Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: war weights have been altered, hitting down a th penalty 20%

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    It doesn't include anything. When someone attacks your base, wait till it's over. Watch the replay. The amount that you see as your available loot is your war weight, period. The only time that changes is if a TH above you attacks you. When our completely maxed out TH10 gets hit, it says 100k. When I get hit, it says 91k. That's your weight.
    oh, I see what you were saying, I thought you meant loot on offer. I believe it will say 90 from now on on that max th10. as has been covered in posts here over the last day or two, max th9 appears to be 70 now, and max th10 appears to be 90, presumably so max th11 can be 100.

But in any case, its still way simpler to just simply add up 4 storages and 1 town hall, takes about 3 seconds, no waiting for attacks.

Banned
    Well max th10s being 90 while max th11s are 110 makes sense. The new defense will not be counted so much (maybe as 1 inferno) as it is rather weak, but there is one xbows, archer tower, cannon and wizard tower and all wizard towers get one level.

The big question to me is what has been reduced so much if th9 upgrades add so few weight and th10 defenses add even less. I dont think they have reduced the weight of defense upgrades and having the xbows counting 5 less also makes no sense. Could it be that they simply use another algorithm of not adding up defenses, but have come up with a better algorithm to avoid players rushing their town halls building only selective defenses and traps like air defenses and giant bombs combined with walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    It doesn't include anything. When someone attacks your base, wait till it's over. Watch the replay. The amount that you see as your available loot is your war weight, period. The only time that changes is if a TH above you attacks you. When our completely maxed out TH10 gets hit, it says 100k. When I get hit, it says 91k. That's your weight.
    Doing the math makes it simple to grasp. I was attacked in war today by a TH11, and his loot offer was 69,600, but my new war weight is 87. That's a 20% loot penalty for attacking 1 TH below. It's just as easy to look in 1 gold storage (assuming that all your storages are the same level) and multiply by that number + the available gold in your TH.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbob View Post
    its the same as it always was, add up storages + town hall, the old fast version was storagex4+1, now its storagex5, assuming all storages are maxed for the th level.
    Thanks, just wanted to be sure it's x5 now.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by andrgin View Post
    Well max th10s being 90 while max th11s are 110 makes sense. The new defense will not be counted so much (maybe as 1 inferno) as it is rather weak, but there is one xbows, archer tower, cannon and wizard tower and all wizard towers get one level.

The big question to me is what has been reduced so much if th9 upgrades add so few weight and th10 defenses add even less. I dont think they have reduced the weight of defense upgrades and having the xbows counting 5 less also makes no sense. Could it be that they simply use another algorithm of not adding up defenses, but have come up with a better algorithm to avoid players rushing their town halls building only selective defenses and traps like air defenses and giant bombs combined with walls?
    They have simply changed the weighting of some structures/upgrades available at th9 and th10.

Contrary to common belief, weight has never been a purely linear function of defense/upgrades-by-structure*...your 4th structure of some defenses are worth a different amount than your 2nd, some things have no weight at all, and some things are in inclusive groups so that if you have any one of them, you will have the group weight.

That things were not purely linear was very easy to see preupdate by comparing a new base (weight 1k), max th6 (weight 30k) and properly constructing a 58k weight base that disproves linearity [has well more than twice the structures at much higher levels which you can then measure independently on separate bases]**.

It is very easy to see that linearity does not exist now since they have shrunk the weights of TH9 and TH10, but kept lower ths the same....you can't do that like they have [check the weights of you .5's who've built new structures but no upgrades] if weights are linear in structures/upgrades since you are building more of the same structures in th9 and 10 that you built at lower ths.

*incidentally, this and not rounding, or offensive influence, or random building influence, is why no one ever seems to come to a consensus about the weight of a particular defensive structure...and why all the spreadsheets/systems that assume linearity fail especially the further away from the weight locations of the bulk of source data we get. Why did everyone start off assuming that the formula is "add weight w per magma wall" instead of "add weight x_1 if more than y_1 magma walls" and "add weight x_2 if more than y_2 magma walls" etc...the latter is a much weaker assumption and thus any any model using it to derive war weights will have results as least as strong if not far stronger...observations are not something we lack, we get 10-50 per war, we don't need to make strong assumptions like linearity to make our data relevant.

**adjusting this experiment by a cannon was necessary iirc, but same idea
    Last edited by bactgudz; December 12th, 2015 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah weird weights now. TH9s are much closer to th10s it seems and early bases closer to maxed bases. Wonder if this is to stop .5s??
    Last edited by Micker99; December 12th, 2015 at 08:01 PM.

If they are trying to rebalance things weight wise that's great, but it's having quite a significant war loot impact.

Not sure if that's intended but I don't like that one bit. War loots already on the light side, it does not need a nerf. If anything needs a buff, especially DE.
    Last edited by daz258; December 12th, 2015 at 10:58 PM.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daz258 View Post
    If they are trying to rebalance things weight wise that's great, but it's having quite a significant war loot impact.

Not sure if that's intended but I don't like that one bit. War loots already on the light side, it does not need a nerf. If anything needs a buff, especially DE.
    Indeed... its quite a negative impact.

Does anybody know what the weight of a max th11 is yet? I'd heard 110k somewhere or other, but if max th10 is now 90, then the eagle + warden + xbow, wt, at, cannon don't seem to equal 20k...

In any case, we re-tested weights of xbows and infero on 2 bases this war

inferno - (old on this base) 65-69, (new on identical base) 62-65
    xbow - (old) 55-57 (new) 55-56, old (55-58) new (55-57)

The difference is not just the weight of inferno and xbow, its any base lieing in the 55+ th9/th10 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbob View Post
    Indeed... its quite a negative impact.

Does anybody know what the weight of a max th11 is yet? I'd heard 110k somewhere or other, but if max th10 is now 90, then the eagle + warden + xbow, wt, at, cannon don't seem to equal 20k...

In any case, we re-tested weights of xbows and infero on 2 bases this war

inferno - (old on this base) 65-69, (new on identical base) 62-65
    xbow - (old) 55-57 (new) 55-56, old (55-58) new (55-57)

The difference is not just the weight of inferno and xbow, its any base lieing in the 55+ th9/th10 range.
    One of the sneak peaks said max war loot is now 660k. Divide by 6 that must mean 110 weight at max.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

War weights have definitely changed!

TownHall Pre-update Post-update
    9 63000 51400
    9 59000 49800
    9 58000 46600
    8 55000 42250