View Poll Results: Should Supercell add an option to move holiday obstacles to the base border?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need this feature implemented.

137 86.71%
  • No. This feature would break the game.

21 13.29%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Holiday Obstacles.

Trying to find a shovel to move my 2013 Christmas tree.

Moving Holiday Obstacles. [Petition]

** If you support this idea please write /signed**

I have been playing this great game since May 2013 and it's one that I always come back to. In that time I've received many special holiday obstacles which I love. I got the 2013 Christmas tree when I was a TH8 and was disappointed that they never spawned on the edge of my base but I worked around them. They were annoying where they were but it was manageable in most cases.

Now that Supercell has announced the release of TH11, they also feel as if the map size will need to be larger as well (makes sense most TH10 bases take up almost the entire map as it is). I'm very happy they decided to have this expansion. However, the issue is that my Christmas trees that I've been cultivating since 2013 will most definitely be getting in the way of building half way decent trophy bases. I don't want to cut them down seeing as how they show my long time dedication to the game. I also cannot easily progress to TH11 and continue my base designing passion if my Christmas trees are getting in the way of these designs.

Just because my tree is one tile off does not mean I, or any other player, should not get equal treatment and accommodations.

I propose a transplant option for Holiday obstacles. A one time placement edit for holiday obstacles that can even cost a few gems to move. I would happily spend gems to move my Christmas trees to the safety of the border but sadly Supercell hasn't given us that option yet.

Please Supercell, let us move our Holiday decorations that you spent time designing. Don't make us destroy them!

Some quotes from fellow supporters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jagrnaught View Post
    /signed

Glad I found this rather than trying to make my own thread. Moving consistently spawning obstacles bears no merit (OP would agree), but the limited time obstacles, no matter how much you try, can't end up where you'd ultimately like them. I also see this idea for the thousands of less serious players who will never come to these forums, that may wish for the same idea.

I see it as a premium feature though, worth some amount of gems (1-5?) to move it. Also, someone earlier mentioned make it one time only (per premium obstacle) which I would be fine with. My preference would be the ability to line them up in succession. My own CoC "I was there when..." timeline.

To this day I regret chopping my only 2012 tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by geomanic View Post
    I know the day will come when I am forced to chop down my 2012 xmas tree and it's going to be a sad day for me. I agree with your comment about the premium move feature, I suggested the use of extra elixir, like double, triple, whatever.

Really, think of the creativity we would be able to use when creating bases. Moving obstacles in no way, shape, or form will effect gameplay. Why not let us have a little more fun with the game?
    Last edited by Darktitan; January 11th, 2016 at 03:14 PM.

Moving Holiday Obstacles Petition
    Invidia Elite

I thought they were removing the ones that weren't attached to the edge or on the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondMinah View Post
    I thought they were removing the ones that weren't attached to the edge or on the edge?
    The ones that are on the edge or right next to it get to move. If they don't touch the border then they will stay where they are. My Christmas tree is 1 space away from the border. Lucky me!... not

Invidia Elite

Banned
    Retiring- If you have a clan you want me to visit before I do VM me!
    Best solution would be to move all obstacles 4 tiles to the side they are at, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashLegend02 View Post
    Best solution would be to move all obstacles 4 tiles to the side they are at, if that makes sense.
    I totally agree. I thought that was what was going to happen but alas, no.

Invidia Elite

I spent every holiday season running a decoration base to force my trees to the edge, I suffered crushing defeats on defense for weeks on end. I have been rewarded with my obstacles safely out of the way. Now you ask SC to give the ability to move them? Have my efforts been in vain? I highly doubt they will allow this to happen anyway, but if they do I say some serious compensation is called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I spent every holiday season running a decoration base to force my trees to the edge, I suffered crushing defeats on defense for weeks on end. I have been rewarded with my obstacles safely out of the way. Now you ask SC to give the ability to move them? Have my efforts been in vain? I highly doubt they will allow this to happen anyway, but if they do I say some serious compensation is called for.
    And I did the same as you. At least as best as a TH8 could. There are not enough buildings at TH8 to create a perfect decoration base. So it would seems my endeavors were in vain.

Invidia Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Darktitan View Post
    And I did the same as you. At least as best as a TH8 could. There are not enough buildings at TH8 to create a perfect decoration base. So it would seems my endeavors were in vain.
    What..

I was TH8 during both 2014 Halloween and Christmas, I had more than enough buildings & walls to make the best decoration base I could. Sure they weren't great, and like I said defense was a nightmare to behold, but in my mind the decorations I acquired were well worth the weeks of vulnerability. I'm not sure what TH8 you were using but with the current map size I'm pretty sure TH7's have enough buildings to fully cover the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    What..

I was TH8 during both 2014 Halloween and Christmas, I had more than enough buildings & walls to make the best decoration base I could. Sure they weren't great, and like I said defense was a nightmare to behold, but in my mind the decorations I acquired were well worth the weeks of vulnerability. I'm not sure what TH8 you were using but with the current map size I'm pretty sure TH7's have enough buildings to fully cover the map.
    First off there were more building in 2014 than there were in 2013. And second, I believe the object spawn rate increased from 2013 to 2014 making it easier for you to acquire said object.

Invidia Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Darktitan View Post
    First off there were more building in 2014 than there were in 2013. And second, I believe the object spawn rate increased from 2013 to 2014 making it easier for you to acquire said object.
    They didn't add all that many more buildings 2 or 3 if I remember correctly.. and as it's true the spawn rate was increased a cap was put on the objects; for instance the 2014 Christmas tree's only spawned 5 per player so long as your village met the right conditions (Less than 40 obstacles & room from them to spawn) so yeah..