Table of Contents

Introduction

The Base & Speed Build

Mechanics / Concepts

Pros / Cons

Conclusion

Logs

Introduction

Hi there ! I'm Phoenix and welcome to my second base design thread. I'm not going to lie it took longer than I ever expected it to take when I first had gone to th9. I've gotten much more into war base designing than strictly farming bases so maybe that had something to do with it but let's not talk about that anymore. This base is special to me and I say that strictly because there's only been three bases that have held up and protected the resource most precious to me with my rushed defenses hypercube & safe and sound being two of those three. My goal strictly with this was de protection however I wanted edge obstacle spawning due to the ongoing cauldron event for halloween while I had this on for the week and every base I checked had wall pieces spread with extremely easy ways to take the resources.

Thank you Mungo, UC, Ash, Banana, Shadow, Avernicus, Orion, TheJ, Jordan & DokuganR for constantly giving me great feedback for my designs & inspiring me.

Huge Huge shoutout the the guys who adapted and made some variations of it!

The Base

Crows X-perimental

The TH10 Version

So the first thing you notice is what the hell is that huge thing Yes it indeed covers the entire map and I'm not sure if it is the first published base to do that but this allows you to take control. Attacker no longer can just snipe buildings and defenses to mess around with the defensive ring. It's also the first base I've made which doesn't need a specific set of walls say "lavas / legos needed" etc.

Speedbuilds

http://youtu.be/ummMV1iOCuA
    by Ash

https://youtu.be/Tvdk-jCnK6c by Brad

Mechanics & Concepts

The Core

The Core consists of the Clan castle, Double Archer towers, Double Xbows & Quad Teslas. The dps is 573 if everything is maxed for th9. This isn't enough to rip through tanks however they never approach the core (explained later) and is enough to rip through the AQ's 1324 hitpoints (maxed for th9).

With this I don't stop the tanks as there's no point in doing that or else the base can simply be overpowerpowered with spells / brute force. However why bother with tanks afterall they can't do anything if there are no troops left to actually attack non defensive structures.

AQ Funneled inwards and killed everytime as she has no tanks in front of her. She might get a tesla and archer tower but that won't be enough as the de storage is out of range.

Defensive Ring

This is the ring giants and golems will follow now one thing that is different between having walls so spread out as compared to inside is they cannot break this ring as easily as just dropping a few giants and funneling rest into the core.

Anti Wallbreaker Core

One Xbow and Two archer towers will always be free in core from tanky units and kill any spare delayed wallbreakers outsmarting the attacker thinking he can break in the core with that. However in the case wallbreakers pass through these defenses, small bombs are placed strategically to kill them instantly before they can explode.

Non Defensive Troop Funneling

The wings (also the reason why it is named what is) redirect the wizards and clump of archers onto the giant bomb with the closest structures being some of the tankiest defenses / buildings in game to hold them off while teslas shred the few who survive to pieces.

Pros

~ Anti Super-Queen

~ Looks Extremely Easy to Take Out (Welcoming Hits)
    ~ Gurantees Shield Due To Free Flow

~ Anti AQ Core
    ~ Unlurable CC (without breaking the walls)
    ~ Tank / High Dps troop separation
    ~ Ability to collect pine trees
    ~ Theoretically Unbreakable Defense Ring
    ~ Works at early stages of th9

Cons

Good Attackers
    Seriously Offense has always been twice if not more ahead of defense so all bases are meant to surprise and take advantage of mediocre attackers

Important Note for Youtubers

I won't stop anyone from making speedbuilds of this base and if you feel nice enough out of your heart you may leave the name of the creator in the description of your video but it isn't necessary. You won't be cursed at for anything in regards of that.

Songs I listened to while making this / Tweaking

ODESZA - Summer's Gone (Full Album)

EDEN - Wake Up

Oh Wonder - White Blood

EDEN - XO

ODESZA - White Lies

ODESZA - Say My Name (Ft. Zyra)

ODESZA - All We Need (Ft. Shy Girls)

Conclusion

I've come a long way from the first ever base I posted and I truly hope everyone enjoys this base to the fullest. It might be one of the more simpler bases out there however it works even with my horrible defenses which is one of the more rarer things. This base signifies my current mindset changing from compact complicated bases to a more simplistic yet cunning approach.

I will just say this once, there is no one best base out there and a smart will break through the base as the in clash of clans offense is always able to overpower the defense. Pros and cons are merely what we expect in our mind and reality can sometime differ as there a lot of randomness in deployment and ai acting the way it does sometimes.

This is the best base I have ever made but how long will it stay that way only time will tell ! May the BD101 subforum be filled with amazing concepts and designs forever & till the next base guys ! I shall leave you to the logs which will be in the next posts.

Last edited by Aphrodi; April 13th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.
    My TH9 DE Protection Base (Crows) : https://goo.gl/tMhFnK

Max TH11 : Co Leader - War Snipers 2.4

Logs

Last edited by Aphrodi; November 15th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

Last edited by Aphrodi; November 23rd, 2015 at 07:45 AM.

The problem, as I've found creating a similarly spread out base, is that obstacles will stop spawning regularly.

You would think that the standard number of obstacles would spawn in whatever space was available, even if that space was only the outside border. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

The game picks a 2x2 space at random and, if it's available, spawns an obstacle. If it's not available, you miss that spawn and have to wait for the next one.

With only the border of my base exposed, I sometimes wait days before I get an obstacle spawn.

I really wish Supercell would fix this, but I don't expect it will be high on their priority list.

Smexy

I'm so glad to finally see you post one of your designs after hyping up (and then down) three or four

Its also completely different from my caldron spawning design, which may or may not be a laby...
    [TH9-F] Inkstar

Sigpic by Aphrodi
    TH9 Lvl 108 | Clanless

List of BD Addicts, In Order
    When I die, I want "Humble" to be written on my grave.

THIRD! I too am into widely spread out bases ♥♥♥♥. They tend to be nicer with lava walls somehow

Awesome job and definitely a long wait for it to be published!

Looks Good!
    Chosen Gods|Town Hall 12+ Horde|Level 194|War Hero - 1784|Crystal Farming
    Legacy Division|Clan Level 16|Town Hall 9+|Wins 445|Losses 90
    Click Here for Discord

Hijacked for logs cause i can!

Last edited by Aphrodi; January 25th, 2016 at 09:38 PM.

Millennial Club
    A joke base that turned into something decent! Well done bud!

The only thing is that the edge needs to be ON THE EDGE in order to guarantee a cauldron. It requires a 2x2 space, and you currently have a 3x2 space. It's possible (like your gem box) to spawn it half-and-half.

Max TH11 | Level: 194 | 100 Stones 198 Magmas | BK: 45 | AQ: 45 | GW: 20 | 2bil GG & 2bil EE | 10.9m HH | 936 Stars
    Upgrading: Nothing
    Currently 14th highest war wins in the US and are now recruiting adult 8.5+ members! PM me for details

Hijacked for logsssssssssssssssss

Last edited by Aphrodi; January 9th, 2016 at 03:46 PM.