Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear mods, re: the neighbourhood recruitment boards...

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    For neighborhood that recruit:
    1/ What info are you looking for when you recruit? Is that player level? Their preference for derby task?
    2/ If you need to use the search function to find the accurate profile, what is the keyword you would use? (please list all of them)
    1. I look for age range, language(s) spoken, derby preferences, and purpose of wanting a neighborhood.
    2. (I don't understand #2; too confusing)

Quote Originally Posted by LetTheMusicPlay View Post
    If I were looking to join a NH, I would read the recruiting threads to get an idea of the leader/recruiter. If someone asks them a question about their hood, and they just copy and paste the same text file they're already spamming the rest of the forum with, then I'd probably lose interest. Those exchanges can be helpful in narrowing down which NHs to investigate further.
    What I do in the "looking for a neighborhood" section is that when I reply, I don't completely copy and paste my information about my neighborhood. At the top of each post I make, I make a personal note to the original person wanting a neighborhood. This is not complete "copy and paste" that can reduce interest, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalllyn View Post
    A few suggestions to help with the bumping issue:
    • currently with the headings you can sort by TITLE / THREAD STARTER, REPLIES / VIEWS, LAST POST BY; for the recruiting threads I think it would be more useful to be able to sort by the date of the original post.
    • have a resolved/closed option which differentiates from the open threads e.g. visible in the title (words or icons), different colour, moved to a different area. Also, only allow the originator to reopen or add additional posts once closed.
    • I don't know how practical this is in the forum, but being able to filter/search by the categories already mentioned by others in this thread, would be a great help (e.g. importance of: language, derby, chat, activeness, age (adults only), time-zones; helpfulness).

Saying this, even if these issues were resolved and we could find a perfect match, there is currently little value in my neighbourhood (and many others) using the recruitment forums. My neighbourhood has a common name, so it is almost impossible for potential new members to find us using the current search functionality in Hay Day. Our neighbourhood rarely appears in the results list, even if the search button is selected many times. I'm an android user so Game Centre isn't an option either. See Neighborhood Search for my suggestions.
    I do not see the option to sort threads by original posting date. The "Last Post By" option is there, but it brings the threads with the most recent posts while also disregarding the wanting of only having newer threads at the top. This, as others have said, creates an issue. I have and am witnessing the "curveballing" of the rules; people don't put neighborhood names on the direct title.
    Looking for a group in SC games? Go to threads for: Clash of Clans | Hay Day | Boom Beach
    Looking for a Discord server focusing on SC games? Go to: https://discord.gg/mTJg3Xu

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    After spending way too many years than I care to admit trying to write specifications to communicate things to people, I must disagree with this.

• It's easy to PM respond to a post.
    • Fielding the same question over and over in PM is a sign that the neighborhood description needs to be clarified.
      • If the leader figures that out and updates the thread, then Hooray for them. Their post will be better, they'll get more people, it will be easier on recruits. Everybody wins.
      • If the leader can't figure that out, well, I have no sympathy.

• Fielding questions that are truly weird one-off things ("Hi, is it Ok if I join mid week have a silo that is larger than my barn and only play between 3AM and 7AM?") is exactly the kind of stuff that should be in PM, and exactly the kind of stuff that you don't want bumping a recruiting thread.

Your reply does not take into account threads which are clearly written, yet certain readers, for a variety of reasons, still insist on additional clarification or additional information. I've not yet had a situation where I am repeatedly asked the same question time and again, or anything far off field, so I'll consider myself fortunate.
    I endeavour to provide as much detail as possible in my threads, and while I leave an open ended offer to contact me through PM, I find that option is used infrequently. I have had to respond to fewer than 5 PM's in my thread posting history. And none of those were regarding clarification of my thread posts. They are most typically asking if, for example, the entry level for NH membership could be lowered to accommodate newer players.

Enjoy Hay Day, YOUR Way!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for precious feedback and taking your time to go in so much details. The discussing is still going on, however I would like to come back to clarify my question.

Our problem currrently is the visibility of one hood seems to depend solely on a place on the first page, unless the hood has a unique name, it is quasi impossible to find it through forum search (even then, what would we put in search as keyword to find the hood we dream of). It should not be that difficult.

Some of you mention personalities of the player or playing habit. I would like to point out that those criteria are subjective and difficult to identify. What does active mean? Is it playing 2h daily or log in daily? What do you expect by helpful? Giving 50 sugar a day or always sell fish filet? For such criteria, I believe reading the post will give more accurate impression than just trust player who state they are helpful and active (how would one expect to be recruited if he/she doesn't say that?)

Now, could we imagine that the recruitment forum is a library and each thread is a book. In library books are classified in different ways (theme, author...). If we were to classify a neighborhood (hence the thread), what would be the criteria you use? (That's what I mean by keyword). What kind of element that when the hood/player does not have it, they are not worth considering anymore?

Right now, I think these are important for you to decide whether you keep reading their post or not, not sure how to categorize so it's still up for discussion:
    1/ language: english or non-english
    2/ age limit: adult-only / kid-accepted
    3/ nh size: 1-10 or 10-20 or 20-30

important info but difficult to use For classification (need definition) or too many answer possible
    4/ active in chat: do I tell stories or a simple "hi" is enough?
    5/ time zone/ country
    7/ purpose to join neighborhood / purpose to recruit : what does each side offer
    8/ derby preference: all task but low points? Only 320 points task (we know it's impossible without unlimited trashing in a hood)? Diamond task required? Missing a task is not a big deal? All horseshoes is enough (not aiming for top3)?
    ( this one sounds like the most complicated to categorize!!!!!)
    9/ ....

I realise each hood would have different/additional criteria (opinion on trading, hood philosophy, hood rules...) that would be more appropriate once the interest is confirmed.

The whole point of this big talk is to find a way to match player and recruiter quickly by following some simple criteria by showing them a list or threads that has potential. They then can spend more time to read the thread and decide whether they would like to apply/offer the help.

Now if I ask again, what are your top 5 simple objective criteria?
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Ghost appears randomly on the lake, well, on a regular basis. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 136♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Dalllyn View Post
    A few suggestions to help with the bumping issue:
    • currently with the headings you can sort by TITLE / THREAD STARTER, REPLIES / VIEWS, LAST POST BY; for the recruiting threads I think it would be more useful to be able to sort by the date of the original post.
    • have a resolved/closed option which differentiates from the open threads e.g. visible in the title (words or icons), different colour, moved to a different area. Also, only allow the originator to reopen or add additional posts once closed.
    • I don't know how practical this is in the forum, but being able to filter/search by the categories already mentioned by others in this thread, would be a great help (e.g. importance of: language, derby, chat, activeness, age (adults only), time-zones; helpfulness).

Saying this, even if these issues were resolved and we could find a perfect match, there is currently little value in my neighbourhood (and many others) using the recruitment forums. My neighbourhood has a common name, so it is almost impossible for potential new members to find us using the current search functionality in Hay Day. Our neighbourhood rarely appears in the results list, even if the search button is selected many times. I'm an android user so Game Centre isn't an option either. See Neighborhood Search for my suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProAlvi15n View Post
    I do not see the option to sort threads by original posting date. The "Last Post By" option is there, but it brings the threads with the most recent posts while also disregarding the wanting of only having newer threads at the top. This, as others have said, creates an issue. I have and am witnessing the "curveballing" of the rules; people don't put neighborhood names on the direct title.
    Yep, sorting by original posting date isn't an option currently. My suggestions are to Supercell (not to forum users) to have these changes. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Dalllyn; November 10th, 2015 at 05:09 AM.

Meonhc to help with my response, would you mind clarifying if the proposal requires Boolean answers and whether other options are a possibility such as minimum and maximum ranges? For instance, using your examples:

1/ language: english or non-english (Boolean only? Other languages not listed?)
    3/ nh size: 1-10 or 10-20 or 20-30 (could minimum and maximum be an option instead?)

Thanks

I would not opt for Boolean only. However consider the forum is english only, it makes little sense to have all the language written in the world listed. The idea is when you use one criteria and one category from it, you can have a list of some thread, not just "no result found", "1 thread from last year".... I would say that the category should depend on the sample ( characterisation of active nh recruiting on forum). We are not making the perfect search result for all nh in the game, but rather the most accurate search result amongst active NH on forum. Time will tell if we need to rework the category to adapt with future changes un the game.

Yes, suggest more category if needed, perhaps precise whether it is from player loking for nh size or nh expecting to grow into that size. For example if I'm looking for thread of a small NH(because I want lto merge), i would love to filter the result by current size, not minimum level.

We could have both, depends on how popular the criteria is.

Do I make myself clear?
    Last edited by meonhoc; November 10th, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

Ghost appears randomly on the lake, well, on a regular basis. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Thanks meonhoc.

Is this the kind of thing you are after? (sorry about going over 5).

• Language: English, other (discussed in thread)
    • Derby league preference: opted out, rookie, novice, professional, expert, ~champion~ (the other details can be discussed in the thread)
    • Derby task preference: no task, some tasks, all tasks - diamond optional, all tasks - diamond required
    • Players level: (min and max)
    • Chat preference types: none, responds to leaders messages, trade & derby only (buy/sell etc), sociable. (Further details discussed in thread.)
    • Neighborhood size: (min and max)
    • Time zone: (Players UTC time +/- x amount of hours)
    • Continents: Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Antarctica, Australia
    • Daily player: yes, no, not important
    • Team player (helpfulness): Yes/no. (some people don't care about the working together aspects of the game, but still like to derby/be in a neighbourhood). (Further details discussed in thread.)

* Each category allowing for multiple selections.

Whilst having a better search facility would be nice, I think most issues would be resolved (as discussed in my previous post (#17) in this thread) by being able to:
    * find the neighbourhood in the game itself,
    * sort by original post date, and
    * know if threads are closed or still open?
    Last edited by Dalllyn; November 10th, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

Thanks for explaining more, Meonhoc. So, there might be an overhaul of how we search for recruiting NHs? That's very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAlvi15n View Post
    What I do in the "looking for a neighborhood" section is that when I reply, I don't completely copy and paste my information about my neighborhood. At the top of each post I make, I make a personal note to the original person wanting a neighborhood. This is not complete "copy and paste" that can reduce interest, IMO.
    ProAlvi15n, I live for your posts. I appreciate how organized, specific, and thoughtful they are. Especially the organization. I don't have the same knack for that kind of organization, so when I see that kind of talent being evident, I experience a mixture of envy and awe. If I were looking for a NH, I'd bump my "looking for a NH" thread as much as the rules allow, and I'd be so pleased if you responded.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

If a member insists on bumping their thread more than once a day or starting multiple threads for their nh, I think they should at least get an infraction so next time they will be less enthusiastic about doing it. I mean I keep reporting them with detailed explanations but their threads just stay there and nothing happens. Could you please clarify this?
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Hi Dalllyn and everyone,

Your ideas are realy good, thank you so much. The game itselfs needs improvement to allow every hood to be searched. Clash and Boom has their own team tag that can be used to search for them, I hope it will come soon for Hay Day.

This thread is for the search on forum, not in-game.

However, the forum cannot afford all that search complexity so we will have to do with what we can right now. Please understand that the search on forum is different than search in game. Forum search looks for the word that matches the keyword entered, it is not sophisticated enough to compare the numbers or to answer a question.

For example: if you use keyword "level greater than 47", it searches for post that has the phrase "level greater than 47" and not the one with "level 59" or "level 134". Taking this into account, we are limited in the way we make the search feature to work for us.

We can look at this like this: a good recruitment thread should have both keywords that can be searched and information to clarify each point. So it can have this : "Current hood size: [10-20]" and explain later in the post what they would like the number to be. Also, a thread is not up to date in real time. Giving details about things that can change on daily basis will require more work for the recruiter to update the thread, giving the impression that the post gives false information when it is simply outdated.

There are good suggestions in this thread alone, but that doesn't mean their implementation will be easy. It will affect old threads (thousands of them), the way we handle the change (transition period) and more importantly how easy it is for our forum members to grasp the concept and to be able to enjoy the benefit of it.

I'll have a post soon summarizes all the criteria discussed and see how we (forum members) can have a benefit from the knownledge of it.

We (Moderators) have ideas for recruitment forum, not only Hay Day. We need time to consider all the effects that would create amongst forumer and for the recruitment process in long term. It's better not to change rules every week .

Dear Madeleine,

I am not sure how you associate "threads still there (is it closed?)" = "no infraction given". If you feel we miss them or the member seems to ignore our reminder, please let us know via the report tools.
    Last edited by meonhoc; November 11th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.