Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make it harder to delete your OWN, IN PROGRESS derby task!

Make it harder to delete your OWN, IN PROGRESS derby task!

(I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I couldn't find it easily searching through this section.)

Please make the dialogue box for confirming that you want to delete your own, already in progress derby task look different than the dialogue box for deleting a task on the derby board that no one has taken.

Please move the trash can button for deleting your own, already in progress derby task to a different location than the trash can for the derby tasks on board that no one has taken.

For example, move the trash can button for deleting your own, already in progress derby task to the right side of the screen. Make it accessible through the little ribbon on the right side of the screen that shows your progress with your current task.

I just deleted a boat task that I paid diamonds for because I did thought I had clicked on a task on the derby board, but I hadn't, and I didn't realize it because the trash can button was in the exact same place and the dialogue box looked exactly the same.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Many of my neighbors have dealt with the same thing. It is infuriating to lose progress like this in the final moments of the derby simply because the game design makes it so easy to do. Clearly deleting tasks and clearing the board is the most integral part of the derby in order to get good tasks and have any chance at placing in top three. Diamond tasks are also needed to place in top three. It should not be so easy to self-sabotage.

Please fix this.

Thank you.

GC/Kik: zeneticanna
    Level: 90
    Facebook available upon request

This has been mentioned, but most recently it was in the Derby Talk section. I think it is OK to have it here again, because it is a change that is needed.

Here is the thread from "Derby Talk"
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...sk%21%21%21%21
    Last edited by hcf; November 23rd, 2015 at 05:59 AM.

what a briliant solution!!!

I love it so simple, minor programing, (well compared to re-vamping)
    Anyway, apperently not uncommon, I thought it was just my and my big fingers,lol,
    I really hope they listen to your idea on moving the location of the button. That would get our attention B4 a delete!
    Thank you for sharing
    -Busi Helpers

thank you for guidance

Hi all,

Thanks for showing me where the other threads were. I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Because it's a change in how the game is designed, I feel it belongs in this thread.

If anyone can sympathize, please reply! Let's really push Supercell on this one.

It's the only feature in the entire game where you lose your progress! There's no button that says "would you like to delete all your crops that you've waited hours to harvest?" or "would you like to send away townies in your bed and breakfast who have been served for the past three hours?" or "would you like to delete these jellybeans that have been in production for twelve hours?" ——

It just doesn't make sense; it defies the aesthetics of the game itself! Is there anyone who even wants to be able to delete a task? Once you take it, even if you took one you didn't intend to take or one that isn't perfect, you only get so many tasks, so wouldn't you want to finish it even if it wasn't perfect in order to get maximum points possible? We had one neighborhood member delete a task once because it wasn't high enough points, and the rest of us were upset because some points for that task would have been better than no points.

Please help get Supercell's attention on this one.

Thank you all and happy farming and derby-racing!

Also - Nick! I see you've done refunds for some people on other farms. Could you please refund me the ten diamonds I spent on that ninth task?

________

Last edited by zeneticanna; November 23rd, 2015 at 07:23 PM.

+1 it's too easy to delete your own task accidentally, perhaps a confirmation box instead of moving the bin?

So if we try to trash our own task we get the question: Are you sure you want to trash your current task?

It's easy, SLOW DOWN, speedy! With everyone trying to get on the leaderboard by "trashing" tasks it shouldn't be a problem, just keep trashing your task.

Quote Originally Posted by zeneticanna View Post
    (I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I couldn't find it easily searching through this section.)

Please make the dialogue box for confirming that you want to delete your own, already in progress derby task look different than the dialogue box for deleting a task on the derby board that no one has taken.

Please move the trash can button for deleting your own, already in progress derby task to a different location than the trash can for the derby tasks on board that no one has taken.

For example, move the trash can button for deleting your own, already in progress derby task to the right side of the screen. Make it accessible through the little ribbon on the right side of the screen that shows your progress with your current task.

I just deleted a boat task that I paid diamonds for because I did thought I had clicked on a task on the derby board, but I hadn't, and I didn't realize it because the trash can button was in the exact same place and the dialogue box looked exactly the same.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Many of my neighbors have dealt with the same thing. It is infuriating to lose progress like this in the final moments of the derby simply because the game design makes it so easy to do. Clearly deleting tasks and clearing the board is the most integral part of the derby in order to get good tasks and have any chance at placing in top three. Diamond tasks are also needed to place in top three. It should not be so easy to self-sabotage.

Please fix this.

Thank you.

Facebook available upon request

why "slow down" on just this one aspect of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dibblejr View Post
    It's easy, SLOW DOWN, speedy! With everyone trying to get on the leaderboard by "trashing" tasks it shouldn't be a problem, just keep trashing your task.
    "slow down" is a terrible solution. i know supercell wants us to play this game as much as possible, but realistically, we must fit it into our non-virtual lives. it helps our hood to delete tasks quickly.

and why don't i have to slow down with the rest of the game? no one says "slow down, you're collecting that milk too fast" or "slow down, you're harvesting too much wheat." the game is meant to be learned and played quickly so one can reach achievements and level-ups at an enjoyable rate.

the point remains that deleting your own task looks identical to deleting an untaken task, which is deceiving. if the button to delete your own task were moved to the right side of the board and required a different confirmation box, this unfortunate situation would be largely avoided.
    Last edited by zeneticanna; November 25th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.
    feel free to add me!
    gc: zeneticanna | level 90 | kik: zeneticanna | fb available upon request
    help make it harder to delete your own derby task!:
    goo.gl/7UjDUP

Ok, so it could be made more safe or impossible to trash a task in progress. There is just already a clear difference, between the two windows when trashing tasks.

This is window when trashing own task in progress

And this is window when trashing all other tasks

So it is a little bit, like asking for it to be made impossible to get run over by a car, when running across a street, without slowing down and look out for cars driving on the street before crossing the street. But that's just my opinion, and it could be made a different color, blinking red or give a loud alarm!!
    Last edited by Thobi; November 25th, 2015 at 03:28 PM.
    GC Mathias Larsen 1234 Level 138 Town rep 44 KIK Thobi2680
    130/132 Achievements, 129/129 Fish, Barn 6.850 Silo 5.000

"He that pays the piper, calls the tune."
    Quote Originally Posted by zeneticanna View Post
    "slow down" is a terrible solution. i know supercell wants us to play this game as much as possible, but realistically, we must fit it into our non-virtual lives. it helps our hood to delete tasks quickly.

and why don't i have to slow down with the rest of the game? no one says "slow down, you're collecting that milk too fast" or "slow down, you're harvesting too much wheat." the game is meant to be learned and played quickly so one can reach achievements and level-ups at an enjoyable rate.

the point remains that deleting your own task looks identical to deleting an untaken task, which is deceiving. if the button to delete your own task were moved to the right side of the board and required a different confirmation box, this unfortunate situation would be largely avoided.

This is a really common request, as Dalllyn pointed out. Slowing down in these areas is your best option while we wait and see if SC is going to implement this feature. Because what else can we do while we wait, ya know? Plus what if SC never implements something fixing this? At least we can do something on our end to lessen the tasks being deleted. I do this now on my game. I have yet to accidentally delete a task. Slowing down has helped me so far and I too have to fit this game into my non-virtual life.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; November 25th, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner