Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The case of Paradox and The Master Plan

The case of Paradox and The Master Plan

Chief Paradox started playing Clash of Clans in early December 2013 and, like all newcomers to the game, had much to learn. Upgrades and moving to the next level were fun, but little planning or strategy were necessary. Paradox joined a clan and enjoyed the social aspect as well. TH3 came and went. TH4 and 5 went past in the blink of an eye.

Then came TH6 and and some strategy was needed if Paradox were to be GOOD at the game as opposed to just moving along. The top players looked so menacing and one day Paradox wanted to compete with them. A MASTER PLAN was needed. People were asked, research was done, and observation was an every day occurrence. A decision was made and THE MASTER PLAN was set. Every TH level would be maxed (not the "max" that many claim - but true, 100% max- to reach a point at which no more improvement can occur). TH outside seems to be key to getting a shield cheap and keeping the loot safe.

TH7 the Dark Elixir issues arose (no Zapping for Paradox, as that was counter to becoming proficient) as there was no drill in those days. But Paradox persevered and made it. TH8 was next and finishing all the skulls became the bottleneck. But, again, Paradox doggedly persued the goal. Soon enough came the REAL challenge - Max9. Hundreds of millions in loot would be needed. A YEAR of doing heroes would become necessary. No problem. Persist. Follow the MASTER PLAN because certainly the rules will be the same when when we get there. Paradox remembered to keep eyes on the goal of competing with the big boys one day.

SuperCell changed a few things. Paradox remembers being smashed by the Bullies, but this was no issue because each TH upgrade allowed Paradox to become a bully. Matchmaking changed to make this harder, but still not an issue because Paradox is getting strong enough to move up in leagues and make more per raid. TH sniping was never a part of the Master Plan and was ignored as a farming method (opportune snipes, notwithstanding).

Because it would be 50 hero upgrades, and warring without heroes is a no-no with our clan, most wars were missed. "It is OK", thought Paradox, "It will all be worth it one day. CERTAINLY, SC will not change the rules enough to ruin a 2+ year Master Plan. Another year to finish 9 and being strong is worth it". Paradox was willing to put off the lure of instant gratification.

The Master Plan was working. A year went by with a Comatose Hero most of the time. SOON, Paradox would be a TH10 and could begin the upgrades that would allow competition with the Big Boys. 2 years of fun and keeping the goal in site. GOAL of max9 reached - the very...last...wall fragment...DONE! NOW, time to begin the End Game of the Mater Plan and do the same for TH10. The next day......

Sneak Peeks and possible unraveling of the MASTER PLAN .

Last edited by morriea; December 19th, 2015 at 08:01 PM.

looking forward to the next post

Town Hall 10- Gold Grab 830m
    My idea for the loot system
    forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/426545-Just-a-thought
    Level 131
    Level 9 Walls: 223 lvl10:52
    My Record :3538

10char

Same here... Except I have to finish those lava walls and heroes, and I can't miss a war as I am the leader and highest ranked member of the clan lol.
    Experience is a terrible school teacher. You've got to pass the test first, then you get the lesson.

A new idea for war oriented players : Constructive-Changes-for-Those-Only-Interested-in-War

Very well put

Banned
    Lovely base. Sexual. My Th9 dreams of growing up like this.

Glorious.

Currently...using in war and Clan Donation Repository (base designed to give away useless gold to those in need). I am now waiting to decide if 10 is in the future. No hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDefianceAlliance View Post
    Lovely base. Sexual. My Th9 dreams of growing up like this.

Glorious.
    Thank you. I will respect your silence due to state of the Forums.

Thanks Would read again.

Same story as me, it was such a grind only using hero(s) for 2 war attacks per week for so damn long. Burning through gems to wake them up a few hours early. Luckily for me I went th10 a few months before the update, so have managed to get her to 36. The last 4 is going to take ages now though.

This makes me sad. I have some probably misplaced hope that SC will looks for some fixes starting tomorrow when they get back from holidays.
    While pushing such a game changing update right before a break with only two weeks of warning as to major overhauls in gameplay was a dumb move, they still can make moves to appease their largely unsettled customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Strongly recommend TH 1.5. Don't build your cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreidesduke View Post
    On a point of order...why is every tactic employed in Boom Beach "cheap". Every single tactic is in fact free.