Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update - Champions League is Here!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Thumbs Up Hay Day Update - Champions League is Here!

STATUS: We are online, and investigating some issues (misplaced animals, trophies showing up wrong and a couple of other minor issues).

Howdy Neighbors,

The all-new Hay Day update is finally here, introducing new things like the Champions League, a special Leaderboard which is only for the Champions League, new decorations, winter theme and much more!! While the update becomes available for all players, all platforms and in all countries, check out the breakdown on what's new:

What’s New: Big Derby Additions and Improvements!
    • Reach the highest league level, the Champions League, to compete with the best neighborhoods in the world for derby points within the new global leaderboard. Can your neighborhood be the number 1 in the world?
    • Get more derby rewards than ever before with the Champions League!
    • A new Neighborhood Trophy tab to help you keep track of your precious derby wins.
    • A Spectator Mode for opted out players to see their neighborhood’s derby progress
    • See everybody’s achieved points from the previous derby and final standings, during the derby pause.
    • Derby league level is now visible on your neighborhood house for everyone to see!
    • New Derby achievements available!

Community requested Features:
    • The Newspaper box now shows an animation when a new Newspaper is available.
    • The Gift Catalogue and the Wheel of Fortune prizes now have brand new decorations.
    • Newspaper Tool Offers have been improved.
    • The holiday season has arrived to your farm. Make sure to stay tuned for our upcoming Holiday and New Year’s event with very special decoration prizes!

Additional:
    • Traditional Chinese support added.
    • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Added more information on where to get the necessary building supplies for upgrades in the Barn / Silo UI.

The Leaderboard score is calculated based on the 4 previous Derbies (The Derby result is divided by the amount of opted in players each week) + Opted in player amount bonus + bonus for the neighborhood’s position at the end of the derby + we give negative points for the total trashed tasks (divided by the opted in players). Only trashing directly from the board (leaders, co-leaders and elders) affect the negative points.

Also, if your neighborhood drops down from the Champions League, you will lose all(!) leaderboard scores that you have gained. So if you move back up to the Champions League, you will start from scratch.

I hope that explains it at least a bit! Please share your thoughts and feedback in this thread!

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

Sorry, Nick, but could you elucidate on the negative trashing points? It reads to me as if elders and leaders trashing low tasks are going to be creating these negativite points. Surely I must be misunderstanding that bit? Trashing the board hurts your team??l?

(Looking forward to the new decorations, thank you).

(And hurray! New gift card/WoF prizes. Such a good idea.)
    Last edited by pitchfork; November 16th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Derby

Why is it that my neighbors get prizes like buggies, carriages, etc for their derby prizes, me I get more of the same the usual routine stuff that I already have or can get easily. Feeling frustrated with hayday....

Bug

I see the giftcard prizes are in the decor tab. What happened to my 30+ stored king frogs???? Okay, I really don't want them back but if people were storing other things just added, they will be upset.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    Sorry, Nick, but could you elucidate on the negative trashing points? It reads to me as if elders and leaders trashing low tasks are going to be creating these negativite points. Surely I must be misunderstanding that bit? Trashing the board hurts your team??l?

(Looking forward to the new decorations, thank you).
    If Leaders, Co-Leaders or Elders trash tasks (since only they can trash tasks anyway), we give negative points for the total trashed tasks (divided by the opted in players). No matter if it is a high point task, or low point. Note that this is for the Leaderboard Score only, not the Derby Score!
    Quote Originally Posted by elizabethbrack View Post
    Why is it that my neighbors get prizes like buggies, carriages, etc for their derby prizes, me I get more of the same the usual routine stuff that I already have or can get easily. Feeling frustrated with hayday....
    The prizes are random, so if someone gets more of something than others it's just pure good/bad luck I guess.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager

Yehaw! I love the spectator mode!
    Still confused with leaderboard scoring though
    Hay Day - level 68 - Rep 15 - Farming with Nobody!
    Boom beach - XP lvl 62 - HQ 20 - Booming with Nobody!
    Clash Royale - XP 11 - 3800 trophies - Boggers united recruiting - friendly, fun, donation!
    Clash of Clans - XP 112 - HQ 9 - Clashing with clasher smasher!

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by godzsogood View Post
    I see the giftcard prizes are in the decor tab. What happened to my 30+ stored king frogs???? Okay, I really don't want them back but if people were storing other things just added, they will be upset.
    When did you notice this? As the new update is not playable yet it sounds odd..

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager

MineMine is up so it is odd. �� Downloaded the update,tapped the icon and here is my farm. US, iPod.
    Last edited by godzsogood; November 16th, 2015 at 11:14 AM.

Trainee

Perplexed

Nick, Am I understanding this accurately ? That in addition to waiting endlessly for 320 tasks to appear on the board, that we are now going to be penalized for not taking them? We will now be given 'negative points' for trashing low point tasks? Please tell me I am misunderstanding. QUOTE='Nick[Supercell];5804118']SERVER STATUS: We are now in maintenance to prepare the servers for the new update. Please

Howdy Neighbors,

The all-new Hay Day update is finally here, introducing new things like the Champions League, a special Leaderboard which is only for the Champions League, new decorations, winter theme and much more!! While the update becomes available for all players, all platforms and in all countries, check out the breakdown on what's new:

What’s New: Big Derby Additions and Improvements!
    • Reach the highest league level, the Champions League, to compete with the best neighborhoods in the world for derby points within the new global leaderboard. Can your neighborhood be the number 1 in the world?
    • Get more derby rewards than ever before with the Champions League!
    • A new Neighborhood Trophy tab to help you keep track of your precious derby wins.
    • A Spectator Mode for opted out players to see their neighborhood’s derby progress
    • See everybody’s achieved points from the previous derby and final standings, during the derby pause.
    • Derby league level is now visible on your neighborhood house for everyone to see!
    • New Derby achievements available!

Community requested Features:
    • The Newspaper box now shows an animation when a new Newspaper is available.
    • The Gift Catalogue and the Wheel of Fortune prizes now have brand new decorations.
    • Newspaper Tool Offers have been improved.
    • The holiday season has arrived to your farm. Make sure to stay tuned for our upcoming Holiday and New Year’s event with very special decoration prizes!

Additional:
    • Traditional Chinese support added.
    • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Added more information on where to get the necessary building supplies for upgrades in the Barn / Silo UI.

The Leaderboard score is calculated based on the 4 previous Derbies (The Derby result is divided by the amount of opted in players each week) + Opted in player amount bonus + bonus for the neighborhood’s position at the end of the derby + we give negative points for the total trashed tasks (divided by the opted in players). Only trashing directly from the board (leaders, co-leaders and elders) affect the negative points.

Also, if your neighborhood drops down from the Champions League, you will lose all(!) leaderboard scores that you have gained. So if you move back up to the Champions League, you will start from scratch.

I hope that explains it at least a bit! Please share your thoughts and feedback in this thread!

Cheers,

Nick[/QUOTE]
    Level 122 and Addicted to Hay Day

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    If Leaders, Co-Leaders or Elders trash tasks (since only they can trash tasks anyway), we give negative points for the total trashed tasks (divided by the opted in players). No matter if it is a high point task, or low point. Note that this is for the Leaderboard Score only, not the Derby Score!

Cheers,

Nick

Noted.

But I am still confused about why this was added as it always seemed to me that trashing was an integral part of playing the game and I'm wondering why (what is the benefit) you are trying to deter trashing?

Thanks.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood