Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War weights and .5 th level.

War weights and .5 th level.

We are a serious war clan with a lot of th8.5s. most of them are already maxxed th9 with no xbows.

I have seen players having computation on war weights. is it valid? how do defenseless town hall be calculated? what about walls less or no xbows?

i have not seen any noticable changes except we get 1-2 th11 from time to time even though we still dont have th11 yet. can you please send me a link of the computation on war weights and how super cell clan war matchmaking really works.

looks like no one wants to give help on this one. well thanks anyway

If I had the correct war weight values and matchmaking algorithm I wouldn't be sharing it here. Maybe I'd share it with a few close friends (who have to sign a non disclosure agreement with a gun to their face) but that's another story.. @moderators this a joke I would never do such a thing! Just kidding I would totally do it.

Anyway my point is nobody here except the illuminati and supercell knows the exact war weight (offense + defense) and matchmaking algorithm. And if someone finds out they are not going to share it with you. Why would they? They will be shooting themselves in the foot. As soon as the war weight and algorithm becomes public Supercell is going to change it.

To answer your question is TH8.5 good or not?

Well first of all you should know that TH .5 was invented as an upgrading strategy and not an end-destination. These are 2 complete different concepts. A .5 would typically max all their offense first (cc, camps, barracks, spell factory, research etc.) before adding any defense. This upgrading system has proven to be very succesful and it still is.

Is it good for you and your clanmates to stay .5? That's a complete different story. For a long time I believed in TH8.5 as a final destination but recently me and my bro Hildegard (who got his own topic here) upgraded our TH8.5 accounts to normal TH9 accounts (4 AD, 2 X-Bows etc.) and to be really honest I don't notice any difference so I can't answer this question with absolute confidence

This is probably not what you wanted to hear but hey atleast it's the truth and nothing but the truth (though definitely not the whole truth) so help me God.

TL;DR some people will say it's good.. Some people will say it's bad.. Nobody can really help you.. Deal with it and decide yourself

Oh and one more thing. If someone claims to know it all they usually have a hidden agenda. They want YouTube views or want to spread false information on purpose. Always be skeptical my friend! Trust noone! Except me ofcourse.
    Last edited by Mandalore; December 27th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalore View Post
    If I had the correct war weight values and matchmaking algorithm I wouldn't be sharing it here. Maybe I'd share it with a few close friends (who have to sign a non disclosure agreement with a gun to their face) but that's another story.. @moderators this a joke I would never do such a thing! Just kidding I would totally do it.

Anyway my point is nobody here except the illuminati and supercell knows the exact war weight (offense + defense) and matchmaking algorithm. And if someone finds out they are not going to share it with you. Why would they? They will be shooting themselves in the foot. As soon as the war weight and algorithm becomes public Supercell is going to change it.

To answer your question is TH8.5 good or not?

Well first of all you should know that TH .5 was invented as an upgrading strategy and not an end-destination. These are 2 complete different concepts. A .5 would typically max all their offense first (cc, camps, barracks, spell factory, research etc.) before adding any defense. This upgrading system has proven to be very succesful and it still is.

Is it good for you and your clanmates to stay .5? That's a complete different story. For a long time I believed in TH8.5 as a final destination but recently me and my bro Hildegard (who got his own topic here) upgraded our TH8.5 accounts to normal TH9 accounts (4 AD, 2 X-Bows etc.) and to be really honest I don't notice any difference so I can't answer this question with absolute confidence

This is probably not what you wanted to hear but hey atleast it's the truth and nothing but the truth (though definitely not the whole truth) so help me God.

TL;DR some people will say it's good.. Some people will say it's bad.. Nobody can really help you.. Deal with it and decide yourself

Oh and one more thing. If someone claims to know it all they usually have a hidden agenda. They want YouTube views or want to spread false information on purpose. Always be skeptical my friend! Trust noone! Except me ofcourse.
    i am experimenting it myself. i have a friend who is a full fledge th9 no xbows other defense, traps is maxed.
    walls are 70% legos 30% skulls heroes 15/18. while a new guy coming from a max th8 decide to build everything.

suprisingly his new defenses are not yet fully max in th8 level. his heroes is sitting 10/5 but he has his xbow now.
    he is now rank higher than the fully max no xbow guy. thus we booted him for having a 10++ up in war ranking.

i also have a friend with 80% lavas and 23++ heroes th9 and a th10 with 10% lava 90% legos th10 with heroes 15/15. and the th10 is rank lower than the th9.

though we dont notice any huge advantage in war now. we most matchup with much stronger opponents now. we are warring 40 or 45. war composition is 3 th11, 3 th10 with inferno 3. 1 th9.5 no inferno. 5 max th9 with xbows (heroes 15++), 8-10 th9 without xbows (one is a super rush th9). rest are th7 and 8.

we still did win many times though.

thanks for replying anyway
    Last edited by jamesserrano9999; December 27th, 2015 at 01:35 PM.

Defenceless accounts are ranked by their offence. Having one in your clan is like shooting yourself in the leg.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; December 27th, 2015 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Defenceless account are ranked by their offence. Having one in your clan is like shooting yourself in the leg.
    it is not defenseless. it just dont have an xbow or an inferno. all other defenses are maxxed base on their current th level.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesserrano9999 View Post
    it is not defenseless. it just dont have an xbow or an inferno. all other defenses are maxxed base on their current th level.
    Defenseless accounts is not really defenseless as well.
    It has some defense, but his offense is much more developed.

It was proven before that it is weighted by offense during matchmaking.

Why do you think your .5 is any different?
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; December 27th, 2015 at 02:19 PM.

I'm not real sure what you are asking. Obviously a base that doesn't have xbows(or inferno towers) is going to have less weight than on that does.That's the whole theory behind the TH x.5 loophole. It gives you time to upgrade your offense to match your defense. I.E. When I took my second account to TH9 I researched all my troops and am currently focusing exclusively on hero's, and still don't have xbows. When we go into war, it is usually ranked in the 8-10 range even though I am much further along than some of the bases in front of me but because they have xbows already built they are ranked higher.

I also have a defenseless. To say having one in your clan is shooting yourself in the leg is ridiculous. We have 3 in our clan and we are 48-2-1 and are perfect almost every war. In fact the one tie was just a couple wars ago and was because we both perfect'd each other.

Quote Originally Posted by juvi1624 View Post
    When we go into war, it is usually ranked in the 8-10 range even though I am much further along than some of the bases in front of me but because they have xbows already built they are ranked higher.
    Look at the recommended target for your .5 during first minutes of the battle day.

If it's higher than your mirror, this is your real war weight, the one that used in matchmaking. It means you can have more defenses for free. Not having them makes the match easier for your opponent, because they were included in the formula during matchmaking.

Sure, it's more fun to keep your defensive weight low, because it gives you easier mirror, but your clan is paying for this, it isn't free.

Keep your defensive and offensive weights close, because matchmaking uses higher of the two (it was done to eradicate defenseless and minimax accounts from CW)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Look at the recommended target for your .5 during first minutes of the battle day.
    I'm a 9.5 with max golems and wiz, level 32 heroes, and number 6 on our war map. The tens above me have up to level 3 infernos and more maxed troops, but much smaller heroes. Actually checked with them last war to see the recommended target for each and...every single 10's was #3. So...what does that say?