STATUS: We are online, and investigating some issues (misplaced animals, trophies showing up wrong and a couple of other minor issues).
The all-new Hay Day update is finally here, introducing new things like the Champions League, a special Leaderboard which is only for the Champions League, new decorations, winter theme and much more!! While the update becomes available for all players, all platforms and in all countries, check out the breakdown on what's new:
What’s New: Big Derby Additions and Improvements!
• Reach the highest league level, the Champions League, to compete with the best neighborhoods in the world for derby points within the new global leaderboard. Can your neighborhood be the number 1 in the world?
• Get more derby rewards than ever before with the Champions League!
• A new Neighborhood Trophy tab to help you keep track of your precious derby wins.
• A Spectator Mode for opted out players to see their neighborhood’s derby progress
• See everybody’s achieved points from the previous derby and final standings, during the derby pause.
• Derby league level is now visible on your neighborhood house for everyone to see!
• New Derby achievements available!
Community requested Features:
• The Newspaper box now shows an animation when a new Newspaper is available.
• The Gift Catalogue and the Wheel of Fortune prizes now have brand new decorations.
• Newspaper Tool Offers have been improved.
• The holiday season has arrived to your farm. Make sure to stay tuned for our upcoming Holiday and New Year’s event with very special decoration prizes!
• Traditional Chinese support added.
• General bug fixes and improvements
• Added more information on where to get the necessary building supplies for upgrades in the Barn / Silo UI.
The Leaderboard score is calculated based on the 4 previous Derbies (The Derby result is divided by the amount of opted in players each week) + Opted in player amount bonus + bonus for the neighborhood’s position at the end of the derby + we give negative points for the total trashed tasks (divided by the opted in players). Only trashing directly from the board (leaders, co-leaders and elders) affect the negative points.
Also, if your neighborhood drops down from the Champions League, you will lose all(!) leaderboard scores that you have gained. So if you move back up to the Champions League, you will start from scratch.
I hope that explains it at least a bit! Please share your thoughts and feedback in this thread!