Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dear mods, re: the neighbourhood recruitment boards...

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    The brainstormign is still going behind the scene.

It's not only about what we can do, but also how much effort is required from us Moderator and coordination with Staff to make sure it is followed well.

I haven't forgot about this but can't promise anything yet. So sorry.

Please keep reporting those thread breaking forum rules when you see them.
    Thank you!!!

I realize it's an involved process and I don't want my frustration voice to overpower my thankful voice. Knowing that y'all are working on it gives me some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Winky View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the idea that highlighting the offending posts wouldn't be merely punitive. That actually wasn't my intent, but I realize that the tone of the post probably implied that. I was thinking more along the lines of the educational aspect because while some knowingly disregard the rules, some just don't even familiarize themselves with them. I like the idea of locking the thread and blocking privileges. Even if it's only 24-48 hours, it may have the desired effect.

I appreciate your level-headedness LTMP!! Thank you!!
    I knew that wasn't your intent. And I'm sorry that I might have given the impression implying otherwise. You said so yourself, it would be a deterrent, which is what I meant by educational too.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    The brainstormign is still going behind the scene.

It's not only about what we can do, but also how much effort is required from us Moderator and coordination with Staff to make sure it is followed well.

I haven't forgot about this but can't promise anything yet. So sorry.

Please keep reporting those thread breaking forum rules when you see them.
    Thank you so much, meo! I really appreciate you putting in all this extra work to make the situation better. I'm sure you've thought out all these different possibilities. And you're the best for enduring my "suggestions" which you've probably considered already, but you know the logistics, complications, and consequences that would make them impractical or unworkable.

But one more thing, maybe it would make less work in the end for the moderating team: if there were more visible consequences for repeat and intentional offenders.
    Last edited by LetTheMusicPlay; December 1st, 2015 at 09:20 PM.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

Quote Originally Posted by LetTheMusicPlay View Post
    I knew that wasn't your intent. And I'm sorry that I might have given the impression implying otherwise. You said so yourself, it would be a deterrent, which is what I meant by educational too.
    no impression...it just made me realize that I should have been clearer. I could tell you understood. You just said it way better than I did. Lol!!!

I want to support Seamus's suggestion that we can delete our original recruiting post(s) and also change the title. I have several bec i started recruiting before the rule, and before the sticky warning us to use a generic title. Would really like to delete my old threads. At least once, a prospect has dredged up an old thread of mine and replied there, hidden to me for a while. Ty!
    Best, Barb
    Level 100, achievements 108/108, no more counting GC: bqbowers01
    HD NH: Happiness Spot

SCORCHED EARTH SURVIVOR 15Jun2016

Thanks for seconding my motion, Bqbowers. I really do think this would help things and don't see why it would be challenging to modify the forum logic to enable (tremendously less challenging then creating anything like the search features discussed here).

Quote Originally Posted by Bqbowers View Post
    I want to support Seamus's suggestion that we can delete our original recruiting post(s) and also change the title. I have several bec i started recruiting before the rule, and before the sticky warning us to use a generic title. Would really like to delete my old threads. At least once, a prospect has dredged up an old thread of mine and replied there, hidden to me for a while. Ty!
    Best, Barb
    Seamus Hills, a 33 Shady Lane farm

Looking for a
    Funny, Helpful, Derby-lovin Hood? Join us!