Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: How do you get XP?

  1. #21
    Mother Goose Tiggerr129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA Central time
    Posts
    4,095

    Les

    I imagine coming from clash to Hayday has got to be a large culture shock. The two games are very different. Hayday is even different from other farm type games. We don't have disasters like fires or tornados that you have to recover from. Our people never die or get the measles. There are no obstacles that need clearing.

    To see what gives you XP, just pay close attention to your game. When you harvest your crops or collect from your animals, etc, you will see stars fly up and your XP numbers increase.

    You even get XP from cutting down those trees. The fruit trees that you plant and harvest can be replaced. The rocks, trees and swamps are gone once you cut them down or blow them up. I prefer to blow some of them up because it makes the chickens go crazy and it's fun to see. Others like to use them for landscape and like a more forestry look on their farm. No one way is right or wrong. Yes you get XP from removing them but it's not so much that you can't leave them. The only really good reason to get rid of all of it is to avoid having to clear more land when you get more machines. I managed to get my whole town in the area given without clearing it. I eventually cleared it all as I got expansion materials naturally without needing to obsess over it, but that's just me. Others spend more time and energy decorating and enjoying their creative side. To each his own. Many were very disappointed the first time we had a season change because they had cleared all their trees, but when we got more land, they were able to keep more trees. So you see there really is no fatal mistake that you can't over come.

    Try to push clash out of your mind when you farm. The things that work there don't even come up here. It's like playing solitaire and deciding that you need to clear off all the kings and queens as invading forces. It won't work will it?

    Have fun. Ask questions if you want to hang out here, but you will actually find out much of what you need just by playing the game. I once thought I'd like to restart the game so I could save the diamonds, I spent early on like I did with another game, but it wasn't really necessary since you get enough in game. Soon you will forget any regrets you may have made early on. We all have

    Tigg

    Edit. Don't know where that "Les" came from. Ignore please
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; January 4th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.

    GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

    Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by karliez View Post
    I have a level 25 baby farm and am doing the same thing! I so regret chopping down my native trees and rocks in the beginning I bought some with vouchers and use the fruit trees to decorate my farm, but I so long for the beautiful seasonal trees- especially in the Fall- they look so beautiful in all the colors. 🍂🍁🍃
    Don't you have some in the land expansion areas?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    I imagine coming from clash to Hayday has got to be a large culture shock. The two games are very different. Hayday is even different from other farm type games. We don't have disasters like fires or tornados that you have to recover from. Our people never die or get the measles. There are no obstacles that need clearing.

    To see what gives you XP, just pay close attention to your game. When you harvest your crops or collect from your animals, etc, you will see stars fly up and your XP numbers increase.

    You even get XP from cutting down those trees. The fruit trees that you plant and harvest can be replaced. The rocks, trees and swamps are gone once you cut them down or blow them up. I prefer to blow some of them up because it makes the chickens go crazy and it's fun to see. Others like to use them for landscape and like a more forestry look on their farm. No one way is right or wrong. Yes you get XP from removing them but it's not so much that you can't leave them. The only really good reason to get rid of all of it is to avoid having to clear more land when you get more machines. I managed to get my whole town in the area given without clearing it. I eventually cleared it all as I got expansion materials naturally without needing to obsess over it, but that's just me. Others spend more time and energy decorating and enjoying their creative side. To each his own. Many were very disappointed the first time we had a season change because they had cleared all their trees, but when we got more land, they were able to keep more trees. So you see there really is no fatal mistake that you can't over come.

    Try to push clash out of your mind when you farm. The things that work there don't even come up here. It's like playing solitaire and deciding that you need to clear off all the kings and queens as invading forces. It won't work will it?

    Have fun. Ask questions if you want to hang out here, but you will actually find out much of what you need just by playing the game. I once thought I'd like to restart the game so I could save the diamonds, I spent early on like I did with another game, but it wasn't really necessary since you get enough in game. Soon you will forget any regrets you may have made early on. We all have

    Tigg

    Edit. Don't know where that "Les" came from. Ignore please
    Wait, didn't we only start with, like, 20 diamonds or something? I don't remember it being all that much.

  4. #24
    Forum All-Star MiniGardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    ...pruning my topiaries!
    Posts
    4,168
    Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    Don't you have some in the land expansion areas?
    Yes, when the most recent tracts of new land were introduced last year, a lot of us worked very hard to keep as many original trees as possible so that we could appreciate their fall colors and winter white. We just wish that we still had more trees in the original farm space. Pretty much nobody understood that only those original trees would change with the seasons. I, for one, have accidentally chopped down some (maybe 10) when I thought I was loading a machine or feeding a pet that I had placed nearby. The trees you buy in the shop for "decoration" do not change. We hope someday to be able to buy seasonal trees, but SC has ruled out that possibility for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    Wait, didn't we only start with, like, 20 diamonds or something? I don't remember it being all that much.
    It's true, you don't start the game with very many diamonds, but there are a number of places in the game where you can find diamonds. There is a "diamond hunters" thread that has more details, but here are a few:
    • Red tool boxes on your farm or farms you visit: 5 diamonds
    • treasure chests in your town or towns you visit: 8 diamonds
    • mining: 1 diamond
    • the WoF (wheel of fortune): 1 diamond
    • Achievements
    • adding new fish to your fishing book
    • leveling up
    • "movie tickets" if you are lucky enough to receive them
    • Tom's "bargain" balloon

    There are quite a few farmers who have reached very high levels without ever buying diamonds. However, patience is required. I find that there is a definite satisfaction in "earning" my diamonds. I have bought diamonds 3 times since I started farming 18 months ago. Each time, it was to buy decorations that were only available for a short time (like Halloween and Christmas). All the "working" part of my farm has been developed with diamonds earned in the game. That includes production slots on machines, hiring Tom, acquiring the materials to expand my barn, silo and land; and I never speed anything up. My NH seldom uses diamonds for the Derby, and I have opted out of the Derby for quite a while, but any diamonds I spent on the Derby were earned in the game, too.

    Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

  5. #25

    In my experience people revive trees pretty quickly

    I'm a newby but it seems like it happens pretty fast so far. And I've been hiding my trees in the forest not knowing that they could be revived. I thought the exclamation point thing was just saying I needed to cut them down. And half a day later I found my trees alive and well in the middle of nowhere and brought them back. So, just the fact that people bothered to find the trees seems like indication it's pretty quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by clashcon View Post
    Do people revive trees a lot? Or do I have to wait?

    Please add "JOSHUA COC" on Game Center and help me.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by katalepsykills View Post
    I'm a newby but it seems like it happens pretty fast so far. And I've been hiding my trees in the forest not knowing that they could be revived. I thought the exclamation point thing was just saying I needed to cut them down. And half a day later I found my trees alive and well in the middle of nowhere and brought them back. So, just the fact that people bothered to find the trees seems like indication it's pretty quick.
    Yeah, I noticed. Since I asked that question 6 days ago, about 4 hours after I started, I have now been playing about 36x as long as that, so I know now, but thanks! I have over 200 friends because of this game.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Yes, when the most recent tracts of new land were introduced last year, a lot of us worked very hard to keep as many original trees as possible so that we could appreciate their fall colors and winter white. We just wish that we still had more trees in the original farm space. Pretty much nobody understood that only those original trees would change with the seasons. I, for one, have accidentally chopped down some (maybe 10) when I thought I was loading a machine or feeding a pet that I had placed nearby. The trees you buy in the shop for "decoration" do not change. We hope someday to be able to buy seasonal trees, but SC has ruled out that possibility for now.

    It's true, you don't start the game with very many diamonds, but there are a number of places in the game where you can find diamonds. There is a "diamond hunters" thread that has more details, but here are a few:
    • Red tool boxes on your farm or farms you visit: 5 diamonds
    • treasure chests in your town or towns you visit: 8 diamonds
    • mining: 1 diamond
    • the WoF (wheel of fortune): 1 diamond
    • Achievements
    • adding new fish to your fishing book
    • leveling up
    • "movie tickets" if you are lucky enough to receive them
    • Tom's "bargain" balloon

    There are quite a few farmers who have reached very high levels without ever buying diamonds. However, patience is required. I find that there is a definite satisfaction in "earning" my diamonds. I have bought diamonds 3 times since I started farming 18 months ago. Each time, it was to buy decorations that were only available for a short time (like Halloween and Christmas). All the "working" part of my farm has been developed with diamonds earned in the game. That includes production slots on machines, hiring Tom, acquiring the materials to expand my barn, silo and land; and I never speed anything up. My NH seldom uses diamonds for the Derby, and I have opted out of the Derby for quite a while, but any diamonds I spent on the Derby were earned in the game, too.
    Okay. Just like in Clash of Clans, I don't like the tree clutter. I'll keep a couple.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •