Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get XP?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

How do you get XP?

Hi, new player here. Besides harvesting and selling, how can I get experience?

Hi Clashcon!

Welcome to the gentle side!

I'm glad you're here, and I hope you enjoy HayDay!

Hay Day is very different from other games. In the beginning, you really don't want much xp. If you level up too quickly, you won't have the coins that you need to purchase the production machines that come available at each new level. The beginning machines are extremely important to have.

To rapidly bring in the coins that you need the most in the early part of the game is to make everything that you can, and sell it in your Roadside Stand (RSS) for full price. It's more important to do that, than to sell to the visitors, trucks or boats (unless there is a double-coin event, then you can rake in the coins).

The fastest ways to make xp is to do truck and boat orders, but, again, in the beginning it bites you in the behind if you level up too quickly.

There are great guides in the "New to Hay Day?" section of the forum. You'll get off to a great start with all that accumulated wisdom.

I wish you you very happy farming in hopefully a very Happy New Year!
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Millennial Club
    I usually differ from the ones who say levelling up too fast is a bad thing,

But I think you need to put your focus on building your barn and silo rather then levelling up. Building your capacities may be held equivalent of maxing your defenses on CoC.

Take a look at the new people tips in the new to hayday section, there are priceless tips in there.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ew-people-tips

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWish View Post
    Hi Clashcon!

Welcome to the gentle side!

I'm glad you're here, and I hope you enjoy HayDay!

Hay Day is very different from other games. In the beginning, you really don't want much xp. If you level up too quickly, you won't have the coins that you need to purchase the production machines that come available at each new level. The beginning machines are extremely important to have.

To rapidly bring in the coins that you need the most in the early part of the game is to make everything that you can, and sell it in your Roadside Stand (RSS) for full price. It's more important to do that, than to sell to the visitors, trucks or boats (unless there is a double-coin event, then you can rake in the coins).

The fastest ways to make xp is to do truck and boat orders, but, again, in the beginning it bites you in the behind if you level up too quickly.

There are great guides in the "New to Hay Day?" section of the forum. You'll get off to a great start with all that accumulated wisdom.

I wish you you very happy farming in hopefully a very Happy New Year!
    I've been selling a lot in the roadside shop, and buy every new building every time I level up. I'm level 14. Lately, I've been wheat farming to sell in the shop, get XP, and get bonus items occasionally. I will keep doing this, but as I have asked, how do you get XP? I'll just use the answer for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    I've been selling a lot in the roadside shop, and buy every new building every time I level up. I'm level 14. Lately, I've been wheat farming to sell in the shop, get XP, and get bonus items occasionally. I will keep doing this, but as I have asked, how do you get XP? I'll just use the answer for future reference.
    I agree on what the others have said about focusing on building coin and capacity.

That said, basically you get exp by doing things on your farm - anything will give exp, some things more than others. so making anything in a machine gives exp, as does harvesting, cutting down a tree, blowing up a rock, etc. At level 14 the thing you could get most exp on is trucks, as you don't yet have fruit trees or the boat. If you are doing truck orders it's a good idea to be selective, picking ones that give you good amounts of exp, coin or both, rather than trying to fill every order. I chose a limit on mine, and tear down all the ones below that amount of exp (unless they want the simple very easy things).

try to save some of the saws you have started getting, as you will get apple trees next level. Harvesting those is good exp and selling the apples gives very good coin, but they need to be cut down with a saw after the 4th harvest. Nobody wants a farm of dead trees, so plant only as many as you can manage saws to tend. Far better to use these saws on Apple trees than the native trees, as one thing many players will tell you is they later regret chopping down so many of the native trees.

You will get the boat at level 17, and it gives good exp too, so lots of opportunities and challenges ahead - enjoy!
    Last edited by Tomville; December 31st, 2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    I agree on what the others have said about focusing on building coin and capacity.

That said, basically you get exp by doing things on your farm - anything will give exp, some things more than others. so making anything in a machine gives exp, as does harvesting, cutting down a tree, blowing up a rock, etc. At level 14 the thing you could get most exp on is trucks, as you don't yet have fruit trees or the boat. If you are doing truck orders it's a good idea to be selective, picking ones that give you good amounts of exp, coin or both, rather than trying to fill every order. I chose a limit on mine, and tear down all the ones below that amount of exp (unless they want the simple very easy things).

try to save some of the saws you have started getting, as you will get apple trees next level. Harvesting those is good exp and selling the apples gives very good coin, but they need to be cut down with a saw after the 4th harvest. Nobody wants a farm of dead trees, so plant only as many as you can manage saws to tend. Far better to use these saws on Apple trees than the native trees, as one thing many players will tell you is they later regret chopping down so many of the native trees.

You will get the boat at level 17, and it gives good exp too, so lots of opportunities and challenges ahead - enjoy!
    Can't my friends revive the trees or something? Also, what benefit do native trees give?

Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    Can't my friends revive the trees or something? Also, what benefit do native trees give?
    Friends can revive the tree once after the 3rd harvest. After the 4th they're dead.
    Farm Level 66
    Co-Leader at Leapfrog Acres, a friendly, derby playing neighborhood. 18/30 Members
    Help us (the boys) win! Visit: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...s-%28part-2%29

Native trees do colour with the season. Planted trees keep their colour. Native trees can't be moved (that's why i chopped them )

Would it be possible to move them I wouldn't have chopped them.... Many people want to keep the native trees for their seasonal change. As wel the natural swamp pools.

And you can only revive your trees once.... that must be done by visitors. Then they must be chopped down. So don't keep to many trees.
    Last edited by Vfrood; December 31st, 2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Town 28, Barn 2700 Silo 2100, Tackle box 175, level 108 Player ID # UCUG20JP
    We Dutch discovered Russian Hack https://www.volkskrant.nl/media/dutc...ions~a4561913/
    Done scorched earth twice

* Harvesting off course
    * Filling Crates in boats/filling your own boats (not on level 14)
    * Selling crops/goods in RSS
    * Feeding visitors in town
    * fishing

I hope i didn't forget something
    Town 28, Barn 2700 Silo 2100, Tackle box 175, level 108 Player ID # UCUG20JP
    We Dutch discovered Russian Hack https://www.volkskrant.nl/media/dutc...ions~a4561913/
    Done scorched earth twice

Les

I imagine coming from clash to Hayday has got to be a large culture shock. The two games are very different. Hayday is even different from other farm type games. We don't have disasters like fires or tornados that you have to recover from. Our people never die or get the measles. There are no obstacles that need clearing.

To see what gives you XP, just pay close attention to your game. When you harvest your crops or collect from your animals, etc, you will see stars fly up and your XP numbers increase.

You even get XP from cutting down those trees. The fruit trees that you plant and harvest can be replaced. The rocks, trees and swamps are gone once you cut them down or blow them up. I prefer to blow some of them up because it makes the chickens go crazy and it's fun to see. Others like to use them for landscape and like a more forestry look on their farm. No one way is right or wrong. Yes you get XP from removing them but it's not so much that you can't leave them. The only really good reason to get rid of all of it is to avoid having to clear more land when you get more machines. I managed to get my whole town in the area given without clearing it. I eventually cleared it all as I got expansion materials naturally without needing to obsess over it, but that's just me. Others spend more time and energy decorating and enjoying their creative side. To each his own. Many were very disappointed the first time we had a season change because they had cleared all their trees, but when we got more land, they were able to keep more trees. So you see there really is no fatal mistake that you can't over come.

Try to push clash out of your mind when you farm. The things that work there don't even come up here. It's like playing solitaire and deciding that you need to clear off all the kings and queens as invading forces. It won't work will it?

Have fun. Ask questions if you want to hang out here, but you will actually find out much of what you need just by playing the game. I once thought I'd like to restart the game so I could save the diamonds, I spent early on like I did with another game, but it wasn't really necessary since you get enough in game. Soon you will forget any regrets you may have made early on. We all have

Tigg

Edit. Don't know where that "Les" came from. Ignore please
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; January 4th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!