Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby task deleted

Derby task deleted

Once again a member of our NH deleted a derby task he was working on. It was an egg task and he only had 10 more eggs to collect to complete the task. Since his task was almost finished he began deleting low point tasks from the derby board.

Now I know everyone is going to say "he must have accidentally deleted his own task" but that is not what happened here.

Since someone in our Nh seems to "lose" a task each week... All of our members have been informed to watch what they are doing and watch all messages before deleting any task

this member was watching the messages while deleting low pt tasks. He picked an 80 pt task and hit the trash can. The message prompted "do you want to delete this task". NOT the message that everyone says prompts if you are deleting your own task....something like "you are about to delete your current task you will lose a task if you continue"

he confirmed to delete the low point task and the screen flickered and he lost his egg task. Someone else was also deleting tasks at the same time and it appears that they trashed the task before he could confirm to trash it. It appears that when he confirmed to trash that task there wasn't really a task to trash because it had already been trashed by someone else therefore it trashed his task without warning or confirmation.

We had this last Derby and we are all VERY careful too. There is definitely another issue beyond it still being too easy to do.

Our NH had a long discussion today about how current tasks keep getting deleted. Several members have said they did not get any type of message that they were about to delete their own task. They swear they were trashing low point tasks and when they hit the trash can their current task was deleted with NO warning or confirmation. The screen flickers and their task is GONE!!

These members also say this has happened when they were trashing low point tasks and another member may have also been trashing tasks at the same time.

It certainly seems like a glitch to me and it seems to happen when a member taps on a low point task and another member also taps on that same task. The task is visible to both members on each of their individual devices. When one member hits the trash can and confirms to delete the task the task is then gone from their screen...the task does not go away from the other members screen...or any type of message that says "this task has been deleted by another member" The screen stays in tact for the member that has not taken any action on the low point task. When they then hit the trash can, the task is really not there to delete because it has already been deleted by another member. There is no confirm message because the task is no longer there. It instead deletes your current task without warning...a glitch in the system.

This really needs to be fixed because it happens way too often... at least once a week to someone in our NH and it is frustrating!! We are all very careful and read prompts on the derby board before doing any action but this still continues to happen!!!

There should be a different confirmation to delete your own current task...No one in our NH has EVER wanted to delete a task they were currently working on.

At the very least we should be able to pay diamonds to reactivate a task in progress that was deleted

I think I know what is happening!!!!!

Today, I completed a 320 truck task. So, I went to the derby syand and you get the galloping horses tab. If you are like me, after 20-30 seconds as they slowly move, I tapped over to the task tab. This is WHEN IT HAPPENED!!!!

Normally, you completed task rips off so you can select another task and THE TASK I JUST COMPLETED DID NOT TEAR OFF LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO!!!! I was hunting through the available tasks and there it sat, completed but not torn off. I think I closed the derby stand and went back in. Nope, still hanging out there. So, I went back to the horse tab again for another 30-45 seconds and when I hit the task tab, it FINALLY ripped off so I could select a new task.

I have no idea why that happened but I am sure this is a bug and it is why completed tasks are being trashed. They are not, under unknown circumstances, tearing off from the task tab properly and automatically so selecting a new task causes the old one to get trashed.

I also suspect that if two members are trashing the same tasks at the same time while you have a non-completed task, one of them will delete their current task and not the intended one.
    Last edited by godzsogood; October 23rd, 2015 at 03:19 AM.

My task disappeared

Same story. Started a second fishing task a short time ago. I just went in to the game to fish and the task had disappeared.😡😡
    I certainly did not trash it accidentally and I have reported it to SC but not expecting any action. This has happened to me before with no result. SC please fix this glitch. They did not acknowledge that the glitch even exists last time.😠😠😠
    I will now have to spend diamonds to do 8 tasks and am unable to take a 9th if I wanted too.

Farm Level 183. Town 56 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Fresh Spawn

Please fix it!

Our NH has been dealing with the same issue. It is VERY easy to delete your current task - why is this even an option? Hay Day if you can't remove the option can you put it someone else or make the screen turn red or something... Very frustrating for the whole team specially when this new level derby races are so close.
    next update maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by LMcClure922 View Post
    Our NH has been dealing with the same issue. It is VERY easy to delete your current task - why is this even an option? Hay Day if you can't remove the option can you put it someone else or make the screen turn red or something... Very frustrating for the whole team specially when this new level derby races are so close.
    next update maybe?

This is is NOT the same issue. There are --many-- two different issues here. Yours being it is too easy to delete your own task, which is annoying but avoidable if you are careful and the other where tasks are vanishing when people aren't even playing, are in town or doing other things nowhere near the board to trash them themselves. This needs fixing far more urgently because you can't avoid it happening by simply being careful.

Boat Task Disappeared

Same thing happened to me. Mine was a 320 boat task. I had 4 out of 6 boats completed. Came back to fill another boat, task gone. Task shows a trash can sign next to it on the completed task list I did not delete the task, or mistakenly delete the task.
    I have written supercell, and sent a screenshot.

gc: ~mattiew~
    level 125 player

Below are my suggestions originally posted in: My 2nd task ended bt itself before completed

Originally Posted by Dalllyn
    Whenever the derby station refreshes (due to internet connections, after deleting a task, someone else deleting a task at the same time, etc.) the task you're currently working on is automatically highlighted. Could the issue (in theses cases), be solved by Supercell changing the default, so you're working task isn't automatically selected? Additionally, having the warning message a different colour for working tasks and/or having a description (picture/text) of the task you're trashing in the warning message, may help to reduce accidental deletions of current tasks?

Boat Task Part Deux

And we just lost the derby, got third place. If my missing task had been there, we would have had first place. Yes, it was that close. Seriously annoyed.

gc: ~mattiew~

ps, this problem did not happen while deleting tasks.