Thread: Crappy Derby Prizes Again!!!

Crappy Derby Prizes Again!!!

Our neighborhood finally gets First place and our prizes are bolts, screws, deeds, blah blah blah! Really?? One Low Level player in our group gets the horse topiary, the rest of us get ♥♥♥♥.
    Please...don't reply with the "it's all random" or "some players like getting screws". It's ♥♥♥♥ and we all know it. First Place prizes should be Decorations...and everyone in the neighborhood should get the same prizes!!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC123kk View Post
    Our neighborhood finally gets First place and our prizes are bolts, screws, deeds, blah blah blah! Really?? One Low Level player in our group gets the horse topiary, the rest of us get ♥♥♥♥.
    Please...don't reply with the "it's all random" or "some players like getting screws". It's ♥♥♥♥ and we all know it. First Place prizes should be Decorations...and everyone in the neighborhood should get the same prizes!!
    I experienced the same thing. It's super frustrating. I got three axe picks, 3 bolts and a bomb. I'm like what?! I could of got all those items in the horseshoe columns!!

One person's crappy gifts are another person's great prizes. My daughter plays daily bit only a couple of 15-30 minute periods so she rarely receives those things plus she is still very low level. She loves the extras she gets from the derby. She does 2-4 tasks out of 8, her nh doesn't mind and they have more cups than mine who are slightly more derby focused. Equally, we both prefer useful tools over useless decor items. She sells to her neighbors her extras too. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by godzsogood View Post
    One person's crappy gifts are another person's great prizes. My daughter plays daily bit only a couple of 15-30 minute periods so she rarely receives those things plus she is still very low level. She loves the extras she gets from the derby. She does 2-4 tasks out of 8, her nh doesn't mind and they have more cups than mine who are slightly more derby focused. Equally, we both prefer useful tools over useless decor items. She sells to her neighbors her extras too. Just saying...
    Sounds great. I just wish placing too 3 was something unattainable by not placing. Meaning someone who doesn't come in too 3 gets exactly what we won today. Might b great for you and your daughter but if a decor item is available and clearly is the top prize and only available to top 3, it should b given to those winners. And others like you and your daughter who don't mind the tools cause just play for horseshoes and win them there or in tool boxes on your land when opened. Just saying.

Derby prizes aren't worth the effort...we are losing players!

When the derby first began, we were all working hard to complete high point tasks and enjoying our prizes. We started trashing everything other than 320 tasks and would pay for the extra task and ended up in first place week after week.

Then, SuperCell started adding extra tasks...by the time we got to "expert" league we started to have second thoughts. We were all spending a LOT of time on our tasks, diamonds for the extra task and what did we earn? Bolts, planks, deeds, etc...nothing we really needed. Some players wanted to quit, but we talked them back. Let's just play for horseshoe prizes, we decided. That worked for a few weeks, but gradually people started to opt out.

This week, less than half our neighborhood is in the derby. People aren't playing as much as before, because the prizes aren't worth the effort. We can find bolts and planks through our normal game playing--harvesting fields, etc. Decorations are nice, but honestly, most of mine are in storage, since there isn't enough room to display them all. Diamonds would be a nice prize, since we could use them as we wish. At least give our neighborhood derby box a nicer appearance for being in a higher league?