Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear mods, re: the neighbourhood recruitment boards...

Dear mods, re: the neighbourhood recruitment boards...

Dear hardworking overworked kind volunteer moderators,

Most times that I look at the neighbourhood recruitment forum there are a few hoods that bump up their threads a little more often than the rules allow.

The other day, we had a player on the forum expressing disillusionment at the recruitment section because in this player's eyes there was very little opportunity for a small hood to get enough exposure. The player did not suggest it was because of rule breaking but I think the rule breaking certainly creates a perception that it is dog eat dog out there! and a false impression that those who are not bumping several times a day may not be as active a hood! I also think one rule breaker encourages others to do the same and suddenly the front page is dominated by overactive recruiters which definitely leaves those obedient hoods on page three at a disadvantage.
    I'm not suggesting the hoods are knowingly trying to break rules or put others at a disadvantage, although some may be tempted to push their luck.

I put this out as a cry for help on behalf of the readers as well as the hoods -- is there anything that can be done to combat this scenario?

Gratefully,

Bemused of HayDay
    Last edited by pitchfork; November 3rd, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Well if you can't beat them, join them
    Last edited by Kate9la; November 3rd, 2015 at 01:52 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate9la View Post
    Well if you can't beat them, join them

Kate...........with respect............yours is exactly the kind of comment that confirms pitchfork's point.

First one.....then three.....then an avalanche.

The country of the best chocolate & beer? Belgium!
    Part of the problem is also that when a NH replies to a recruitment thread it produces bumping of the thread.

So in the section "looking for a hood" you see NH joining requests from ages ago that are bumped because some NH decide to give it an answer... When you try to recruit mew members by replying in the section "looking for hood" you need to carefully check the date of the first post by OP because on the top are those recently replied and not the most recently posted ones by OP.

Just replying to any post about "looking for a NH" give your NH an additional visibility even if the original post is dated from last year.

I dont know if it is possible to avoid reply-bumping in the section "looking for a hood"... Certainly it could help .
    Last edited by matig; November 3rd, 2015 at 04:14 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Farm name : Chou de Bxl (#L2LR2YQL)
    Level 162 / Town 63
    NH: Arctic Valley
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...y-Neighborhood

I agree with Pitchfork and Matig, and would add with my own knowledge. About a year ago several people from my previous hood left and formed their own hood. I know the name of their hood and their forum user names, and I found out at least 4 people from that hood had agressively advertised their hood in the recruitment section in a matter of hours, not 24 hours. Besides bumping less than 24 hours, they also made frequent new recruitment ads without using hood name in the title so moderator would not catch them. Just titled "join this awesome hood" or something like that, and hood name was put in the bottom of the post.
    Also when I was a recruiter from my previous hood I had difficulties to figure out which one actually was seeking for a hood to join and which one who already found a hood but his/her post was bumped by recruiters, so it looked like a new post.
    So would it be possible specifically for neighborhood recruitment section, posts older than 3 days should be deleted, either by the original poster him/herself or a moderator? Similar to in Hay Day facebook groups, older posts are deleted by diligent group administators. So, if posters still need a hood or members, they can just copy the original post and repost.
    Now that I am retired from all this hood thing, I am really enjoying my hay day days without looking for a hood to join or looking for members to join my one-person hood. Playing this game is back to pure relaxing fun
    Last edited by Gazzanga; November 3rd, 2015 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks pitchfork and everyone posted on this thread.

Yes, we are well aware of the problem and Hay Day isn't the only forum affected. Sadly people trying to get around the rules only make things hard for others and about to ruin theiw own experience.

Chasing after members breaking forum rules all the time is not what makes this community better. Frankly, Moderators would love to spend more time to read and interact with forum members than reading reports and issuing warning/infraction everyday.

We are currently looking into a few ways to make bumping less desirable, but first, I would love to hear from you, forum members who use the recruitment sub forum:

For neighborhood that recruit:
    1/ What info are you looking for when you recruit? Is that player level? Their preference for derby task?
    2/ If you need to use the search function to find the accurate profile, what is the keyword you would use? (please list all of them)

For member looking for a neighborhood:
    1/ What kind of information you would love to see emphasized (either in thread title or explicitly mentionned in the post)
    2/ What would be the keywords you use to describe your desired hood?

Thanks for your time,
    - meonhoc
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Maggie StyleBook: 47/60 parts | 9/21 styles and counting

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 139♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Banned
    If I were looking today as a member trying to join a hood, I would probably want to know the same things today I did 18 months ago (not necessarily in order of importance)

1. Age range of the group
    2. Geographical spread of members
    3. Derby philosophy
    4. NH importance placed on helping and trading/swapping of items and any rules they might have
    5. stability of nh / turnover of members
    6. Size and any size limit less than the 30 max they may have as a philosophy.

it does seem to me that to simplify searching for those seeking new hoods, if it were possible to have separate sections for those hoods with an emphasis on the derby and a section for those hoods who don't care much about it or abstain completely.

The country of the best chocolate & beer? Belgium!
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post

For neighborhood that recruit:
    1/ What info are you looking for when you recruit? Is that player level? Their preference for derby task?
    2/ If you need to use the search function to find the accurate profile, what is the keyword you would use? (please list all of them)
    For member looking for a neighborhood:
    1/ What kind of information you would love to see emphasized (either in thread title or explicitly mentionned in the post)
    2/ What would be the keywords you use to describe your desired hood?

Thanks for your time,
    - meonhoc
    I just would like to draw attention to one point. As it is now in the forum NH that are trying to recruit in the recruitment thread post a description of their nh (what is offer what is request, what is'required) It s generally in the bumps that the open slots are offered and characteristic of the ideal recruit are posted (shortly). And in the "looking for hood" thread OP described their own situation and the characteristic they are searching in a NH.

Basically the infos that may present interest are the following (i probably listed some that may have no interest for some and forget some essential for others...) but they are not so different when you speak from NH or recruit (good news !)

About the player that i am looking for :
    - level or range of level
    - location (US/america, europe, asia or more specifically the country)
    - language (english, french, ...)
    - devotion to the game (daily player)
    - "age range" (adults only/children allowed,...)
    - derby interest (competitive, relax, derby crazy, minimum request per task, requirement regarding the additional task)
    - request for the desire Nh regarding league, performance,..
    - chat preference (talkative or not)
    - feeling regarding goodies exchange in nh (price set at default, at max or min inside nh, trading/exchange or sale)
    - preference for the town (town lover/hater, daily or occasionnal town player)
    - additional preference

About the NH i dream of
    - size of the NH and number of open slots
    - level or range of level from current members
    - location of neighbors (US/america, europe, asia or more specifically the country)
    - activity on a day (24h/24h or sleeping time)
    - language (english, french, ...)
    - "age range" of the nh (adults only/children allowed,...)
    - derby interest (competitive, relax, derby crazy, minimum request per task, requirement regarding the additional task)
    - league of the nh, performance (top 3), trophees,...
    - chat preference (talkative or not)
    - feeling regarding goodies exchange in nh (price set at default, at max or min inside nh, trading/exchange or sale)
    - preference for the town (NH with few/lot of active town)
    - additional rules or preference (drama-free is often a desirable characterist !)
    Last edited by matig; November 3rd, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Farm name : Chou de Bxl (#L2LR2YQL)
    Level 162 / Town 63
    NH: Arctic Valley
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...y-Neighborhood

Woah, thanks, that's a lot of info. Keep them coming.

Allow me to move this to Neighborhood discussion.
    Last edited by meonhoc; November 3rd, 2015 at 11:24 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Maggie StyleBook: 47/60 parts | 9/21 styles and counting

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 139♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

I think it could help to have the "looking for a Nh" posts set to no replies if that were possible to do, so recruiters needed to PM the OP, rather than digging up old requests and pasting in their hood recruitment ad, so bumping up the older posts where the OP has given no sign since of still being looking. It might also be good to give the advice to not reply or ask questions to Nh recruitment threads in a post, but rather to pm, so that the only bumping is a daily bump.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!