Page 102 of 329 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3281

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Shield changes <-- discuss it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba061 View Post
    You are still thinking of how it will be with the mindset of how things work now. They can still devote minimal time because they don't need to worry about exposing their base more by attacking. I think too many people are getting carried away thinking they'll lose all their raidable loot all the time. When I was a TH8 I still got pummeled by 9s even with my TH in the corner. There are still changes to be announced yet. People fear change and the level of doom and gloom is reflective of that fear.
    You're kind of missing the point. They would periodically have their town hall sniped and lose 0 loot. This obviously would not happen every raid - I'm sure they often got steamrolled at times, but I can say with certainty that there were times when they got free shields. Now that will not happen, thus it's only reasonable to assume that they will now lose more loot than they did initially. For someone who raids a lot this will not be a big deal. For people who do not attack often, this will make things harder for them.

Therefore, progressing in this game will now be more difficult for them. Of course there are more announcements to come, and maybe this will not be the case after all. Given the limited information that we have though, and judging solely on today's announcement, this small portion of the update will make the game more frustrating for some casual gamers.

I hope that clarifies what I am saying. I am not trying to spread visions of this game being doomed, I am simply stating that this one announcement will not be a popular change for a lot of people and I'm hoping that the remainder of the update will balance it out so that we don't risk losing a percentage of the casual gamers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasthetrain View Post
    town halls means no star,,,

does this mean that the town hall has no meaning in wars?
    No one has said that getting the townhall doesn't mean no star. Yet.

Just no shield.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopstime98 View Post
    Huh? Nobody is worried about the attack aspect of farming...that's actually a positive. People who are worried are worried they won't be able to keep any of that loot with their TH out and cheap shielding.
    If you have a solid base you shouldnt get hit multiple times before receiving a shield. No way anyone should hit your base and not grant you a shield and if they dont i know they arent getting any loot. Its gonna take over 30% damage to get my goods. So im not worried about defending one bit. So what if i lose 200k in 1 raid? I get a shield and can make that back in one raid while still retaining my shield. No biggie

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasthetrain View Post
    town halls means no star,,,

does this mean that the town hall has no meaning in wars?
    No, you still get 1 star for the TH OR 50%, 2 stars for the TH AND 50% and 3 stars for 100%.

Pro Member
    Very interesting to see how this effects farming. I think these changes will NOT transfer to wars at all.

Not sure what to think yet. In one way I love the idea, because I can next next next and find a 500k raid and take it, or if I find nothing just stop and i STILL have a shield. I hated losing my shield for looking, but not fighting.

This will give us more loot to find, more bases available to attack, and make us think up new bases and such. I'm waiting for the "big picture" from more details, but so far I'm 50/50 on this.

Banned

lets bring back an old favorite

anyone else in favor of bringing back resource zapping now that they are removing TH sniping?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 4CH1LL3S View Post
    As I don't want to read through 96+ pages, I'll ask my question, but I would really like a response.

Now, you don't get a star for destroying the TH (I do understand the 'problems' of farming), but what is the sense of protecting the TH then!? I mean, it only will be a tank where the attacker will struggle to get through. And they give is the new defense which also is 4x4, so TH11 players will just have to place the TH out or something and place the new OP defense right in the super-duper-protected area where the TH originally standed...

Also, doesn't this mean bases will change a lot? Atm, bases are designed so that the TH is the best protected building of the entire village, now everyone would just build bases that... Yeah you know what I mean? There will not be a buiding anymore which will be as important as the TH ever was.

This does also mean that strategies like barch will be much more handy! If it only takes you 30% to win the battle, you even will not have to deploy your whole army.

(Btw I think missed something there, how will the stars be divided?)
    hehe, I just realized something, the stars still be: TH-50%-100% right? So the shields and the stars will be separated from each other?

Thanks for reading and (not) answering

~ Achilles
    Unless stated in a further sneak peak we can only assume the star awards ceremony remains the same, which does explain the comment "leaving the th out to get sniped is an incredibly stupid idea" in the announcement thread.

I'm pretty sure the star system stays the same: 1 star for 50%, 1 star for th, and 3 for 100%

Thus being it makes sense to still protect the th in defence.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by facescraper View Post
    For high trophy play does this change anything? Say I attack 3 times, no shield. If I stay online can I be attacked? Has anything changed at high cups aside from being able to attack a few times without breaking the shield completely? Sounds like it's just a farmers nerf, won't help high cup play much to me...
    A few changes I think apply

-You get a shield with less % (30% instead of 40%)
    -High trophy play will almost exclusively have only the highest players, rather than the occasional low level TH who got there sniping (not a big change, but a change).
    -Less ability to time a shield break (for example, if I just want to time a shield break now but have 8 hours left, I am forced to do a legitimate attack multiple times before it will actually break).
    -Inability to simply "go on defense" in an attempt to win trophies, sounds like you'll have to actually attack first
    -Ability to search while shielded, looking for a base worthy of diminishing the shield...might make high trophies more "casual" during the terms of a shield in that it makes sense to go ahead and search without automatically mean you're getting attacked after.
    -Probably the biggest change, this change by itself naturally has the impact of pushing players up or down into more "appropriate" league levels based on their defensive strength...might mean less clouds for low-high trophy levels (low-high meaning around champs, the low end of high trophies). If it puts additional meaning on the league bonus the same thing is achieved.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHankHill View Post
    If you have a solid base you shouldnt get hit multiple times before receiving a shield. No way anyone should hit your base and not grant you a shield and if they dont i know they arent getting any loot. Its gonna take over 30% damage to get my goods. So im not worried about defending one bit. So what if i lose 200k in 1 raid? I get a shield and can make that back in one raid while still retaining my shield. No biggie
    I totally agree. People that Don't TH snipe my base.. still usually go all out and get 30-45% at the most. I'll lose hardly anything, yet get a shield. I'm ok with that.

is BARCH/BAG the new town hall sniping?

Think about it - 30% with 50% of your troops makes it much easier to barch for the bonus - you'll just have to wipe out all the non-defensive buildings round the edge. This'll be especially attractive in champs.

My feeling is though that the 1 star bonus will be practically worthless, with 2 stars being similar to current bonuses and three being a lot more juicier. Either way, my trash ring is going right to the edge of the screen!