Page 1707 of 1880 FirstFirst ... 707120716071657169717051706170717081709171717571807 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,070 of 18795

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Encouraging Fairplay II (Banned accounts)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by M4ver1ck View Post
    I have an ooolllldddd ipad that's jailbroken, but no CoC or other game TPA's. It's also been on a shelf since all of this started, so not sure how that could have even affected me at all. Haven't used it to play CoC in probably 6 months. Other 2 devices are not broken. Normal iOS, bought new from Apple.
    One possibility is that this old ipad you bought on ebay wasn't clean and you accounts were already flagged by octopus then.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...62#post8369462

Just reposted to previous comment. Bought one used ipad on ebay, but it appeared clean. Haven't used it for months though. Been using brand new ipad and phone. No april bans. nobody used my accounts to my knowledge. no suspicious activity. no mods on any accounts. 3 accounts have been played on all devices at one point or another. 1 has not been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffride View Post
    Just wanted to point out that the statement below leads us to believe that CoC have never been installed in your old iPad.

Then followed by you haven't played CoC in it in 6 months.

There is an inconsistency here. Perhaps you meant that at some point in time you have removed CoC from your old ipad but as it stands it is not clear and can be construed as dishonesty.

If you are being truthful with all that you say then perhaps there are situation where in you actually do not remember doing or unaware of, that could have lead to you getting banned. I know that this is stretching the possibilities a bit but so far you have rejected all the probable scenarios that was presented to you. The bottom line is that your account was linked to a device where it was determined that the ToS was violated and thus getting you banned.

However, to answer your initial question, SC stated that the bans are non-negotiable, thereby eliminating the possibility of being able to appeal your case.
    I think you're taking some things out of context. I have 2 ipads and an iphone. One ipad is old (gen 2) and has been on the shelf. Prior to 6 months ago, I used whichever iPad was closer. They were interchangeable, but one was newer (iPad air). The newer ipad and phone have been used exclusively for the last 6 months or so, and also before 6 months ago. I think I would remember installing an app that all of a sudden made me awesome at CoC (this never happened). I'm not senile....yet. And your last sentence goes back to my initial question to the moderator, which, under the pretense that all banned violated the ToS, is there any recourse at all for people who have been banned and did not in fact violate the ToS? Anyone that's not the Mod does not have to answer this question. Otherwise we'll just keep going in circles.

Banned
    Read my other posts. No mods, no logins on other devices, no other people on my Gamecenter account, not all of my accounts were banned. I've read all the other posts. I've pushed for FP ever since my clan got modded in war and i didn't even know what it was. I understand everyone's desire to assume that everyone that got banned somehow deserved it. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position and for a bunch of people that don't work for or represent SC in any way, there's a lot of assuming going on. If you can't help you don't need to respond.

well understand that this is the forums not the internal servers for super cell employees and nobody here can help you. take your complaint to super cell, bring it to the forums and this is what you get. as for me i have no sympathy for you, but i do understand that super cell isn't perfect wither. from the sounds of it they missed some of your accounts. maybe they will be included in the next wave of bans

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloes View Post
    One possibility is that this old ipad you bought on ebay wasn't clean and you accounts were already flagged by octopus then.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...62#post8369462
    How could an iPad that hasn't been powered on in 6 months, regardless of what is or is not on it, be responsible for a ban 6 months later? Can SC scan an iPad with a dead battery? I've since looked since someone mentioned this and see no indications of any game related TPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord1972 View Post
    well understand that this is the forums not the internal servers for super cell employees and nobody here can help you. take your complaint to super cell, bring it to the forums and this is what you get. as for me i have no sympathy for you, but i do understand that super cell isn't perfect wither. from the sounds of it they missed some of your accounts. maybe they will be included in the next wave of bans
    Are there not people on this forum who either represent or directly know others that do work for SC? I've seen the claims. however I obviously don't know if these are true or not. I also don't know why an account that's not using any TPA's somehow get excluded from wave after wave of bans and then all of a sudden get banned....then again it's happened twice already so anything is possible.

Centennial Club
    How could an iPad that hasn't been powered on in 6 months, regardless of what is or is not on it, be responsible for a ban 6 months later? Can SC scan an iPad with a dead battery? I've since looked since someone mentioned this and see no indications of any game related TPAs.
    One possibility is that your accounts were already flagged before you 'retired' this ipad you bought on ebay which might not be clean.

It sounds like you only checked if this is any TPA in this old ipad but not the COC files. It's possible the modding software was removed but the COC files were already altered and not restored when you bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloes View Post
    One possibility is that your accounts were already flagged before you 'retired' this ipad you bought on ebay which might not be clean.

It sounds like you only checked if this is any TPA in this old ipad but not the COC files. It's possible the modding software was removed but the COC files were already altered and not restored when you bought it.
    If the iPad was retired before the April warnings and not used after, why is this relevant? Not using the ipad means not using any TPA's.

Banned
    Are there not people on this forum who either represent or directly know others that do work for SC? I've seen the claims. however I obviously don't know if these are true or not. I also don't know why an account that's not using any TPA's somehow get excluded from wave after wave of bans and then all of a sudden get banned....then again it's happened twice already so anything is possible.

the representation you are looking for is not anyone in this forum and just because billy's little sisters best friends neighbor talked to someone at the mall who knew a person that lived down the street and had a cousin whos best friend worked for super cell still doesnt mean you will find a resolution to your problem here in the forum. if you had searched your issue you would have seen the thousand topics covering the same issue and getting the same results. and fyi i still dont believe you, but then again i dont have to as i dont work for SC and i did not ban your accounts (i probably wouldnt have missed the ones not banned if i did work for SC tho)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlord1972 View Post
    the representation you are looking for is not anyone in this forum and just because billy's little sisters best friends neighbor talked to someone at the mall who knew a person that lived down the street and had a cousin whos best friend worked for super cell still doesnt mean you will find a resolution to your problem here in the forum. if you had searched your issue you would have seen the thousand topics covering the same issue and getting the same results. and fyi i still dont believe you, but then again i dont have to as i dont work for SC and i did not ban your accounts (i probably wouldnt have missed the ones not banned if i did work for SC tho)
    Thanks. How do I get in touch with Billy? I'm trying anything I can at this point.

Centennial Club
    If the iPad was retired before the April warnings and not used after, why is this relevant? Not using the ipad means not using any TPA's.
    No one here knows how the ban wave works, maybe supercell has different criteria for each ban wave. But one thing we know is not all flagged accounts were banned in April consider many modders said they never receive 2-week ban in April when they were modding. It's possible your accounts were flagged when you used this ipad from ebay a while back, not banned in April, and were included in the recent ban wave(s).