Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Game changing update

Centennial Club
    I can assure u that it's legit & provide u with reasoning why & how

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maqs View Post
    So why is no-one ♥♥♥♥♥♥? They keep us on a leash, making us happy for nothing, getting us excited for a really really bad performance at ClashCon and not even have the decency to show us the full update log.
    From what I can tell, far too many people are ♥♥♥♥♥♥. ClashCon is an event where things are shown off that are coming way in the future. When you go to the video game conference E3 you don't expect every game shown to be out the next day. Frankly, if TH11 comes out before next summer that is pretty good considering where the announcement was made. ClashCon is not a place to release normal sneak peaks.

As for game-changers, the new defense may indeed lead to significantly different types of attacks where people release fewer troops at a time in order to keep the new defense from activating. That indeed would change the way the game is played, which would be the very definition of a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    It would have been nice of you to post this in the weeks leading up to Clashcon when the forums were buzzing with the "Game Changing" update. Are you saying we should disregard what youtubers say about updates when it's supercell themselves who gives them the content to publish beforehand? There isn't one person at Supercell who can't check a youtubers 3 minute pre-update video to verify there is no misinformation in it? I am just confused by your post since these youtubers have been a vital part of Supercells updates in the past.
    I did actually, several times in fact.
    Im saying that its not official, unless SuperCell themselves say so.
    Giving them video content is irrelevant. I could give you a peanut, and you can go and make a video about your new coconut, its the youtubers wording, not supercells.
    If they were employed by SuperCell, it might be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    It would have been nice of you to post this in the weeks leading up to Clashcon when the forums were buzzing with the "Game Changing" update. Are you saying we should disregard what youtubers say about updates when it's supercell themselves who gives them the content to publish beforehand? There isn't one person at Supercell who can't check a youtubers 3 minute pre-update video to verify there is no misinformation in it? I am just confused by your post since these youtubers have been a vital part of Supercells updates in the past.
    Ok sorry to start on this note but I dont agree with few things you said...

First and foremost the youtubers are not SC employees...They can say what they want... I remember some of the big youtubers expressing disappointment on the design or why SC wouldnt do somethings - for ex Heros during war etc.. Bottomline is youtubers are at liberty to express their opinion pretty much like you and me... they just have a larger number of people who listen to them...

SC does take the help of youtubers to get the updates out but they dont control their opinion... if this was the case am sure some of the guys would have stopped collaborating with SC already... So all the points about SC checking videos and monitoring doesnt make sense

Secondly no one person can say if its game changing or not... I think phrase itself is quite interesting... when clan wars came it was certainly game changing for some clans... some of the clans dont war at all and for them the game hasnt changed at all... So to say if the update is Game-Changing or to say it is not is not something one person can do and should do... it just individual opinion

It is unfortunate that you dont like what was announced, I wasnt too excited too...as some of them already said this is not the only content that will be in the update..so may be the content that is yet to be announced could be good for you... if not, you still like the game dont you thats why you are still playing and on forums...so clash on!!
    Clan Name: Ghosts Rising
    TH10 - Lvl 112

It was all set up for a huge bang but Super Cell flat out dropped the ball. They had everyone's attention to tell us why people should invest their time in this game and talk to us about the direction they want to take.

Instead all we got were a few unprofessional screen captures and a very very poor presentation. It blows my mind that they put so much work into this even but absolutely failed to maximize the impact.

Now here we are days later with no follow up, no teasers, no professional images, no sneak peaks, no clarification... nothing. Very disappointing to say the least.
    Leader of clan Ironclads. We are always looking for new members. We value camaraderie, teamwork, and maturity. We war once a week thanks to the Opt In/Out feature that gives players choice! Chat is kept clean and respectful. Come by and say hi!

Every update is game-changing. They all affect the game in one way or another.
    Level 156 - Town Hall 11
    BH7
    Clan: Karma Rising
    TH9 25.1.16 TH10 1.8.17 TH!! 17.9.18

Good comment worth repeating

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    I posted this yesterday, but its among 1,500 other posts. So will post again here.

Okay. Let's clear this up.
    This is the one and only thing that was stated by supercell about the update.

Never did they say it would be released at ClashCon. Never did they hype it up more, that was done by clashers themselves. They didn't even say "game changing" - That was done by youtubers (however, you guys don't know what's to come, and it most surely is game changing).
    I'm sorry if you're expectations were not met, I'm sorry if you feel disappointed. But to blame supercell when they literally did nothing to hype up about the update, is plain wrong.
    Just watch Ilkka's speech, where he states "This event is not about supercell, it's about the fans of the game, and rumour is, there may be a sneak peek of what's to come."

Now, save your negative thoughts about this update, until you know what's actually in the update. Enjoy the longer than usual sneak peek schedule that's still to come.

-Lach
    Yes! Thank you Lach.
    The hype was really created by forum fans and youtubers. The game is great as it is. Any updates that come along are just icing on the cake. And if you don't like the game, then quit playing and don't forget to leave your collectors out
    TH10 Level 143. Lavas & 23 Legos. Playing since Nov 2012. Currently at 10 total xmas trees (since 2012).
    Clan: Dead Man Rising, level 7 war clan
    Chief name: Dark Huntress. Yeah that's right... GIRL power!
    Just don't even THINK about touching my DE.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkBill View Post
    Amen to that lol.....it is mind-blowing how many people come on here and post gripe after gripe after whine after complaint. I mean we all have our issues and/or dislikes of the game, but to go outta ones way to constantly let others know about it baffles me. Just sit back, relax and be patient and see what happens maybe before bashing SC on a daily basis on how YOU feel they're lacking in PR skills or how they choose to run their business. Cause in the end we alllllll know you'll still play (and maybe even buy gems) when they day is up😉. Oh....and even if you don't...there are MILLIONS of others that still will😜

Now I'm unsure if some of these "YouTubers" get paid by SC, but if they aren't then ya can't exactly hold SC responsible for what the YouTubers say in their videos w regards to them using "game changing" all too often in these videos.

Be be all end all none of this or really anything w regards to this game should be taken so damn personally or effect you on a personal level. If it does then there are other issues that need addressing in your life lol. Its supposed to be FUN!!.....if its not for you, then set your storages outside along w TH and walk away.....quietly😏
    I happened upon a slight error from a popular youtuber that I won't name..anyway , long story short, he dropped the name of a company that landed an interview with supercell about 1 week before clashcon,where they were given confirmation of th11 & a new hero...& they advertised it. I'll share the link I have with u & u will see so far he has picked 2 from 8 & those 2 being th11 & hero are quite dull compared to some other content. Anyway here it is...u now know the full update👍🏼
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/10...xpect/?gbmsl=1

Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    I posted this yesterday, but its among 1,500 other posts. So will post again here.

Okay. Let's clear this up.
    This is the one and only thing that was stated by supercell about the update.

Never did they say it would be released at ClashCon. Never did they hype it up more, that was done by clashers themselves. They didn't even say "game changing" - That was done by youtubers (however, you guys don't know what's to come, and it most surely is game changing).
    I'm sorry if you're expectations were not met, I'm sorry if you feel disappointed. But to blame supercell when they literally did nothing to hype up about the update, is plain wrong.
    Just watch Ilkka's speech, where he states "This event is not about supercell, it's about the fans of the game, and rumour is, there may be a sneak peek of what's to come."

Now, save your negative thoughts about this update, until you know what's actually in the update. Enjoy the longer than usual sneak peek schedule that's still to come.

-Lach
    And when can we expect the longer than usual sneak peek schedule to begin?
    Mark Your Calendars: "Clan Wars" Update Coming April 22, 2014. You heard it here first!
    (Source: None. Corroborrating Evidence: Zilch)
    Clan Tournaments: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...an-Tournaments

Centennial Club
    You people need to chill out. They said that obsticles will stay on the outside with the map size increase. What else do you need? Greedy people. Just kidding. But for actual. You complainers sound like a bunch of self entitled rich kids. That being said...Go tell your parents SC won't release the update until it's ready, and make sure they sue the update out of them. That'll teach SC to deliver game content when they feel it's ready.

These forums are seriously toxic. Like regular day posting is ever horrific. But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.

SC provided a game that millions around the world play. They cater to the mass and not singular wishes. They developed the game and they can develop future update however they wish. I have complained about the heros while upgrading in wars multiple times. The reasoning behind the unavailability is a load of ♥♥. But I don't bash them about it. I just make jokes about it. You people are being straight up rude.

I have always felt global was the biggest train wreck SC has to try and manage but I'm starting to become clear it's actually the forums. You people should all take a minute and appreciate the hours you have spent playing this game and thank the people that developed it for you.

Ps SC I'm still waiting on that A+ cauldron locations so feel free to visit me and plop it in the designated locations