Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Q&A] About Center TH or Hard to 3* Base (Anti-3*)

Hulk has a very very nice video about it.

It's simple really if you cannot 3 star consistently at ANY townhall level, do not run anti-3's. No need to showoff and give up stars considering 60% of the clans I've faced still go for two on all bases. Stay within your boundaries and till I started 6 starring frequently, I wasn't running current meta bases because at the end of the day it was GoWiWi or GoWiPe I had to defend against.

Edit : Didn't read the th8 part. Always run anti 3's with offset townhalls at th8.
    Last edited by Aphrodi; November 21st, 2015 at 03:34 PM.
    My TH9 DE Protection Base (Crows) : https://goo.gl/tMhFnK

Max TH11 : Co Leader - War Snipers 2.4

Banned

Helpfull information, will try making a centered TH design then. Will need some inspiration :P

Quote Originally Posted by FiDzMiE View Post

Helpfull information, will try making a centered TH design then. Will need some inspiration :P
    Heres your inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO7Y...lPpMMAjBOV2tHA

PS.. DONT COPY THE BASE... BUILD YOUR OWN. cause F**kers like me are constantly searching for bases online..

Pvt Parts
    : : Co-Leader Xtreme X-men : : TH 1 0
    Click Here For Recruitment Thread

Depends in what kind of clan you are and what kind of clan you're up against. For example: I'm up against an obvious gowipe clan, they're not gonna get the 3 anyway so I centralize my th in hopes they mess up and get one star. Instead of giving an easy 2.
    If you face a good war clan they're gonna get 2 at least anyway, so it's better to use an anti3 base.

Thanks for the awesome sig Alex!

Sparto family: Krypteia Protg gg Lgin Click for: Clan page
    TH12 Heroes: 53/60/27 Full Lavas 223 Cheetos
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Form an orderly queue behind Tim please, no pushing. You will all get a chance to smirk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TimGinger View Post
    Depends in what kind of clan you are and what kind of clan you're up against. For example: I'm up against an obvious gowipe clan, they're not gonna get the 3 anyway so I centralize my th in hopes they mess up and get one star. Instead of giving an easy 2.
    If you face a good war clan they're gonna get 2 at least anyway, so it's better to use an anti3 base.
    Ahhhh This... Might try this also... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodi View Post

It's simple really if you cannot 3 star consistently at ANY townhall level, do not run anti-3's. No need to showoff and give up stars considering 60% of the clans I've faced still go for two on all bases. Stay within your boundaries and till I started 6 starring frequently, I wasn't running current meta bases because at the end of the day it was GoWiWi or GoWiPe I had to defend against.

Edit : Didn't read the th8 part. Always run anti 3's with offset townhalls at th8.
    This.

As a TH8 your only concern is to not be 3'd, because it's so easy to be 3'd.

You only have 4 types of attacks to defend against. Mass Drags, GoWipe, Hogs, and GoHo.

An off centered TH is useful in more ways than just to stop a 3. It also sways the attack positioning towards the TH, which you can use to your advantage.

Make a setup with an unlurable CC (2 defenses down to pull), offset TH, Asymmetrical almost random base, and have the trigger radius of CC circle right in front of TH, and extend base on TH side a bit. This with the right CC comp can ruin a raid alone. Of course with a good dgb setup, centralized AD protected by storages, and extended mortar placement to kill limited clean up crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph033 View Post
    Make a setup with an unlurable CC (2 defenses down to pull),
    At TH8, that simply isn't possible without leaving your defences isolated and exposed to the point where you will be very easily destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodi View Post

It's simple really if you cannot 3 star consistently at ANY townhall level, do not run anti-3's.
    This exactly. I referenced Hulk myself in a similar thread by zacharyblaze.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

Unless your TH8 is pretty much at the top of the clan roster, then always anti-3; and that usually means offset TH. Think of the TH just as a second dark store: you wouldn't centre the dark store in a warbase, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by alexheney View Post
    At TH8, that simply isn't possible without leaving your defences isolated and exposed to the point where you will be very easily destroyed.
    It's certainly possible, although it does get a bit spread. It's only really vulnerable if an attacker understands the difference between deploying for 2* and 3* with gowipe; and there are still things you can do to make it harder.

Our last war was against a good clan, and there were some good bases on both sides, and some very good attacks, especially by the enemy. I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying that not a single "unlurable" TH8 base on either team was 3*ed by the opposing TH8 - all needed to be cleaned by TH9s.
    OTOH, every TH8 base with central TH on our side was 3*ed by the enemy TH8s, often first attempt. Our TH8s got most/all of the enemy bases with central TH

We've been 'encouraging' our TH8s to use offset TH. That may become mandatory sooner or later - anyone with a central TH will be left out until they design/copy a viable warbase.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

I will be using anti-3 star designs even at TH10, simply because the 3rd star is more important than the inevitable 2. So, yes I have the town hall off center always.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined