Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    First post has big red link to TH7 version.
    Thank you for a great AntiDRAGON BASE! I'm new to this game, just made it to TH7 (10 days or so now) and your base worked like a charm in our first War Win (the enemy made only 8 attacks so it made things easy for us).

Just a replay to see how an unsuspecting attacker would fail attacks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jR27icC0Ro

Have fun mate, if you want me to keep posting reaplys, leave a message.

Fresh Spawn
    I tried the TH7 version out for current war after reading through all the posts. It was 3 stared by dragons/balloons/3 x lighting spell quite easy first time by another TH7

Quote Originally Posted by haela View Post
    I tried the TH7 version out for current war after reading through all the posts. It was 3 stared by dragons/balloons/3 x lighting spell quite easy first time by another TH7
    Yeah, sometimes it gets 3-starred on the first try, sometimes it's not.
    Sometimes even bad attackers will 3-star it by accident (I tried to fix it in a new unpublished version. I want to test it first)

Last CW, both DV7 were 3-starred by enemy TH7s on first try.

Current CW: This is from attack that happened an hour ago.

1) He uses his King and 2 single dragons to create funnel

2) Clearing out trash buildings

3) Time to deploy last 4 dragons in the center. Looking good!

4) Awesome! Solid funnel, dragons are dead center.

5) Boom zero stars

After that it was attacked by TH8 for 2 stars.

Point is, it's not a base that will stop every dragon attack, but I'm yet to see another TH7 base that comes close in terms of failed attacks per 3star ratio. This base offers plenty of opportunities to screw up, if attacker makes a mistake.

Had my 7.1 3starred in my last war by lvl 3 drags and max loons in Clan castle.. Will post logs when I get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by aaron1450 View Post
    Had my 7.1 3starred in my last war by lvl 3 drags and max loons in Clan castle.. Will post logs when I get a chance
    There is no need, we got a series of 3-stars from NW side too.

It should be reworked, but there is too much going on right now, so I don't know when I'll have time for this, if ever.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 14th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

Trainee
    I got 3Starred yesterday too, I'm using the TH7 version as I'm a TH7 myself.

Got attacked by another TH7 that used 19 Hogs lvl2, 5 Dragons lvl 2. The hogs were deployed so that they would follow the North-East and North-West route in two batches, they completely destroyed the ADs, Towers and Teslas in the middle (he also used 2 heal spells). Three traps were sprung but after the 1st 2 ADs were down.

Too bad I didn't see this patch coming, the replay is not available anymore.

This base offers plenty of opportunities to screw up, if attacker makes a mistake.
    Met my design in CW for the first time (very old version with cornered teslas). Of course I knew how to crack it, so I immediately attacked it with dragons.
    Mistimed my dragons by 2 seconds and got 1 star. It's kinda embarrassing and hilarious at the same time.

This is the version I'm testing now. Spent all extra buildings to discourage attacks from SE. Probably not the best SAM location. I just want to see where most attacks will come from in this configuration before making any further adjustments.

Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 24th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    My 7.1 just got crushed by a guy with level 2 dragons. He brought dragons in from the bottom left, used two heals and a rage once they got in the core, and they had absolutely no trouble whatsoever. He was left with 6 dragons at the end of the attack. The dragons the top two ADs were attacking wound up drifting into the outer area and the other dragons just cleaned up shop. My ADs are 655, not 666, but I don't think it mattered much. I didn't expect to be so easily flattened by level 2 dragons.

Here's a link to images (couldn't figure out how to embed): http://imgur.com/a/dtdYU
    Last edited by Eboat; April 1st, 2016 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboat View Post
    My 7.1 just got crushed by a guy with level 2 dragons. He brought dragons in from the bottom left, used two heals and a rage once they got in the core, and they had absolutely no trouble whatsoever. He was left with 6 dragons at the end of the attack. The dragons the top two ADs were attacking wound up drifting into the outer area and the other dragons just cleaned up shop. My ADs are 655, not 666, but I don't think it mattered much. I didn't expect to be so easily flattened by level 2 dragons.

Here's a link to images (couldn't figure out how to embed): http://imgur.com/a/dtdYU
    Looks like he did exactly that:

If I'd be attacking this base, I'd do this:

You cut two corners with sacrificial drags (there is not much DPS there, and no AD coverage, unlike all other sides), than you triple rage rest of your dragons into the core. 4 tile moat works both ways, you know
    Luckily, nobody did that so far.
    That's the weakness of the base, he saw and exploited it.
    He deserved 3 stars.

7.1 is a sloppy design, I did it in a rush, it proved itself to be "good enough", so I never changed anything. If memory serves me well, we had 3-4 wins by 1 star thanks to it.

Current TH7 version is much more polished and thought-out. It gets 3starred by drags regularly, but I'm yet to see any TH7 base that comes close by the "attacks per 3-star" ratio.

P.S. Get those ADs to level6 asap, the difference is well worth it (more than 20% dps increase per AD, that's like bringing 8 dragons instead of 10)
    It is a good idea to max Teslas too.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; April 1st, 2016 at 08:57 PM.

We matched level 8 clan with win streak of 13

We warred with 3 TH9, 16 TH8, 13 TH7.
    They had maxed TH10 which we 0-starred. We also missed a star on a TH9.
    They used all attacks they had. It was hard war.
    We won by 2 stars

Guess what base held 1 of these 2 deciding stars.

No other TH7 or low TH8 survived.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; April 5th, 2016 at 05:32 PM.