Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

Got 3* by 27 level 1 hogs and 4 level 4 in cc, 3 level 2 healing spells, 30 archers. Dropped hogs in se corner(same spot where killed dragon with archers) they went counter clockwise about 90 degrees and then shot into center, GB only got one or two at a time.

Looked really easy, lure cc, kill with archers, drop hogs in one spot, then go to the fridge for a cold one and come back for three stars.
    Last edited by BeTheSquirrel; February 22nd, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    We failed to clear 1 enemy TH7 - this base.
    I got 1 star, guy with dragons3 tried to do cleanup after me and got 2 stars. Interesting base.
    Salutations mate! Can you please elaborate on that base a little more ? Like where it had teslas, air trap/bomb and DGB ?

Also, as a fresh TH7 (I'm 5 days in and only buidling offense atm) can you point me to your post where you have the layout for your TH7 Dovahkiin ?

Centennial Club
    Worked like a charm. He used the classic "105" or whatever "Dragoon" attack, and he couldn't finish it.

welp, just had 7.1 get 3-starred by drags with cc bloons. attacked across the northwest and used haste to get into the core.
    Last edited by cfoot; March 1st, 2016 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfoot View Post
    welp, just had 7.1 get 3-starred by drags with cc bloons. used haste to get into the core.
    Meaning the attacker was probably a TH8 with level 3 drags since he had a cc haste. Your base can't handle that.
    IGN: Baby Kendle
    LINE ID: babykendle
    YouTube Channel (80k+ subs): Past Amazing

So you guys are probably wondering "Is this Dovahkiin base any good?"

Let's look at the numbers (big thanks to warmatch.us!)

But first, let's have a look on another TH7 war base.
    It is here just for comparison, to give you the idea what clans we are facing, and how they are performing against traditional TH7 base.

It is an internet base, built using textbook approach - sweeper covers all 3 AD(almost), ADs protected by storages and high HP buildings. Not the worst base in the world, really. Good trap locations.
    It is our second TH7, near maxed, 3 lvl5 ADs.

The base
    https://imgur.com/XPmBq0K

Internet base
    Stats (Димон)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2655
    All attacks in one big picture

Wars on record: 14
    Attacked: 15 times
    3-starred: 15 times (107% fail rate, 100% fresh hits).
    Average attacks to 3-star: 1
    Average drop to 3-star: 0.9 (it means this base was almost always 3-starred by it's mirror)

Dovahkiin 7
    Base
    https://imgur.com/D2o4U73

Stats (Kot)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2660

Wars on record: 5 so far
    Attacked: 11 times
    3-starred: 2 times (18% fail rate, 0% fresh hits)
    Average attacks to 3-star: 5.5
    Average drop to 3-star: 3.5

Dovahkiin 7.1 (TH8 with no new defenses built or upgraded, just ADs lvl6, traps and storages)
    Please note that this base was never 3-starred by dragons (at least I'm not aware of such incident), so you can read "fail rate" as "GoWiPe rate"

Stats (Soldier)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2666

Wars on record: 17 (78 total, ~50 of them with this base)
    Attacked: 24 times.
    3-starred: 5 times (21% fail rate, 12% fresh hits)
    Average attacks to 3star: 4.8
    Average drop to 3-star: 3.4

Stats (Hedin)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2680

Wars on record: 11
    Attacked 9 times
    3starred 0 times (0% fail rate)
    Average attacks to 3star: 10+

Stats (Мирон)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2669 (he built extra tesla and extra AT, and it's not working in his favor)

Wars on record: 13
    Attacked: 16 times
    3starred: 2 times (12% fail rate, 0% fresh hits)
    Average attacks to 3star: 8

Stats (Barbarcher)
    http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2663 (still has 2 lvl5 ADs and not all storages)

Wars on record: 10
    Attacked: 17
    3starred: 3 (18% fail rate, 6% fresh hits)
    Average attacks to 3star: 5.6
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 2nd, 2016 at 09:38 AM.

welp, just had 7.1 get 3-starred by drags with cc bloons. attacked across the northwest and used haste to get into the core.
    Whoa, I missed that.

Can you post a screenshot of your base? What level are your ADs?

I knew that this will eventually happen, but thought that it will be in my clan, since we use so many of those bases.

Quote Originally Posted by jlam2 View Post
    Meaning the attacker was probably a TH8 with level 3 drags since he had a cc haste. Your base can't handle that.
    Th7.1 handled many (I don't know, 30? 40?) maxed TH8 zapquakes just fine. The key is to have lvl6 ADs.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 2nd, 2016 at 02:57 AM.

Okay I have good news. Your TH7.1 record against drag attacks hasn't been tarnished. I just realized I had the left AD misplaced (right next to Archers instead of sticking out one spot) so technically it wasn't the true TH7.1 layout

Also my left gold storage was the lowest level of the three, and a drag definitely ignored it to go towards the core. I should have had the higher level one there.

ADs are level 6. Their drags were level 3.
    Last edited by cfoot; March 2nd, 2016 at 04:35 PM.

Okay I have good news. Your TH7.1 record against drag attacks hasn't been tarnished. I just realized I had the left AD misplaced (right next to Archers instead of sticking out one spot) so technically it wasn't the true TH7.1 layout
    As much as I'd like to take that excuse, honestly I don't think misplacing AD in that way played major role. Maybe you got that one lucky attack that happens when stars align, maybe some buildings were underleveled, maybe both, but it happened - 7.1 got 3-starred by dragons. Alas.
    Still a good base though

Anyway, today I asked our best TH8 dragon attacker (85% 3star rate, 90% fresh hits) to install certain infamous app and 3star Soldier's TH7.1 with standard 105 zapquake.
    This is how it looks today - $42k defensive, ~$54k offensive weight (yeah, I know, I overstayed at TH7.1)

He used Dovahkiin7.1 for his transition to TH8 himself, he saw it attacked many times, so he is very familiar with it. He did a couple of attacks and did not succeeded. Defensive CC is drag4+wiz6.
    He said he'll try again tomorrow.

Also my left gold storage was the lowest level of the three, and a drag definitely ignored it to go towards the core.
    Level of storage has nothing to do with the pathing.
    Drag went to the core because 7.1 was designed long time ago in a rush, and has many errors (which I fixed in new TH7 version, hopefully), but I'm very happy with it's performance, so I decided not to change anything.

Finally had some time to post screenshots. CC defense was drag, wiz, archer.

Still happy with the base though. The TH7 version usually took multiple attempts to 3-star. This is only the third or fourth war where I've used 7.1 and the first time they got it on first try.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Level of storage has nothing to do with the pathing.
    Ah okay I thought maybe they took building hitpoints or level into consideration when deciding what to attack next. Still got much to learn.
    Last edited by cfoot; March 3rd, 2016 at 12:37 AM.