Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

What do you like using for the clan castle troops nowadays? I've been debating trying out baby dragon + valk or wizards
    Last edited by cfoot; August 3rd, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

I'm still not sure.

In context of this base, Dragons make short work of Baby Dragon, so it's essentially useless, but I've seen GiWi raids destroyed by BD+Valk. Wizards are good, but they die from a single puff, so they make more sense on a TH8, where nothing else will survive single puff due to rage, so you want to deliver as much damage as you can before it happened. Max level dragon is still the best anti-dragon CC at TH7, in my opinion, but any GiWi attacker will take it out easily.

So, if you want maximum anti-Dragon, it's Dragon or Wizards. If you want a (slim) chance at stopping a GiWi, BD+Valk is a good choice.
    As for other bases, no one will use GiWi on a TH7, so it makes sense to use Wizards or Dragon.

On TH8, I've seen some good results against Dragons with all-wizard or 4xWiz+minion+archers CC.

As for the ground attacks, there are 4 cases:

Lure + poison (GoHo, Mass Hog)
    Any CC is useless. Level4 Poison alone will kill BD3 and Valk5, although many people might have troubles keeping them in the spell area, forcing a second poison.
    Your best bet is to have hard-to-lure CC filled with archers and 1 wiz.

No lure + Poison (GoWiPe, GoHo)
    Any CC is useless, although you may get some value of Wizards (1 volley) and high HP units like BD+Valk, or dragon, or loons.

Lure without poison (EQ GoVaLo, EQ GoVaHo, EQ GoWiPe, EQ GoWiVa)
    This is where BD+Valk shines - there are no cheap ways to kill them in the corner, forcing a Golem trade-off. 3xValk is very good too.

No Lure without Poison (EQ GoVaLo, EQ GoVaHo, EQ GoWiPe, EQ GoWiVa)
    This is a very popular option. You can get good value of your CC troops, or, in case of sloppy entry (no wizards, too few wizards, late wizards) - ruin the raid.
    Due to the prevalence of Va in this strategies, you'll want flying units: Dragon, baby Dragon, Balloons. Wizards are great too - if you have shallow CC, they can destroy Golem before enemy wizards/Valks have a chance to strike back.

Wow the latest war had five defenses and nobody was able to three star it. We weren't up against the best attackers, but that seems to be where the base really shines heh

Decided to try out baby dragon + wizards. Not that great when it went up against the dragons, but they did do well against cc balloons. I guess a normal dragon would do well against balloons too though :P

Cheers
    Last edited by cfoot; August 5th, 2016 at 02:09 PM.

Moved SAM back to it's previous place to decrease the chance of Balloons triggering it.

Base

Scout view

Some thoughts:

1) Maybe we should replace center AD with WT to counter balloons better? 48 dps vs 20 DPS. If there are less than 3 balloons alive, AT would be better. Plus, it has longer range, so it can engage balloons earlier. And finally, in current configuration loons must kill WT on their way to the center, so they come damaged anyway.

2) Maybe we should replace ATs with a proper DGB, like it is done here? Too many Hog attacks these days. The downside is that it makes the base more vulnerable to CC loons.

3) Maybe we can change wall skeleton to discourage GiWi without breaking the anti-dragon ring? I see much more GiWi attacks on this base than 3 months ago.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; August 6th, 2016 at 08:50 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Is there supposed to be a small spawnable area between the right cannon/mine/camp? Mine seems to have one when attempting to copy

Quote Originally Posted by knpstrr View Post
    Is there supposed to be a small spawnable area between the right cannon/mine/camp? Mine seems to have one when attempting to copy
    Yep. It's useless to the attacker anyway.

Fresh Spawn
    thank you just wanted to verify

Nice experimenting with central AT.

Just thought I'd give my two cents on this base. I started using it after my own attempt at creating an anti-three star base lead to 'meh' results.

So far, it's performed extremely well. If I'm only counting TH7 attacks, then I'd estimate that it's running at at least a 60-70% success rate (ie, only 30-40% of the attacks successfully three star it); and that's being conservative, I think. Generally speaking, a TH8 is required to use an attack on it.

So, great job on the design. I'm going to have to take another read through your mechanics section to see what lessons I can learn from it.
    Last edited by FarmerGroo; September 2nd, 2016 at 04:21 PM.

This base never gets old. Amazing. 5 minutes ago: