the whiches weighted 600 points.
    in the same way, you say 1000 points each time something takes the weight up of 1000 points... so if u had 53900 points and u upgrade a cannon that let's say will give u 100 points, your gold will become 54k and u decide that upgrade valued 1k... or make things well or avoid to make them...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •