Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arcanum A TH9 Farming Base by Matty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arcanum A TH9 Farming Base by Matty

Hey there guys!

Today I thought I would release one of my Base Designs and thus I have made this thread. This will mark my second public release for Town Hall 9!

I have only somewhat recently been trying to create a fresh design that incorporates the principles of a good base that I personally feel are worth having (Listed Below), and I feel I have achieved them with this particular design. I also wanted to try out a less conventional style of base that differ from my "Vaulty" type bases, and thus have made this a Semi-Labyrinth base. I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know how it works out for you!

THE CORE HAS BEEN UPDATED - PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS.

Due to these minor changes, building this base from the images that are not updated is not recommended!

Ignore random Base Logs from page 2 and onwards, these are not of this Base and they are evident due to people incorrectly posting them here for whatever reason.

I present..

A R C A N U M

Updated to the new Update Meta.

VERSION 2

(Latest/Not the same as the breakdown Images)

- Updated Core
    - Anti WB Priority
    - Air Traps improved
    - Slightly more spread out
    - Swag

VERSION 1 (Original)

Walls/Traps Only

Clan Castle Radius

○ Features ○ (Not limited to!)

• Balanced Resource Protection with a particular focus on Dark Elixir Protection.
    • Defense Structures provide a continuous "ring" like pathing, diverting all Defense targeting troops to patrol the base instead of diving into the core. This particular design also renders most Jump spells inneffective! (Read Below)
    • Equal Defense coverage of every type of Defense Structures.
    • Anti AQ Core. (UPDATED)
    • Anti-Giant/Loon pathing/traps. This is extremely effective with this particular design. See below images for more detail.
    • Central CC, very difficult to lure troops. Be aware that you can swap out the DE Vat for your CC, and achieve total centralization if you'd prefer, however I wouldn't, as this messes with AQ's reach.
    • Anti Hog!
    • Possesses a good EQ spell negation, as the core is actually very difficult to funnel into even with a breach from a series of EQs.
    • Air Bombs are out of range of Air Defenses, to counter Lava's triggering them instead of Minions.
    • Balanced X-Bow Coverage.
    • Looks sexy af.

Speedbuild(s)

Thanks to Ash - Clash of Clans (Eternal625) & Deeds for making the speedbuilds! You guys rock.

Below Speedbuild has some offish upper collector structures - it's not 100% but still effective!

Defense Goals & Design Analysis

After the success of my previously released Omicron design(s) http://tinyurl.com/phptk4h, I tested around further with other Designers practical and effective key principles, to which I have incorporated with my own style.

Things that I took into account when designing Arcanum:

1) 5 Tile spacing in Core, to prevent Archer Queen from targeting the Dark Elixir Vat from the exterior of the Core.

This principle is entirely owed to Orz & Ash (Eternal625).

This, to me, is an ESSENTIAL feature to all bases, and I will apply it to almost every base I create from Arcanum>.

2) Divergence of Defense Targeting troops, particularly Giants, from the Core.

I also designed this base to split Packs of Giants and Hogs. If you look at the white lines denoting the paths, they do effectively split these troops, making rear DPS, such as Archers/Wizards etc, die really fast. Splitting Giants also means that traps will be utilized more effectively in defense, due to more of them being used.

3) Trap Unpredictability.

If you look across the below image, you'll see that in the design, it's impossible to tell where all the Springs will be. I have had attackers try and pre-spring traps by sending 1-2 Giants into the funnels to set them off, and FAIL, wasting troops.

DGB's still possess a general predictability, but this is also entirely customizable by the user.

4) Aesthetically pleasing.

I feel I have achieved this, and it is arguably the most critical thing for me to see a good looking base achieve things while being effective.

5) User Customization to League &/or Preference.

You'll notice in the Attacker POV Image way up above, you'll see that I swapped my AD's with my Mortars. This is because at this particular time, I am farming in G3, and Air Based Attacks are practically none existent. My Xbow's are also set to Ground Only in these lower leagues, making it very dangerous to Ground attacks. These things can all be changed to suit where you are and what what type of attacks you are receiving from enemies!

6) More swags to follow. (It's late) TBC.

Defense Logs

(CONTINUED ON POST #3!)

Make sure to READ the conditions in brackets for specific Defenses.

(Credits to
    Malandok for the next 2 logs!)
    (Stated there was almost no CC Troops in Defense and both his Heros were down)

(Credits to bobbingo for the next 2 logs!)
    (Not sure on CC/Hero Status etc)

(Credits to bleakness for the next 4 logs!)
    (No CC Defense Troops & Unsure on Hero Status etc.)

Titan III Defense.

(Credits to Twindad of Torri Diamante)

GiWiPe Defense

- No CC Troops for Defense
    - AQ Upgrading

Max TH10 Troops - GoGiBarch with heroes and spells. DE is still untouched. Had literally 6 level 5 Barbs in my cc. (Thanks Cluttons!)

- No CC Defense Troops for below defense.

I hope you all enjoy this Design, I know I am
    , and as always, please leave constructive criticism and other cool stuff you guys do.

Bai.

Last edited by mattyy; February 8th, 2016 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Added Speedbuilds.
    Proud Clan Leader of CLUTTONS

Updated TH9 Farming Base A R C A N U M : http://tinyurl.com/ohbtr3a

A decent labyrinth! I like the idea and concept.

LOGS CONTINUED!

Below Defense = DE from Drills and Heroes both napping.

Last edited by mattyy; December 28th, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Do you have a YouTube video of the build? It makes it a little easier for me to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojack View Post
    Do you have a YouTube video of the build? It makes it a little easier for me to build.
    Sorry bro I don't have a speedbuild for it. :/

Perhaps try starting from the core, and see the Dot on the floor in core, in the "Walls/Traps" image. It's a good place to start.

Very good base,I will test it. Only the position of the air sweeper dont persuade me.
    Torri Diamante #22C0VC20
    Torri recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by alex838 View Post
    Easy 3 stars, no need high skill.

You have you shown the community that you are the best Clash of Clans player of all time. I envy your very scent.

Quote Originally Posted by MinasTirith View Post
    Good job, but that's not exactly the original base. Anyway, all of us that use that base, have realised that it's vulnerable when the attacker uses qw
    Yay someone with a brain. It's possible to defense Queen Walk, as shown by logs, but it is still generally an easy way to get DE on bases, and I say "bases", because ALL designs are susceptible to this attack.

Using your base matty. Will provide logs soon.
    IGN: Past Amazing
    Clan: Past Used By (#2GRCCP28)
    YouTube Channel (300k+ subs): Past Amazing

Millennial Club
    For those of you using this base I'd change around your traps... knowing exactly where they are makes it fairly easy to attack. Mattyy showed multiple possible locations in his original description.

http://imgur.com/a/bbr4K

Quote Originally Posted by dodgson View Post
    For those of you using this base I'd change around your traps... knowing exactly where they are makes it fairly easy to attack. Mattyy showed multiple possible locations in his original description.
    Wow.. 3 star a farm base in champion & master league. I don't believe it