Thread: What's happening? I finished my fishing task and the game shows it's expired!!!!

Centennial Club

What's happening? I finished my fishing task and the game shows it's expired!!!!

I don't know what to do, just finished my fisihing task and after I went to check the derby, I see I caught 0.0/109 lbs!!! When I check my derby log it shows the task expired (it cannot expire until the derby ends). Should I trash the task or do what SC? I don't know if my points were added to the derby or not.
    Name : korimcrae
    GC: korimcrae
    kik: korimcrae
    Hay Day Level 147

Quote Originally Posted by korimcrae View Post
    I don't know what to do, just finished my fisihing task and after I went to check the derby, I see I caught 0.0/109 lbs!!! When I check my derby log it shows the task expired (it cannot expire until the derby ends). Should I trash the task or do what SC? I don't know if my points were added to the derby or not.
    Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Since your neighborhood has derby log shared, you can check for your points there.
    If you wish you can add up the score of all your neighbors and tally it with your neighborhood score, to see if your score was included in the neighborhood score or not.

Also contact supercell via settings menu. Hopefully you will get this all sorted out.
    Last edited by rsckies; November 12th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
    Gamecenter Disconnected-contact me on kik or here if you want to add.
    facebook:ask me if you want to add
    level:129
    kik:just_random1

Sorry that this has happened and I hope it is fixed. A similar thing has happened to me twice now and each time I was told that I had trashed the task which I definitely did not do. 😱
    It seems to be an unacknowledged glitch.

Farm Level 183. Town 56 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I'm also sorry this happened to you! I know how devastating it can be to lose out on points for whatever reason it may be.

This happened to me once with a boat task, an x came up on my own task list and I couldn't pick a new task until I trashed the task that "expired". I was told that it was a glitch and my points were counted.

This has also happened to two hoodies of mine and they completed the task again and were able to move on after that, weird huh? Good luck.

Farm Level 155
    Daily Player/Trades

I know that It is easy to say it is the player's fault, but with so many reports here (out of the fraction of players on the forum) I hope that Nick will see these posts and elevate the issue. I know Korimcrae and GymGirl are not careless players. When Kori and GG say their tasks evaporated, THEY DID.

Lev 133/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 132/137 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permits May 2019 - Opting out of this BORING grind for bad decos. Sanctuary: Adults complete 25 Dec 2017. Babies complete: 06 Jun 2019

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PerkyCox View Post
    I know that It is easy to say it is the player's fault, but with so many reports here (out of the fraction of players on the forum) I hope that Nick will see these posts and elevate the issue. I know Korimcrae and GymGirl are not careless players. When Kori and GG say their tasks evaporated, THEY DID.
    Reporting these issues has given me zero satisfaction. Bot type replies telling me to be more careful. It seems to me that there are no humans dealing with these problems and replies are generated using keywords. I will never report anything again as the replies cause more frustration than the problem. Perhaps that is their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by PerkyCox View Post
    Thanks for the support Perky. I was upset actually and tried several times to point out that I had not deleted the tasks but SC did not want to know.

Farm Level 183. Town 56 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

A similar thing happened to me last week except it was a boat task instead of fishing. I'd completed the 6 boats but the task would still be showing as open and said 0/6 complete. So I started the task again, filled 6 more boats, then it went back to saying 0/6. I didn't know what to do. The task was still sitting there open. I put in a ticket to support but didn't know how long it would take for them to check it out & time is of the essence in a derby. LOL. I finally closed the game & reopened it. Like you, it said my task had expired which isn't even possible since you have until the end of the derby to complete it. I was also afraid to delete it because I didn't want to lose a task. I then checked my task log. The number of tasks it said I'd completed didn't match the available task counter. So although it showed as being done and then again as being expired, I could tell it wasn't really "counting". I closed the game, did a hard reset on my iPad, and then when I reopened the game it was fine. That particular boat task was finally closed. My "completed" task log still showed that I'd done that boat task multiple times & it still didn't match the number of "available" tasks. However, I knew the "available" task counter was correct because it matched up to my current score. SC did reply to my ticket and they were able to show me their log of my completed tasks. It matched what I knew my score was before I got trapped in the boat task. LOL. So long story short, the in game log itself was wrong and/but the expired task didn't count against me. Very strange glitch but as long as I just went by the "available" tasks counter, it all matched up & I just had to ignore the actual log. I would try closing the game & then resetting your device. It was the only thing that helped me get "unstuck" and it didn't affect my actual number of tasks or my score. Hope this wasn't too confusing & that it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Sorry that this has happened and I hope it is fixed. A similar thing has happened to me twice now and each time I was told that I had trashed the task which I definitely did not do. ��
    It seems to be an unacknowledged glitch.
    Same thing has happened to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by MooiPlaas View Post
    Reporting these issues has given me zero satisfaction. Bot type replies telling me to be more careful. It seems to me that there are no humans dealing with these problems and replies are generated using keywords. I will never report anything again as the replies cause more frustration than the problem. Perhaps that is their strategy.
    I no longer report any issues either. There's no point in doing so.
    Last edited by Lucene; November 13th, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

Supercell

Quote Originally Posted by Lucene View Post
    Same thing has happened to me too.

I no longer report any issues either. There's no point in doing so.
    Just be sure to note your complaints in a review of the game at the app store. It'll make you feel a little better.