Legend

• Introduction
    • Images
    • Explanation
    • Pros/Cons
    • Defense Logs
    • Conclusion

Introduction

Welcome! I have used this base as my active village layout for quite some time now, and it has worked well enough for me. I hope that you guys will be able to provide me with some constructive feedback and if you like, help me to test the base or provide modifications. Enjoy!

Images

Full Base

Walls Only

Traps and Walls

CC Radius

AD Modification

CC Modification (at the cost of decreased DE protection)

Explanation
    Giants will go around the inner ring of the base, and will get destroyed by the point defenses, including the 2 hidden teslas. Spring traps will also be awaiting them in the funnels, which will easily dismantle any giant-based attacks, such as the Giant-Healer combination which is popular even at TH7. The CC is also centralised, and if it is not lured at the start of the battle, the CC troops will easily serve as a distraction for the enemy troops and easily destroy giants. Due to how easy it is for the enemy to take out the TH, most enemies will just take the TH and ignore the rest of the loot. It is very unlikely for enemies to be able to get into the core of the base and destroy the DE storage if they attacked from the south, unless if the attacker uses all his spells or if he is a TH8 with level 5 troops.

Pros

• DE Protection: DE storage is centralized and protected by many of the defenses.
    • Funneling: Giants will be funneled around the base and be taken out by the spring traps.
    • No Free Buildings: All of the mines and collectors are within range of at least
    • Anti-WB: Very less T-junctions located around the base.
    • DE/TH: Attackers will find it very hard to get both of these buildings, so they will have to make a choice as to whether to attack from the south and destroy the TH or to go for the DE storage.
    • Cornered Builder Huts: Very effective against giants if they are not destroyed beforehand with archers.
    • Unlurable BK: BK cannot be lured from the outside of the base.
    • Centralized CC: Can change the tide of the battle if CC troops are not lured.

Cons

• Secondary Resource: Secondary resource is relatively unprotected.
    • Southern-Teaser: Obviously a southern-teaser base.
    • Sub-optimal trap placements: Sub-optimal placements of the SAM, and perhaps the giant bombs.
    • Air Defenses: Relatively exposed air defenses, poor SAM and AS placement means that this base is extremely weak against air attacks.
    • Town Hall: TH is relatively exposed and only semi-protected. However, in the main layout, it is protected by the 2 air defenses, so minions will not be able to take out the TH unharmed.

Defense Logs

Mass archer attack with 3 dragons. Managed to destroy both elixir storages and the town hall. I forgot to switch the positions of the gold storages and the elixir storages.

Poorly executed BARCH attack with goblins, only managed to get the town hall.

Giant-healer attack. Spring traps made short work of the giants, while the healer was quickly taken down by the air defenses. Archers managed to destroy the town hall and get the 1-star, after the giants cleaned up the defenses surrounding the town hall.

BARCH attack, both elixir storages were destroyed under the support of all of the spells, the BK and the enemy CC troops.

Giant-healer attack, managed to destroy 3 storages.

Giant-healer attack, and with the support of the archers, managed to take down 2 of the storages. Most of the gold was from the gold mines.

Only 3-star against this base to-date. A revenge mass-hog attack, and made short work of my base with his BK, 3 healing spells and the enemy CC max-leveled hogs.

Conclusion

I hope you guys enjoyed this base layout, and more defense logs will be posted in the future. Testers, feedback and modifications are all welcomed. Thanks!

Pro Member
    Reserved for future logs.

Pro Member
    Final reserve for future logs. You may post now!

giving this a go, but as a brand new TH7 i doubt the defense logs will look pretty until i get some upgrades done

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejayroh View Post
    giving this a go, but as a brand new TH7 i doubt the defense logs will look pretty until i get some upgrades done
    Thanks. As a TH7, just focus on getting the mortars and wizard towers asap, and maybe the air defenses if you are active in war. Point defenses will come later. You don't have to rush your way through TH7. Thanks and good luck for testing!

Wow! ST for th7. Nicee

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palashm View Post
    Wow! ST for th7. Nicee
    Thanks. Also, I might be making some modifications to this based to refine it further. I just hope to get it done in a week as I am going on a camp soon. Thanks for all of your support!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfazed View Post
    Thanks. As a TH7, just focus on getting the mortars and wizard towers asap, and maybe the air defenses if you are active in war. Point defenses will come later. You don't have to rush your way through TH7. Thanks and good luck for testing!
    This ain't my first rodeo

I still haven't been hit despite full collectors, but maybe soon.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejayroh View Post
    This ain't my first rodeo

I still haven't been hit despite full collectors, but maybe soon.
    What trophy range are you currently in?

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfazed View Post
    What trophy range are you currently in?
    I'm down around 1238 at the moment and rising. Logged in to full level 10 collectors (100k in each collector). My last defense was 3 days ago where I lost 200k of each (it was a barch collector raid), and the replay unavailable so I don't even know if I had started using this base or not lol. I haven't had the time lately to farm this base, but I am surprised I have not been raided more often.