Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

[TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

Dovahkiin, TH7 anti-dragon war base.

"Skyrim legend tells of a hero known as the Dovahkiin (Dragonborn),
    a warrior with the body of a mortal and soul of a dragon,
    whose destiny it is to destroy the evil dragon Alduin."
    More on the name on Skyrim wiki

Original outdated 2AD first post is moved here

There are TH7 prototypes for 3 AD >>here<<

Latest revision is >>here<<
    (6.08.2016)

Stats are here

Also, if you don't mind a bit of engineering, or just going to TH8, I strongly recommend using TH7.1 version below. With 3 lvl6 ADs it's pretty good against zapquakes.
    On my mini, I went straight to TH7.1 after maxing TH6, and it helped my clan tremendously.

Table of Contents
    I. Introduction
    II. The Base
    III. Mechanics / Concepts
    IV. Pros / Cons
    V. Conclusion
    VI. Logs
    VII. The Final Test
    VIII. Future

I. Introduction
    II. The Base
    III. Mechanics / Concepts
    IV. Logs
    VI. Pros / Cons
    VII. Conclusion
    VIII. Future
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; August 6th, 2016 at 08:44 PM.

This is TH7.1 version of Dovahkiin.

What is 7.1? It's TH8 with only traps and storages added, nothing else. Get your ADs to 666 asap, but leave all other defenses at TH7 level. The idea is to ease transition from TH7 to TH8 by keeping your war weight at the TH7 level, while working on your offense, and leveling non-defensive buildings such as storages and barracks.

Is it perfect? No! It was designed in 15 minutes, because one of our elders let the spy in on the very end of prep day. I had 40 minutes to redesign 2 bases. I see some minor and major mistakes. But I have reasons to not touch anything.

Does it work?
    Hell yeah!
    Suffice it to say that it wasn't EVER 3-starred by dragons over the course of 20+ wars.
    It is regularly hit by maxed TH8 zapquakes, but it is literally immune to dragons.
    It's "GoWiPe or ♥♥♥♥" kind of base.

Here are few examples where it won wars for us that would otherwise resulted in a draw. We have all kinds of maxed out anti-3 at the top, everyone was 3-starred, but the base with war weight of a TH7 saved the day.

1) 8 attacks on two bases, still undefeated at the end of the match.

2) 8 attacks on one base, still undefeated

Base:

Last edited by rhymquimghyf; February 19th, 2016 at 06:44 PM.

JOIN SMIRK NATION: https://discord.gg/uzaexnT
    I applaud you. Amazing work!
    Luigi number one!
    Click the sigpic * Avi/Sigpic made by kartikeya2010
    If you need to send a PM, send a friend request. Otherwise, use VMs. TYSM!

Pro Member

Base DESIGN seems decent...Few problems

The base design looks decent, but, frankly denoting, the base mechanics doesn't seem to be that Outrageous. You haven't used the storages as meatshields, The cc is Compromised completely, No proper Building placement has been done. Though, the logs seem to be Satisfactory to the original post, still, The attackers must be BIGGEST NOOBS cause the base can get 3* ed easily with lvl2 dragons, lightning spells and balloons from the Western and the Northern part.

RED: Improper trap placement, BIGGEST MISTAKE IN THE DESIGN.....Try to spread those TRAPS a bit. The Tesla's don't seem to be a problem with someone who's smart enough.

DARK BLUE: The colour shows the 95℅ chance of getting 3* ed by ground and Air troops both. Only, the cc has to be switched with the Tesla's already popping cuz they Pop out after deploying a few troops automatically.

GREEN: Improper Junctions mate, Pay a bit focus on them. Wall breakers would kill half of the wall skeleton.

LIGHT BLUE: Bad storage buffering, the storages should be evenly spread, 99.99℅ chances are that a Noob who's a bit smart wouldn't attack from this side.

Hope you understood my Concern, The base is well thought, but, Try to imply the calculations behind the mechanics. Good job bro!!

I must admit, I was really looking forward to seeing this base design, specially after you told about the war against the 1man engineered clan. It looks nothing like I had imagined, nice work! We all know all TH7 are vulnerable to mass dragons and lightnings, hence the need of some trickery to fool our opponents.

Just some questions. In average, how many dragons remained alive at the end for the attackers who managed to 3star the base? How many people that insisted in attacking from the storages side 3star this base?

Great base design been using it for weeks not trickery definitely gets people to fail on this at least once a war almost.
    Chosen Gods|Town Hall 10.5|Level 185|War Hero - 1664|Legends

I will try this base out on my mini account and let you know how well it works.

Guys, it needs to be rotated to make it into southern teaser. People like to attack from the south. Can anyone do it and provide me with a picture? I will update 1st post
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; November 29th, 2015 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightK View Post
    I must admit, I was really looking forward to seeing this base design, specially after you told about the war against the 1man engineered clan. It looks nothing like I had imagined, nice work! We all know all TH7 are vulnerable to mass dragons and lightnings, hence the need of some trickery to fool our opponents.

Just some questions. In average, how many dragons remained alive at the end for the attackers who managed to 3star the base? How many people that insisted in attacking from the storages side 3star this base?
    If the person knows how to cut the circle and funnel dragons, brave enough to violate textbook rule and go AGAINST air sweeper, it's all over under 2 minutes, very easy 3 star.

But most people do it by the book ("Destroy higher level AD with lightnings. Do not attack against air sweeper if given a choice")

Even flawless attacks on the trapped side have good chance to fail. In the "final test", first two attempts were made on the side with storages, third one (successful) on the air sweeper.

Bad attacks on the air sweeper side have a decent chance to fail too, but sometimes can succeed (and this is painful to watch). On average, we saw 80-90% win rate against weak clans, 20% win rate against strong clans.

This base needs to be rotated 180˚ (to make it into souther teaser) to improve percentage of wins against bad attackers even more.

Can't do it myself, not TH7 anymore.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; December 9th, 2015 at 12:02 AM.

Gah, edit your post instead of multi posting . I'll tilt the base 180 degrees sometime today.
    Chosen Gods|Town Hall 10.5|Level 185|War Hero - 1664|Legends