Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TH7 "Happy Skull" Base Design

TH7 "Happy Skull" Base Design

Town hall 7 is perfect for raiding, but perfect for getting loot taken from th8ers and th9ers (if there is enough)
    At the end of my town hall 7, I had constructed a base that had fit me and a few friends of mine's needs.
    I like to call this base the Happy Skull:

Pros:
    Balanced mortars
    Balanced splash towers
    centralized air defense
    centralized clan castle
    spawn denial system
    staggered T-junctions
    interior funneling
    13 segments
    separated storages
    balanced core
    town hall semi-protected for meat shield and to discourage low level attackers
    Interior bombs and air bombs not easily wasted by attackers
    Cons:
    Lacks exterior funneling
    Point defenses are off-balanced
    DE unprotected
    1 resource is easy to get at the bottom
    Top Mortars semi-unprotected
    Testers needed, please post your defense log using this if you could
    I would love to hear your feedback, positive or negative
    Last edited by Sqwilliam97; July 14th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

Even though your a clanmate i have to say i like my DE to much and gold storages are a bit to easy to get toa few wall breakers, some giants and some gobs and you got all the gold

I found that when the attackers got one storage, they did not have enough to get to the second with the HP of the clan castle and the force behind the mortars and wizard towers. You can feel free to move the storages around to what fits you the best, and if you are not too worried about air attacks, send the BK to where the DE storages is, put the DE where the AD is, and put the AD where the BK is.
    4 BK lvls left! GOTTA GET DE!!!
    My TH7 "Happy Skull" Design!

Centennial Club
    Personally, when I look at a base, I see two methods of attacking, which are as follows:

1. Try to sneak past the mortar and wizard fire while using a distraction so that the goblins can clear up the storage quickly (This allows only using up a smaller portion of my army so I can take out multiple exposed targets)

2. Cripple the main defenses early and take out as much of the base as possible from a single direction

When attacking your base, I would attack using the second method due to the fact that you have two mortars in outer edge compartments. I would double lightning the right hand mortar and then drop a rage spell over my giants which would be taking out a second mortar from the top left. This rage spell would also encircle all of the archers/barbs/gobs/ that I will have deployed shortly after the giants. Probably would save a giant or two to deploy later. Your clan castle archers would draw my own troops closer to the core of the base, next to the gold storages, and due to the fact that my troops will still be within the rage spell, they will take out the archers and then (hopefully) take out the storages.

Obviously most people won't blow three spells on a th 7 base unless it was a revenge, but if I were to attack your base then that is how I would do it.

Simple solution: Put walls between your cannons and mortars.

Quote Originally Posted by 1997Chris1 View Post
    Personally, when I look at a base, I see two methods of attacking, which are as follows:

1. Try to sneak past the mortar and wizard fire while using a distraction so that the goblins can clear up the storage quickly (This allows only using up a smaller portion of my army so I can take out multiple exposed targets)

2. Cripple the main defenses early and take out as much of the base as possible from a single direction

When attacking your base, I would attack using the second method due to the fact that you have two mortars in outer edge compartments. I would double lightning the right hand mortar and then drop a rage spell over my giants which would be taking out a second mortar from the top left. This rage spell would also encircle all of the archers/barbs/gobs/ that I will have deployed shortly after the giants. Probably would save a giant or two to deploy later. Your clan castle archers would draw my own troops closer to the core of the base, next to the gold storages, and due to the fact that my troops will still be within the rage spell, they will take out the archers and then (hopefully) take out the storages.

Obviously most people won't blow three spells on a th 7 base unless it was a revenge, but if I were to attack your base then that is how I would do it.

Simple solution: Put walls between your cannons and mortars.
    Thank you. I'll think of something, because this is a weakness, but there aren't enough walls, and with 2 lights and a rage with max th7-th8 troops there is not much one can do at the th6 level. Pushing the spawn area back extra far where the mortar pockets are give infantry and giants a lot less health when they arrive at the mortars themselves. I have had a few people during my th7 days get to 1 gold storage, but never both without the assist of the bk and aq.
    Last edited by Sqwilliam97; July 14th, 2013 at 04:35 AM.

Switch the bottom left elixer storage with the top left cannon. That way there isn't a definite better side to attack from(a side with more storages).

Also swap the BK and Dark storage so archers can't pick it off. Protecting BK with walls does nothing since he just gets lured anyways.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    Switch the bottom left elixer storage with the top left cannon. That way there isn't a definite better side to attack from(a side with more storages).

Also swap the BK and Dark storage so archers can't pick it off. Protecting BK with walls does nothing since he just gets lured anyways.
    I did think of that, but i would rather have the attacker waste their infantry on the elixir storage and be taken out by the mortar and WT with 3 cannons and a tesla firing on them. That makes up for just losing a storage without much of a fight IMO
    4 BK lvls left! GOTTA GET DE!!!
    My TH7 "Happy Skull" Design!

Quote Originally Posted by Sqwilliam97 View Post
    I did think of that, but i would rather have the attacker waste their infantry on the elixir storage and be taken out by the mortar and WT with 3 cannons and a tesla firing on them. That makes up for just losing a storage without much of a fight IMO

Still atleast swap the BK with the DE storage....you're gonna want to upgrade BK sooner or later and exposed dark elixer is bad I even keep my drills inside my walls underneath wizard towers and mortars.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

Will,

You spend all that time on your walls but only got your BK to level 2?

I'm not a fan of this base, for a lot of reasons. I much prefer some of your other ones in the TH7 Base Design thread.

I honestly think this type of base is ok for the mid part of TH7, at a low trophy range (1,100 to 1,300) but there reaches a point where your main focus needs to shift to DE for the BK / Minion upgrade and also protecting gold.

Also, I wouldn't bother protecting the Air Defense so heavily if your trophy range is low. You won't see many Air attacks.

Anyway, good luck with TH8!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Also, I wouldn't bother protecting the Air Defense so heavily if your trophy range is low. You won't see many Air attacks.
    Maybe not air attacks, but healer/giant combo is not uncommon at all; and AD is a strong deterrent.