Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

Quote Originally Posted by cfoot View Post
    Finally had some time to post screenshots. CC defense was drag, wiz, archer.
    Thanks, very helpful.
    West corner is faulty and needs to be reworked. I'll see what I can do.

Also, if you can afford a bit of extra weight, I recommend maxing Air Sweeper and adding level or two for the Teslas, they are crucial for defending against loons.

P.S. I got an update from clanmate I mentioned in my previous post. After a bit of practicing he figured out the magic formula to reliably 3-star 7.1 with zapquake:
    -spend 5 dragons on funneling
    -wait
    -wait
    -really, just wait, have some patience dаmmit!
    -release 5 dragons and loons directly into the core and rage them.

Using this formula he 3-starred the base from all possible attack directions.
    P.P.S And he 3starred maxed out Rorke's Drift on second try. Yet to see it happen in the real war though.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 3rd, 2016 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Also, if you can afford a bit of extra weight, I recommend maxing Air Sweeper and adding level or two for the Teslas, they are crucial for defending against loons.
    Oh good I was wondering when I should upgrade those. Will work on them asap now. Thanks

Just got demolished by spells. They put three level 5 lightnings between the two ADs to kill one and a quake finished off the 2nd one.

Last edited by cfoot; March 4th, 2016 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cfoot View Post
    Just got demolished by spells. They put three level 5 lightnings between the two ADs to kill one and a quake finished off the 2nd one.
    Didn't even knew that was possible. You are getting some creative attackers out there!

I checked replays for west corner, dragons going counter-clockwise will not path to the core as long as army camp wasn't destroyed beforehand (which happens if attack comes from NW)
    Overally, W/NW side is the weakest, but I don't see how I can easily fix that without compromising other sides.

--

This is how our current CW develops.
    Everyone below real TH8 was 3starred on first attempt, except for the 2 DV7 and 4 DV7.1 bases, of which none 3starred yet. I didn't realised that we have so many of them now. Some with lvl3 ADs, some have mistakes, some have extra TH8 defenses built...

Logs: http://imgur.com/a/rw1KY

Hedin wasn't attacked yet, but it's our heaviest DV 7.1 base, all defenses maxed, black wall. Still sitting below early TH8s, which is ridiculous.

Here is his full record for past 20 days. Green numbers are people dropping down x places.

http://warmatch.us/clans/member/2680

Seems like we are getting a lot of bad clans this month.

Update: the war has ended
    TH7.1
    attacks: 8
    3starred: 0/4

TH7
    attacks: 4
    3starred: 1/2
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 4th, 2016 at 05:22 PM.

So, after almost 3 months, it happened.

NW side, delayed deployment.

Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 7th, 2016 at 09:16 AM.

Trainee

more than storages for 7.1?

I'm not sure if this was pointed out or not, because this thread is enormous and contains discussions about several different versions of this base, but, but the 7.1 image in the first post not only has two extra storages, it has the second dark barracks, elixir drill and spell factory. I was able to make a similar layout, but it eliminated all of the items along the edges. I'm not sure how crucial those are to the design. I have the 7 proto type set up as well and not sure which is really better.

I know the mortar moving across the base isn't optimal but honestly, no one attacks th7 on the ground anyway.
    Last edited by LittleMeow; March 7th, 2016 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added screenshot

Sorry for the confusion.
    For townhaww 7 you need this one. It's linked from the first post.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post6503983

TH7.1 is actually TH8 with a war weight of TH7 (no extra defenses built), hence the extra storages and other stuff.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; March 7th, 2016 at 09:59 PM.

Rhym when will you update the OP with the bases? It's hard going through all these pages trying to look for the base since there are so many versions and you update things a lot.
    IGN: Past Amazing
    Clan: Past Used By (#2GRCCP28)
    YouTube Channel (100k+ subs): Past Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jlam2 View Post
    Rhym when will you update the OP with the bases? It's hard going through all these pages trying to look for the base since there are so many versions and you update things a lot.
    First post has big red link to TH7 version.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    First post has big red link to TH7 version.
    This is all true. The reason I posted at all is that I haven't seen much discussion on the th7 bases and their viability vs the 7.1 version which is fairly different.

I guess what I was saying about the 7.1 is that the top post defines 7.1 as just the extra storages:
    "What is 7.1? It's TH8 with only traps and storages added, nothing else."

So I started in thinking I could build the base with just two extra storages to account for, but it turns out actually 5 significantly sized buildings which impacted the layout. My bad for not actually looking more closely at the picture before diving in.

It's at least a month before I'll be ready to go to th8 and it makes me cackle with glee to be on the bottom of the war roster and eat several attacks before getting 3-starred.