Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get XP?

Hi Clashcon,

There's great advice, here. All the posts are good, Tomville has some nice info that will serve you well as you advance in the game. The players who have responded so far are "heavyweights". Myso excels in fishing advice.
    Please take Tomville's post seriously, and re-read every few levels. Btw, Tomville's level is a whopping 176, and she has a great many millions of coins - you can do well following her guidance

If you're keeping up with the production machines, than absolutely stretch yourself with some good truck orders as per Tomville. You could go ahead and get your truck achievements done early, which will reward you with some much-needed diamonds.

When you open your mine, get your smelters up and running and jewelry machine, jewelry orders return vouchers, and great XP and coins during special truck events.

When you get your dock repaired, the boats will rapidly return lots of XP and vouchers, and diamonds as you do your boat achievements.

If you find, at any point, that you're struggling to get enough coins to buy your next machine on schedule, then just stop striving for XP and sell in your RSS.

You will absolutely want to expand your barn and silo. At your level, growing crops and selling them and the products that they make, plus feeding your animals will return the drop items for your barn and silo expansions. Don't make the mistake many people do of letting your chickens or other animals languish. Harvest, feed and sell the milk, eggs, cream, etc.. Continually. Keep your feed mills running all the time, you want to keep feeding the animals, and any excess feed is very popular and gets snapped up from your RSS. Higher levels desperately need the milk, eggs, bacon that you're swimming in, right now, and are willing to pay full price for it.

You have a lot to look forward to!

Btw, yes, keep your saws and axes - when you begin harvesting fruit trees, you're going to want every single one of them! At the 3rd harvest, a friend or other farmer (if you have an ad in the Daily Dirt) will arrive in response to your help ! sign, and water your flagged fruit trees and bushes. After they revive and bear fruit, you will be able to harvest a final 4th time. After that, they can no longer be revived, and have to be cut down (trees with saws, bushes with axes).

The native trees are pretty and change colors throughout the seasons. Many people later regret their initial chopping down, because once they're gone, you cannot get new ones to replace them. You can buy unchanging green trees for many coins, but it's not really the same.

You have my best wishes, and my hopes that you have a lot of fun. You'll face some unusual challenges, and be rewarded as you adopt new strategies. It's a combination of relaxing, vexing and challenging game that I hope you enjoy as much as I do. The people who play are amazing, and often become very good friends in real life.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; January 1st, 2016 at 01:05 AM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    At your level, growing crops and selling them and the products that they make, plus feeding your animals will return the drop items for your barn and silo expansions. Don't make the mistake many people do of letting your chickens or other animals languish. Harvest, feed and sell the milk, eggs, cream, etc.. Continually. Keep your feed mills running all the time, you want to keep feeding the animals, and any excess feed is very popular and gets snapped up from your RSS. Higher levels desperately need the milk, eggs, bacon that you're swimming in, right now, and are willing to pay full price for it.
    Thank you, your post was very helpful, especially this part. I'm doing it. I'm now level 15 and already have 10,000 gold. Is that good?

Banned
    Also, if you have tried Clash of Clans, you would know that there are special event obstacles. I always clear them. If I do that, do you think I would prefer clearing obstacles on Hay Day? I really don't like obstacles, even if they are special.

Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    Thank you, your post was very helpful, especially this part. I'm doing it. I'm now level 15 and already have 10,000 gold. Is that good?

You are most welcome, Clashcon!

You're doing great!
    "As you wish."

Also, if you have tried Clash of Clans, you would know that there are special event obstacles. I always clear them. If I do that, do you think I would prefer clearing obstacles on Hay Day? I really don't like obstacles, even if they are special.
    Gosh... I've never played CoC. Maybe someone who plays both games can answer this question better.

There aren't events to clear obstacles, in Hay Day. There are varying events that invite you to do a certain number of truck or boat orders, or opportunities to sell to the animated visitors that come to your farm, or catch fish for different prizes.
    I do know that in Hay Day, you can pick and choose what you want to do. If there is a global event going on that you don't want to do, you don't have to participate, or you can just do the amount you're comfortable with, and then stop. You might not win the special event prize (diamonds or decorations), but you aren't penalized or held back, for not doing it.

Hay Day is really amazing in that you can really play what interests you, and leave the rest.
    When it's time, you'll want to join an NH that allows you to play the way you really want to. (Some NHs are very hard-core, Derby-centric. You might not feel very comfortable, at least in the beginning, in an NH that is very competitive and pushes it's members hard to win each Derby.) You might be a lot happier beginning in a gentle, supportive NH that will help you grow at your own pace.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; January 1st, 2016 at 04:38 AM.
    "As you wish."

No, Hay Day doesn't have special obstacle that spaw on the map. What we have is some special event decoration that some love, a few find ugly and several do not care about. Eventually they will be available in the decoration shop after an unknown amount of time.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: SIGN-UP - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 141♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Banned
    What I meant by this was that I clear all obstacles on CoC, so do you think I would prefer clearing trees on HD, since I don't care for seasonal themes?

As close to hell as geographically as possible.
    As so many people have recommended to you before, read the New to Hay Day section. it will give you all the answers to all the questions you are asking.

http://forum.supercell.net/forumdisp...New-to-Hay-Day
    Trading on both GC and Facebook

Level: 100 |
    GC & KIK: WillieBDare | Neighborhood: Power Traders

(For quick trades, use KIK, as I don't check my PMs regularly)

What I meant by this was that I clear all obstacles on CoC, so do you think I would prefer clearing trees on HD, since I don't care for seasonal themes?
    If you think a barren expanse of green is interesting, then by all means clear your trees. Just remember, they are irreplaceable. Once cut down they are gone for good. I suggest you spend some time just looking at other people's farms in the DD and decide which type of farm you prefer; functional and aesthetically devoid of interest, or whether you prefer to keep your trees and enjoy the challenge of developing your farm with these "obstacles" in place. I have a level 30 farm that still has every single native tree still standing, all the pools and all but two of the rocks. I have expanded a fair bit of the land with the help of my lovely cubby mates, and have found no reason to remove any of the trees yet. The challenge I have set myself is to see if I can place all the machines and as many animals as necessary to run the farm without removing any of the natural environment.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    The challenge I have set myself is to see if I can place all the machines and as many animals as necessary to run the farm without removing any of the natural environment.
    I have a level 25 baby farm and am doing the same thing! I so regret chopping down my native trees and rocks in the beginning I bought some with vouchers and use the fruit trees to decorate my farm, but I so long for the beautiful seasonal trees- especially in the Fall- they look so beautiful in all the colors. 🍂🍁🍃

Farm Level 155
    Daily Player/Trades