Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really SC?

Really SC?

Our neighborhood is in first place with over 16,000 points and the prizes are screws, planks and bolts! These items are a dime a dozen in the RSS! (

I wish I could get that many points in the derby but others in my neighbourhood just simply can't be bothered participating and make everyone else suffer

Level: 64
    Neighborhood: MEMYSELFI (Blue Bat on Pink Heart) Tag: #PCU89Q99
    Playing Since: 16 February 2013
    Details Updated: April 2019

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalsOfRoyalty View Post
    I wish I could get that many points in the derby but others in my neighbourhood just simply can't be bothered participating and make everyone else suffer
    I too have been in that type of neighborhood, so I was really excited to be in an active hood. We are all putting a lot of time and effort into this ! It was my understanding that the higher points the greater prize ? Where are all the cool deco's that I see on other people's farms, supposedly from winning the derby?

I'd actually be really happy if I got barn items as prizes People's tastes differ. That said, I agree that there should be more variety. And yeah, the higher horseshoes aren't significantly better.
    Last edited by Catwalk; October 25th, 2015 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeRubsam View Post
    I too have been in that type of neighborhood, so I was really excited to be in an active hood. We are all putting a lot of time and effort into this ! It was my understanding that the higher points the greater prize ? Where are all the cool deco's that I see on other people's farms, supposedly from winning the derby?

The prizes are awarded randomly, like a raffle. The more horseshoe checkpoints you reach, and winning a trophy, grants you more opportunities to win a prize, but even with 8 checkpoints and a gold trophy, your prizes are still random and might all be unattractive to you, or one or two might contain the item you hoped for. But random.

Additionally, everyone in the hood gets different prizes, so you might get saws and your neighbour will get a rocking horse. Them's just the breaks.

Winning all your horseshoes and a trophy will give you the most opportunities (or raffle tickets if we stick with my analogy) but the bottom line is that it does not guarantee better type of prizes. Some items seem more likely to turn up in the trophy prizes than horseshoe columns, such as the big horse topiary, but again a trophy does not guarantee a special item.

Not saying that is how it should be, just giving you a realistic description of what you can reasonably expect.
    Last edited by pitchfork; October 25th, 2015 at 09:51 AM.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeRubsam View Post
    Our neighborhood is in first place with over 16,000 points and the prizes are screws, planks and bolts! These items are a dime a dozen in the RSS! (
    I wish i had your DD if you have plentyful planks. yes, the prizes are the same since derby started. For me, not worth the stress some put on winning derbies. I guess the satisfaction of winning is your best prize

It feels a little as if the same prizes have been spread more thinly -- I expect that's not really true but it feels like it!
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

There is no good reason not to offer better prizes in the derby. SC gets happier players with simple means.

To each their own

I prefer the prizes in general now. I have the choice to reshuffle them. I like getting cheeses and dairy products, lobsters, planks, even vouchers. Some people love decor but I happen to hate 80% of them especially the big gold ones. So, I love being able to reshuffle them and get some things I like better than the random event level prizes or mid-level prizes or toolbox, floating chests, mystery net, or random drops for harvesting or feeding animals. At least we have a bit of a CHOICE. Nowhere else in the game is there even a hint of that.

Once again shuffling means diamonds in hopes of better prizes, I agree with Catwalk that SC should hand out better prizes then planks, screws, or dairy products, all which we can make or find in fields or even in the paper.

Happ players means better business for SC.