Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Supercell hide dead bases ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobaints View Post
    It's PV"afk"P since we cannot attack those online bases.
    Only thing that differs active base from inactive base is the traps and the cc troops.
    I know it makes the game very easy and less challenging but inactive bases way too behind atm.
    SC should either bring inactive bases up or reduce the next cost.
    It's the principle of the concept. A multiplayer game wants to match you against other active players, not against inactive players. It's clear that it's not a 1 to 1 comparative between an FPS and CoC, but the concept is still the same.

Game developers want you to go against other active players, not inactive players. Otherwise, why not just make it single player?

French-speaking tactics : http://tacticaclashofclans.blogspot.ca/

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingcrew View Post
    TH9s attack full TH8s because they need 1 Billion in resources to do 2 levels of walls. I will routinely flatten any TH8 I can find with my Main account because I hate walls so much and I just want them done. I just take my frustration out on you.
    I haven't even started the Lavas yet (104 legos left to go) and I agree so much with this statement. and the rest of your post

You are attacked 3 times in an hr... Stop breaking your shield over and over.

Also agree with smashing th8s for walls. Will be done with lvl 9s this week. Only 750 million resources to go :-(
    Lvl 113 |TH 9 |BK 19 |AQ 30 |GG 511M |EE 527M |HH 2.63M

It also encourages players to come back to the game. If they leave for a month and come back to an empty base with no resources, they might be overwhelmed and just quit for good.

If they come back to tons of resources to collect, maybe they upgrade something and start to feel progress again.

They're actually not hidden. There's a setting that toggles abandoned bases on or off. You just have to check the box to include abandoned bases in search.
    IGN: David | Clan: Mao Bear Nation | TH11 | GG: 1,780,630,354 | EE: 2B | HH: 8,525,288 | FIN: 260,443 | AQ/BK/GW: 40/40/20 | 275 Magma - 03/18/16

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingcrew View Post
    And Here I sit as a Mid TH8 in Crystal with half full storages and have no issue. I find plenty of raidable bases and I get fully attacked once in a while but seem to hold up pretty well.

If you have lost 4.5 Mil in resources as you claim today then you are doing something wrong. This is also my mini account so its played pretty casually. I have managed to get my BK to 10 without issue and now working on getting the 60K DE needed for golem2. There are plenty of people that make good progress in this game without relying on dead bases.

Find a time to raid more than once before logging off. Don't catty excess resources if you don't need to. If you are carrying too much gold, elixir and DE at once, of course you will be attacked. You attack a base with lots of loot offered right?

TH9s attack full TH8s because they need 1 Billion in resources to do 2 levels of walls. I will routinely flatten any TH8 I can find with my Main account because I hate walls so much and I just want them done. I just take my frustration out on you.
    I'm inclined to agree with this, my th8 mini is a fair way from max defensively, yet has got max king (dark spells and troops being worked on now) with 2-3 raids per season, everything else is exclusively from wars or my mines/pumps/collectors. It is raided every time the shield runs out because I log on a few times a day to collect, so it is viewed as active, but only very rarely does a th9 come along and take my loot, the last time it happened was because I accidentally left a hole next to my full de storage (wasn't max for th8 at that point, so only 40k). Almost all my defence log is snipes, sat in gold, and drifting lower by the day.
    Lvl 144, TH 10, 223 lavas, 52 magmas
    King= (30, upgrading to 31), Queen- (40)

TH10 as of February 7th 2016.

Topic starter, your words: "I will never buy gems. " I see dead bases everyday, about to max my TH10 . So you'll never have a chance in high champs or Titans. Stop playing or start to pay.

It wouldn't be unusual if the matchmaking algorithm regulated the number of dead bases available at any one time. One of SC's stated aims is for people to play CoC for years so regulating the pace of advancement is part of that.
    Last edited by Cyprien1982; November 17th, 2015 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkaoboy View Post
    They're actually not hidden. There's a setting that toggles abandoned bases on or off. You just have to check the box to include abandoned bases in search.
    ^This. Best comment ever
    French-speaking tactics : http://tacticaclashofclans.blogspot.ca/