Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 170

Thread: [TH7 War Base] Dovahkiin (anti-dragon, anti-3star)

  1. #91
    So I'm about to hit TH8 soon and am really looking forward to trying out 7.1, but I'm not familiar enough with the game to understand the war weight stuff. Which counts more... my home base or my war base? Like is it okay to add the new defenses to my home base as long as I don't add them to the war base?

  2. #92
    Any defense added to farm base needs to be added to war base. No choice.

    Don't worry about war weight unless you are a crazy war obsessed maniac. (Like the TH9 with lvl 1 walls I see in next queue). In general upgrade offense first. CC>spells>troops>storage>defense>Collectors

    TH 7.1 doesnt matter with 3 AD at TH 7 now. If you are getting pawned in wars by dragons Just keep upgrading AD, and use this base layout.

    Then post your war logs here for us to see.

  3. #93
    Millennial Club rhymquimghyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLion View Post
    War logs, took five attacks to clear my mini. Got barched by a TH9 essentially
    Much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeTheSquirrel View Post
    TH 7.1 doesnt matter with 3 AD at TH 7 now.
    It's not that simple.

    Every dragon attack against a well-built TH8 base is all about balance between dragons you spend to shape your funnel, and dragons that will wipe the core. If you don't use enough dragons for funneling, your strike force will stray off course. If you waste too many dragons on funneling, you'll run out of juice and won't get 3 stars.

    With TH7.1, there is no happy medium. Attacker either fails at funneling, or successfully funnels dragons into the core, but lacks the punch to wipe it.

    The reason why TH7.1 performs so well is that two AD 6 are much more deadly to dragons 3 than two AD 5 to dragons 2, plus extra storages, extra set of red mines and extra SAM help a lot.

    In short, TH7.1 with ADs 666 can reliably stop maxed zapquakes.
    TH7, on the other hand, can be 3-starred by dragons 2 if attacker knows what he's doing. The only question is how often.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; February 12th, 2016 at 03:52 AM.

  4. #94
    Millennial Club rhymquimghyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    I noticed a problem in the east corner of #1.1
    When moving counter-clockwise starting form SW side, some dragons may go to the core after destroying north gold storage.

    This should fix it:

    #1.11


    P.S. Only 1 attack in this CW, drags2+zap, 1 star.
    Last edited by rhymquimghyf; February 12th, 2016 at 01:02 PM.

  5. #95

    Testing DOVAHKIIN (ANTI-DRAGON, ANTI-3 STAR)

    First of all thank you for all your hard work and the beautiful base. It's one of very few that actually work for th7s. Previously I had been using the pre-update th7 version (2 ads) but now testing post update versions and here are some results.

    Used the latest version of DOVAHKIIN (1.1 at the time of war) and got 3 starred on the first attack by a th7 using all hogs (level1)




    I also made a revised version for my other th7 so all the bases wouldn't be alike - here are some defenses from it.





    In the 1st attack the hogs died before completing the 3 star. In the 2nd attack the attacker brought loons to cleanup after the core was down. In both of these attacks my Barbarian King (level 1) did great damage from his position near the townhall and prevented the 3 star by taking down all attacking troops in his range. Loons in the 2nd attack wasted time chasing him down even though he could not fight back he sure gave them a runaround. The 3rd attacker made a bee-line for the Barbarian King. This was a cleanup attack 3rd try so he had plenty of time to review and make an attack plan based on the previous fails. Will continue testing.
    Last edited by LittleThief; February 12th, 2016 at 03:16 PM.

  6. #96
    Millennial Club rhymquimghyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleThief View Post
    Used the latest version of DOVAHKIIN (1.1 at the time of war) and got 3 starred on the first attack by a th7 using all hogs (level1)
    Thank you for the feedback!

    #1 is not meant to defend from hogs, it's pure anti-dragon.
    I'm planning to try making antidrag+ahtihog variation (#2), but I want to finish #1 first, and see how it performs.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Thank you for the feedback!

    #1 is not meant to defend from hogs, it's pure anti-dragon.
    I'm planning to try making antidrag+ahtihog variation (#2), but I want to finish #1 first, and see how it performs.
    Yes we don't usually get th7s attacking with hogs, and I like Dovahkiin, it almost always defends well. Not going to change it as it's one of the best th7 bases. I'm going to try moving the gbs a bit on my revised version so they get the hogs going for the ads. Looking forward to your new versions as well and will keep testing.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by BeTheSquirrel View Post
    Any defense added to farm base needs to be added to war base. No choice.

    Don't worry about war weight unless you are a crazy war obsessed maniac. (Like the TH9 with lvl 1 walls I see in next queue). In general upgrade offense first. CC>spells>troops>storage>defense>Collectors

    TH 7.1 doesnt matter with 3 AD at TH 7 now. If you are getting pawned in wars by dragons Just keep upgrading AD, and use this base layout.

    Then post your war logs here for us to see.
    What do you mean "no choice" about adding new things to the war base? Like I just hit TH8 and bought some traps/storages. The war menu now has a red "!" icon on it, but I don't see it forcing me to add the new stuff to the war base.

    Are you saying that once I buy it for my home base, the weight is added to war weight and I might as well add in the new stuff?

    Ah ♥♥♥♥ I upgraded seven walls to level 8 so I wouldn't be sitting on a lot of excess gold. What have I doooooone?!
    Last edited by cfoot; February 15th, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

  9. #99
    Millennial Club rhymquimghyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoot View Post
    Are you saying that once I buy it for my home base, the weight is added to war weight and I might as well add in the new stuff?
    Yes, exactly.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymquimghyf View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    Thanks. Sorry if dumb question. I still got much to learn about this game.

    Still can't believe I spaced out and upgraded those walls. Hopefully should be okay if I don't keep upgrading more of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •