Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Supercell Hears Us

  1. #21
    Forum Superstar GeneralMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    TIRED OF THIS ARGUMENT....town hall sniping was not a FREE RIDE.....it was a SHIELD WITH MINIMAL COSTS that benefitted both parties....for minimal resource loss I got to keep the loot that I spent hours grinding for....people sniping th for trophys to climb in ranks quickly figured out what a bad idea it was when they were decimated in every attack on the her e insignificant under developed bases...the game had balance before and many different options of play syles....now it appeals only to one type of play...this is tragic...the loss of options....
    Here is how you protect your loot: You make enough for an upgrade and you spend it.

    Hiding behind that free shield gave players the ability to take 99 steps forward and 0 steps backwards. It was virtually a risk free way to keep all of your loot so long as the league bonus was enough to get players to simply snipe and move on. In a game that is supposed to be about attacking and defending way too many players never actually defended anything. People wanted to pile up the loot and not have to worry about someone else stealing it from them. That's not how the game was supposed to work.

    Look it was a great scam while it lasted, but it's gone and if you want to upgrade something now you'll have to go out there and earn it by attacking and defending the best that you can. That is the name of the game here. No more easy unlimited upgrades with house money.
    CR, Lv10, Royal Arena, Highest trophies 3284 - Retired
    Youtube channel here
    "To do is to be" - Plato, "To be is to do" - Socrates, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman389 View Post
    Supercell is aware of the loot issues we are having. Here is a message I got from
    the support staff:

    Hello Chief,


    I really appreciate you writing in!


    I understand that sometimes it is difficult to introduce new attributes to the game that will please all the players. These new changes apply equally to all the players. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to revert or change things in the game.


    Having a TH level 9 and above might make it harder for you to raid because there is not many people with TH level 9 and above yet. Therefore, you will get matches against people with lower TH's.

    <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzler View Post
    Nobody noticed this part? This must 3+ years old.
    very odd.

    Odd 10 char ♥♥♥♥
    IGN: wyowoman Clan: Calcara Hunters Lvl:154 TH:10

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    Here is how you protect your loot: You make enough for an upgrade and you spend it.

    Hiding behind that free shield gave players the ability to take 99 steps forward and 0 steps backwards. It was virtually a risk free way to keep all of your loot so long as the league bonus was enough to get players to simply snipe and move on. In a game that is supposed to be about attacking and defending way too many players never actually defended anything. People wanted to pile up the loot and not have to worry about someone else stealing it from them. That's not how the game was supposed to work.

    Look it was a great scam while it lasted, but it's gone and if you want to upgrade something now you'll have to go out there and earn it by attacking and defending the best that you can. That is the name of the game here. No more easy unlimited upgrades with house money.
    I both agree and disagree with you on this.

    I agree that it was a free ride / great scam. In principle, I don't really mind them getting rid of th sniping, because it is in theory kinda weird and lame.

    However, I disagree in the sense that removing it the way they did (without making any other meaningful changes to compensate for its loss) completely threw off the balance of the game. I think they thought the changes to the shield system (where you can now attack through your shield) was going to be enough, but they were wrong. What bothers many on these forums was that this was pointed out from day 1 of the sneak peeks.

    To me, the bottom line is this... as stupid as sniping was, the game was balanced with its inclusion. They made a major change that threw off that balance, and now the game is unsustainable for a great many of their playerbase. That is bad design, and it needs to change.

    If they want to get rid of th sniping and have us attack and defend better (which I don't have a problem with), they need to do something else that makes it worthwhile and injects resources back into the economy. Many have suggested massive boosts to league bonuses, and I agree with that one as I think it would reward what SC has stated they wanted to do with this update (better attacking and defending, challenge yourself, etc.). There have been many other suggestions as well over the last month (since the sneak peeks).

    What SC does is up to them, but they NEED to do something because what we have now isn't working.

  4. #24
    Senior Member MisterHush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    230

    Ummmm... if you say so.

    Actions speak louder than silence...derp!
    Where's the frick'n loot now? Increase loot bonuses by 150%!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman389 View Post
    Please have patience and understanding, as we can only change the game in small steps.
    Really?

    Revamping an entire shield system after 3 years into the game, and killing farming (all in one update) are "small" steps?

    Lord above only knows what SC consider a big step.

  6. #26
    Millennial Club NewDamage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    South Of Heaven.
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    TIRED OF THIS ARGUMENT....town hall sniping was not a FREE RIDE.....it was a SHIELD WITH MINIMAL COSTS that benefitted both parties....for minimal resource loss I got to keep the loot that I spent hours grinding for....people sniping th's for trophys to climb in ranks.... quickly figured out what a bad idea it was when they were decimated in every attack on the there insignificant under developed bases...the game had balance before and many different options of play syles....now it appeals only to one type of play...this is tragic...the loss of options....
    They could have easily just made a TH snipe worth zero cups to stop the low TH's advancing up into the high leagues.

  7. #27
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    404 Not Found
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralMayhem View Post
    Here is how you protect your loot: You make enough for an upgrade and you spend it.

    Hiding behind that free shield gave players the ability to take 99 steps forward and 0 steps backwards. It was virtually a risk free way to keep all of your loot so long as the league bonus was enough to get players to simply snipe and move on. In a game that is supposed to be about attacking and defending way too many players never actually defended anything. People wanted to pile up the loot and not have to worry about someone else stealing it from them. That's not how the game was supposed to work.

    Look it was a great scam while it lasted, but it's gone and if you want to upgrade something now you'll have to go out there and earn it by attacking and defending the best that you can. That is the name of the game here. No more easy unlimited upgrades with house money.
    You can design a game any way you want to, but guess what, no one has to actually play it.

    You can call it a "free ride" or "easy", which I personally find to be gross exaggeration, but it doesn't matter. A considerable portion of users liked it and were happily playing the game.

    As a game developer myself, I can tell that that is a huge success and not something to be taken lightly. I've made difficult games and observed 2 main kinds of reactions. Some people would enjoy the challenge, other would try twice and give up. I promise you I did not enjoy watching people give up or get any overwhelming sense of satisfaction from how true it was to my design.

    Point is, like it or not, a purist mentality to game development does not matter if it does not have substantial appeal. In many cases games actually need to be made easier to appeal to larger audiences.

    If that's not good enough for you, how about this..

    You don't actually KNOW how much the existing game has or has not deviated since it's inception. I'm willing to bet that more changes than you can imagine were made after rounds of play testing and feedback.

    So what is the point here of bringing up "..how it was supposed to work" other than to try and provoke if you don't actually know?

  8. #28
    Forum Superstar GeneralMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by moriteq View Post
    I both agree and disagree with you on this.

    I agree that it was a free ride / great scam. In principle, I don't really mind them getting rid of th sniping, because it is in theory kinda weird and lame.

    However, I disagree in the sense that removing it the way they did (without making any other meaningful changes to compensate for its loss) completely threw off the balance of the game. I think they thought the changes to the shield system (where you can now attack through your shield) was going to be enough, but they were wrong. What bothers many on these forums was that this was pointed out from day 1 of the sneak peeks.

    To me, the bottom line is this... as stupid as sniping was, the game was balanced with its inclusion. They made a major change that threw off that balance, and now the game is unsustainable for a great many of their playerbase. That is bad design, and it needs to change.

    If they want to get rid of th sniping and have us attack and defend better (which I don't have a problem with), they need to do something else that makes it worthwhile and injects resources back into the economy. Many have suggested massive boosts to league bonuses, and I agree with that one as I think it would reward what SC has stated they wanted to do with this update (better attacking and defending, challenge yourself, etc.). There have been many other suggestions as well over the last month (since the sneak peeks).

    What SC does is up to them, but they NEED to do something because what we have now isn't working.
    I don't know about calling the old system balanced. Everyone was a winner under the old system and there was no real loser. To me that tilts the game entirely in one direction. The update has tilted it heavily in the other direction a bit too far and needs some tweaking, mainly I think to protect the players that can't dedicate 2+ hours per day to clashing. Everyone playing more than 4 times per day should still be able to come out ahead under the current conditions. Yes progress is exponentially slower, but it can still be made.

    With a couple of little bumps in a few areas we could have a better balance for all of the players. Give out a larger bonus mainly helps the most active players, so lets help them with a slight increase in bonus, but lets also help players with a defensive bonus. Lets also find a way to get these sharks away from the minnows. Bigger bonuses isn't going to make them move up in leagues, the sharks were already there before the update. Since the update though too many players have followed them down there and the pool is heavily unbalanced.

    They could do some adjustments to army costs and training times as well either globally for everyone or tie it to clan perks. If you want cheaper armies and faster times go earn them as a team by fighting in clan wars. They could introduce a daily reward system for achieving a certain number of stars in a day. that scales up with each attack. They could increase war loot. They could bump collector production or add more levels.

    All of those things tilt the balance of the game in favor of the players again. But we'll never be as productive as we were before the update. People longing for those days need to lower their expectations.
    CR, Lv10, Royal Arena, Highest trophies 3284 - Retired
    Youtube channel here
    "To do is to be" - Plato, "To be is to do" - Socrates, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra

  9. #29
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    527
    Looks like a reply to a previous update or it is ♥♥

  10. #30
    Senior Member MisterHush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    230
    word.............
    👊
    Where's the frick'n loot now? Increase loot bonuses by 150%!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •