Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

Centennial Club
    I took a break from this base to help someone test another base. After a few disappointments, I'm back to this one! (it's that good).

The only thing I did was rearrange the traps in the core. I got mass hogged a few times using this base, so I rearranged the traps in the core to positions where hogs usually come in/travel to. I kind of decided that once troops get to the core, it's a "battle of attrition". I personally figured that I'd rather have equal trap placement to take out at least a few enemy troops so the rest of my defenses wouldn't have so much to work through, if that makes sense. This base is your "baby" though, so I'll definitely defer to you if you tell me these trap placements are bad.

Fix your east corner

P.S. I'm getting too many ground attacks, and they usually 3-star me. Maybe my extremely underleveled defenses attract them... Can't remember when I saw dragon last time.

On the other hand, my TH7.1 account is doing great. It was non-stop warring for the past 2.5 months, and it was never 3starred by zapquake.

Today I got hit with this:

Still trying to came up with the name for this strategy.

Oh, and if you think this is just a random pile of troops, you are wrong.
    Two hours later this guy attacked my clanmate with exactly same army
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; February 17th, 2016 at 01:23 PM.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Fix your east corner

P.S. I'm getting too many ground attacks, and they usually 3-star me. Maybe my extremely underleveled defenses attract them... Can't remember when I saw dragon last time.

On the other hand, my TH7.1 account is doing great. It was non-stop warring for the past 2.5 months, and it was never 3starred by zapquake.

Today I got hit with this:

Still trying to came up with the name for this strategy.

Oh, and if you think this is just a random pile of troops, you are wrong.
    Two hours later this guy attacked my clanmate with exactly same army

Hahaha, I think it is called Noah's Ark

Got 3* by Drags and loons

Previously got 3* by giants, wiz and healers combo, but this base was meant for AD.

In this war, got 3* again by drags and max loons in cc.

Screenshots:- http://imgur.com/a/rp5kI

Drags got inside from east corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxar6300 View Post
    Previously got 3* by giants, wiz and healers combo, but this base was meant for AD.

In this war, got 3* again by drags and max loons in cc.

Screenshots:- http://imgur.com/a/rp5kI

Drags got inside from east corner.
    Thank you for the feedback!

I noticed two things:
    1) you are using TH7.1 layout (TH8 townhall) on a TH7. I don't think this is a good idea, since you don't have all needed buildings and traps. Use this: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post6503983
    2) you got 3-starred by zapquake(TH8 attack). Even with drags2, this attack is powerful enough 3-star completely maxed TH8. TH7 don't have enough firepower to stop it.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; February 18th, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

Centennial Club
    i will try this layout soon...
    A P O L O G Y . A C C E P T E D
    T R U S T . D E N I E D

It worked, he atacked me with 10 dragons (lvl 2) and they never reached the core of the base, so i got only 2 stars. He is TH8 and im TH7 btw

Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!

I noticed two things:
    1) you are using TH7.1 layout (TH8 townhall) on a TH7. I don't think this is a good idea, since you don't have all needed buildings and traps. Use this: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post6503983
    2) you got 3-starred by zapquake(TH8 attack). Even with drags2, this attack is powerful enough 3-star completely maxed TH8. TH7 don't have enough firepower to stop it.
    Thanks for the feedback. I will try using your recommended base and post back the logs soon.

Just won a war by 1 star. Out of 10 our TH7s 2 weren't cleared - this base and a very spread out base covering whole map from edge to edge (it got 96% 2-star).

We failed to clear 1 enemy TH7 - this base.
    I got 1 star, guy with dragons3 tried to do cleanup after me and got 2 stars. Interesting base.

Solid base made, used your first original version and now with the update this is doing well, keep it up! Tempted to do 7.1 as well on my low account, but I dont want to have to build more .
    Chosen Gods|Town Hall 10.5|Level 165|War Hero - 1414|Titan 3
    Legacy Division|Level 14|Leader