Page 3 of 1880 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Encouraging Fairplay II (Banned accounts)

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAntlers View Post
    Not sure why they're encouraging this, thought they already maintained this, but I guess not... Really all they need is to scan the devices for a combination of xmod and rooting/jailbreaks everytime tge app is launched. This is what steam does with valve games and it works pretty well. Should be easier with supercell games and more so mobile devices.
    You can't just scan someones phone lol, that would be ummm illegal. You can detect packets, etc that are sent to and from your app.
    Last edited by Micker99; April 18th, 2016 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    It's not just because SC claim to have a working rabbit detector. I don't know how well it will work, and I'm sure the bad guys will patch around it to some extent. The good news is the change in attitude from SC. Before it was, no discussion and we'll pretend there isn't a problem. "It's just a strategy" to overwhelming proof.

Now: they admit people cheat. We can even use the word "cheat" on the forum. And "xmod". They say they are going to do something about it. And they will be banning people. They even used the term "mass-banning". So instead of finding every possible excuse to avoid banning, now they are willing to take effective action. Their detector may not be perfect, and may only work intermittently, but the life span of a rabbit just got waaay shorter.
    holy ♥♥♥♥! Thanks for pointing this out Onyx, cheat and Xmod no longer come out as hearts. I hadn't noticed, but that's a COMPLETE 180 on SC policy. It's no longer "hush hush," but rather "seek and destroy." I could not be happier
    Last edited by nerfedname; April 18th, 2016 at 04:59 PM.
    TH12 - Lvl 218 - AQ60 - BK60 - GW30
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Is 'jog' in AppStore or google play? I don't seem to find it.
    Click HERE to find out more about "Nerfedname's 'weight tax'" for war MM

Signature by Gutodh

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    It's no longer "hush hush," but rather "seek and destroy." I could not be happier
    Ill wait and see if they do anything substantial before i give sc credit for anything...
    CJ #QUG2YVC TH10 LEVEL 143, CJ 2ND ACCOUNT #2G8RRPVO TH9 LVL 119
    CLAN: FLARITY CLAN LV11 373 WINS
    BK: LV 30, AQ:LV 38 BK: LV 22, AQ:LV 30
    627WAR STARS 728 WAR STARS
    979M GG, 1B EE, 5.3M HH; 660M GG, 690M EE, 2.95M HH

Quote Originally Posted by cjruiz View Post
    Why is everyone rejoicing, they have not said one thing that wasnt in the tos already. they will ban people who use 3rd party applications, hmmmmmm They already could do that. just because they finally "Encourage" fairplay doesnt mean that they dont still need proof to ban someone. It will just be more legit scouting. nothing will change except modding will not be talked about in the open on global or clan chat for fear of screen shots and report. all sc did was make open modders more closet modders.

just my .02
    Wow, I have never seen so much skepticism from someone that claims to support fair play. You're sending very mixed signals dude, for real. While everyone is glad that the issue is at least being acknowledged and that SC is attempting to do something (even if it's instilling fear with a blanket statement /threat of ban) you're sitting here with your panties in a bind and your arms crossed...really?!?! I have to agree with a previous post "the first stage of death, is denial!" lol

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cjruiz View Post
    so they have a system that can read programs on someones phone or tablet without a new permission being added to the game? i think not.
    just my .02

.. no need to read anything on your phone to detect that you are playing dirty ..

You see .. SuperCell isn't the kind of company that will sleep on the job .. they have been collecting data for months and they have been analyzing it. BigData .. look it up, it's all the rage in the industry these years..

They already have a list of suspects ..

:-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

Centennial Club
    Some people think SC is FBI. LOL

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfedname View Post
    holy ♥♥♥♥! Thanks for pointing this out Onyx, cheat and Xmod no longer come out as hearts. I hadn't noticed, but that's a COMPLETE 180 on SC policy. It's no longer "hush hush," but rather "seek and destroy." I could not be happier

Makes sense. If you have no real way to combat mods, your best bet is to at least keep people from learning about them on your forums. If you have an effective way of eliminating the usefulness of them, then it doesn't matter who learns about them and thinks "awesome, I wanna try".

Just look at all the people on threads today who are like "xmod, what's that? what does it do?". You dont' want those people learning about it and deciding to use it if you can't do anything about it.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet91X View Post
    Wow, I have never seen so much skepticism from someone that claims to support fair play. You're sending very mixed signals dude, for real. While everyone is glad that the issue is at least being acknowledged and that SC is attempting to do something (even if it's instilling fear with a blanket statement /threat of ban) you're sitting here with your panties in a bind and your arms crossed...really?!?! I have to agree with a previous post "the first stage of death, is denial!" lol
    skepticism is not sending wrong signals. just because you think they are full of ♥♥ of dont know how they would implement this "encouraging of Fairplay" to any substantial effect doesnt mean i am supporting modders. So your celebrating because SC acknowledged modders, whooooppppiiiieeeeeee lets celebrate, ♥♥♥♥. Ill wait and see if they do anything before i give them credit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCbus View Post

more like the cia or homeland security.
    CJ #QUG2YVC TH10 LEVEL 143, CJ 2ND ACCOUNT #2G8RRPVO TH9 LVL 119
    CLAN: FLARITY CLAN LV11 373 WINS
    BK: LV 30, AQ:LV 38 BK: LV 22, AQ:LV 30
    627WAR STARS 728 WAR STARS
    979M GG, 1B EE, 5.3M HH; 660M GG, 690M EE, 2.95M HH

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCbus View Post
    You don't have to be FBI to spin up EMR and analyze every touch event everybody does on their device in connection with each attack. Those touch events ARE recorded and "Replay" is proof of that.

The first "question" I would formulate and it's a pretty damn simple one too, is:

"Does a player ever attack with the exact same touch events?"

next would be:

"Are there any sequences of touch events, that are repeated across all players?"

another good one:

"Are one troop drop war attacks followed by 3 star attacks?"

"from the same IP/MAC combination .. ?"

SuperCell have had years to perfect their EMR analysis and you can bite your onions that they have been doing just that.

Now, they can sit back and monitor specific players .. and just when they think they are safe .. enter level 12 walls and the bans will go for a second wave! :-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats

OP has done nothing but just imply his own skepticism, which in all fairness I can see why.

I have no idea what they have done to revolutionize their bunny detection software over the past few months, and to be honest...I'm not even sure these tools exist. It could very well just be a threat to shake things and attempt to show the community that they actually care, when really it's nothing more than an empty threat. It's kind of unrealistic that they have let it continue to progress this far, not knowing how to stop it and suddenly they have developed some way to detect all modding on all devices. An accurate response would be, "yeah right."

Time will tell. I also remain skeptic until I see some top war clans/known users getting shut down which would probably end up being a huge revenue cut off for SC as most of these players gem heavily. Then again, I do find it amusing that they decided to wait to roll out this policy after most of them have already gemmed max th11.

Regardless, I do commend SC for actually acknowledging it after all these years, and publically releasing an actual statement about it. We can now use words on the forum that were previously locked. That in itself, is a right step towards progress.
    Last edited by IDBGOD28; April 18th, 2016 at 07:24 PM.