Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Isotope | Series of Meta Anti-3 TH9 War Bases

Project Isotope | Series of Meta Anti-3 TH9 War Bases

Here I will be posting the base designs solely, in case people just wanted to see the base and not look at all the concepts.

DISCLAIMER: All these bases were tested by max TH9s and should be used accordingly. These are designed for near max defenses and lots of Lego wall TH9s.

Base #1: Fission

If you want to read up on the though process and concepts behind this base click here
    Base #2

Base #3

Base #4

Base #5

Base #6

I would just like to thank my amazing clan 40sand9s for helping me to publish these bases and being very encouraging.

I am part of the clan 40sand9s, a 3 star orientated war clan with TH7s-TH10s, with the bulk being TH9s. If you want to join, click on the link below and about us and if you think we are the right fit, please do apply.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...21-War-Farming

If you want to see some great War raids from our clan, please visit Clash with Aco - our clanYouTuber. A link this channel can be found below.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCgQN0oCBTm85m80N90joUyA

Thanks for reading
    - J
    Last edited by TheJ; October 21st, 2015 at 07:04 AM.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Clash Royale: 4000+ Cups (Retired) | Brawl Stars: 5000 Trophies, 16 Brawlers

Base #1: Fission | Offset Queen War Base

Hello and welcome to Base #1 of my new Project Isotope base series. With the recent success of my Triton TH9 Anti-3 war base, Ive decided to continue designing and publishing war bases to help the war community. Base #1, or 'Fission' as I call it, is a new meta base designed to protect the 3 star, not 2 stars. With the new max attack strategy and the lack of new meta anti-3 star war bases, I have decided to now release my war base series.

The Base

CC Radius

Wall and Traps

Wall Skeleton

Defense Density

Basic Overview

This base is solely meant to defend 3 stars, and as such can be easily 2 starred.
    • 3 logical DGB Locations
    • Multiple logical single giant bomb locations
    • 12 compartments
    • Offset Queen
    • ADs away from queen, stops shatter LaLoon
    • Centralized CC
    • Springs placed to prevent surgical hogs
    • Shallow X-Bows to force heal drops prematurely
    • Doubled up SAMs
    • Air mines away from ADs and out of standard hound pathing as best possible
    • Storages protect defensive assets

Base versus GoLaLoon

The off-set queen base basically removes the option of having a productive shatter LaLoon. At best they can take 1 AD and the queen but all the traps are on the opposite sides, meaning a LaLoon should ultimately fail. Not much to say about this to be honest, offset queen style bases stop this option,

Base versus GoHo

The base uses two singles and a double giant bomb set as a primary defenses against GoHo. The hog paths are directly into the singles from the side, and force a heal. The double set is designed as the way in which attackers should come in to kill queen, but due to the depth in relation to the queen positioning, it will require a jump and most likely a rage, unless the attacker lures CC which will press them for time. The GB opposite that will force Pre-heals wasting the spells. The north compartment is the hog kill compartment. The dual teslas in that area should be healed over, but the GBs will force the attacker to spend their heals early. The double-way spring should take out parts of the hog pack whole the teslas mow down the horde.

Most attackers will go on the right side of the base with a stoned GoHo, look at the image below. A jump spell will connect their killsquad from the DGB set to the queen, but will require 2 spells to break through and do it efficiently. Look below to see what I mean.

Blue Arrows = Killsquad entering
    Red Cirlce = Rage Spell
    Green Circle = Jump Spell
    Yellow Circles = Spots where heals should, or must be dropped

The base should require 5 spells, and that is not possible for a TH9 to take out. However it may be possible with surgical hogs.The image below shows the general defensive troop pathing, hogs and balloons, to each defense.

Blue Lines = Hogs/Loons pathing

The pathing is generally what makes or breaks a surgical hog raid, but due to the manipulation of taking out certain defenses it is nearly impossible to tell. However to stop a surgical hog attack, shallow X-Bows are used which force heals on them due to the high HP they possess. While this is occurring, a number of point defense will concentrate on them. The springs are also placed in a way that hogs that go inwards will trigger them. This is the best a base builder can do to defend against surgical hogs.

Base versus The MAX Attack

This attack is quickly becoming prevalent, and with the power it gives the attacker you can see why. The attacker needs to get usually 3 ADs in the GoLaLoon version - which isn't possible. But the attack can still be done if they take 2. The most logical place to start would be the west side, and use an EQ to break through to the queen, take a look at the image below to see what I mean.

Red Lined Out Section = Section Killsquad takes out
    Orange Lined Out Section = Extra area they make take out
    Green Cirlces = Defenses that cannot be tanked by hounds
    Red Circles = Defenses that will lock onto a hound
    Yellow Circle = Push-Back defenses (sweeper)
    White Circles = Air Traps
    Red Lines = Hounds
    Blue Lines = Loons

As you can see, if they do attack from the left side, it leaves the LaLoon army at a disadvantage. The right and bottom section of the base contains all the air traps, and without spells can deal with a. Massive blow. The number of defenses locking onto hounds should pop them quickly, but there are also 3 defenses which will only target loons - the key one is the archer tower, as it is surrounded by air mines.

The attacker may also choose to go on the right, which isn't as logical due to a larger spacing gap between the ADs. The image below shows the area that will be taken out generally with the killsquad and the defenses targetting hounds, traps and the assets in a LaLoon raid.

Red Lined Out Section = Section Killsquad takes out
    Orange Lined Out Section = Extra area they make take out
    Green Cirlces = Defenses that cannot be tanked by hounds
    Red Circles = Defenses that will lock onto a hound
    Yellow Circle = Push-Back defenses (sweeper)
    White Circles = Air Traps
    Red Lines = Hounds

The right side has more defenses that will target solely loons, more high DPS teslas but less air traps. In my opinion, this balances the two sides out.

The other type of MAX attack is using hogs. It is basically using all spells, breaking into the base then spamming hogs right round. This negates DGBs and sometimes GBs, and is very hard to defend against. However, if a wizard tower is able to target the hogs that hit a GB - in 2 shots they are killed. Attackers will generally try and negate the double set, and release hogs onto the left side. This leaves them to face 3 teslas, 2 GBs with Wizard tower coverage. Ill just demonstrate what I mean through another image below.

Red Lines Out Section = Section Killsquad takes out
    Blue Lines = Where hogs are dropped
    Green Lines = Wizard Towers targetting GBs
    Yellow Circles= High DPS Structures (Teslas)
    White Circles = Traps

The section the killsquad takes out may be exaggerated, as the attack uses generally 2 golems but that is the maximum they can take out - and I prefer to compare things to the extremes, not the averages. As you can see, this base is no walk-in-the-park for a MAX Attack,mbut is definitely possible.

Base versus Queen Walks

Queen walks are one of the best but most risky strategies to pull off at TH9 level. If it does work however, the reward is extreme - allowing key defenses to to be taken out and removing giant bomb spots and sometimes even air defenses. The key of this attack is encountering point defense one at a time, and I found this to be incredibly hard to not do while still distributing the defenses in a way that protects the base as a whole. The image below shows the defenses that will be countered and how many at a time.

Blue Arrows = Where queen is dropped and will walk
    Yellow Lines = Point defense that will target one at a time, and splash
    Orange Lines = Point Defense that will encounter to at a time
    Red Lines = Defenses that target 3 at a time

As you can see, there is one side where a queen walk is a risk - the right side. This side also offers a great reward, but its shallow X-Bows which can negate he effects of 1-2 healers and the teslas it is a death trap. Shallow X-Bows, shallow teslas and staggered point defense are the only real defense against this strategy.

Base versus GoLo

This is a key concern many have when using an offset queen style base, however it isn't to be worried much about. The attacker will need to take out all 4 ADs, which is possible, but also use a jump to get into the queen compartment as she will not jump the wall into the core. This forces a lot of spell usage onto the GoWiWi component, but the backed loons aren't plausible either. The number required would be too great to allow the attacker to sufficiently sustain the killsquad.

Blue Lines = Where loons go in
    Green Lines = Next target after initial defense is destroyed
    Red Lines = Defenses targetting loons initially
    Orange Lines = Defenses that target loons after they go to the next defense

The base has staggered air defenses, meaning a back-end looning requires an absurd and uneconomical amount of loons to make it possible. The archer tower on the south is, in my opinion,the best killer over 2v1 loons. It can take out loons trying to get a free defense and if they try to take it out, they are bombarded with air traps and wizard tower fire.

Base versus Straight LaLoon

Not really capable of 3'ing at near max TH9 level, but has a high chance of 3'ing fresh TH9s. If they don't kill the queen, she is in her own little area and can kill some of the loons as they enter. The air defenses cover each other to an extent, and can hopefully burn rough the hounds quickly as well doubled up Seeking Air Mines which can melt the lava hounds down to pups. One primary aspect of LaLoon defense is wizard towers away from the ADs, however since LaLoon isn't my primary concern this hasn't been fully taken into consideration.

Red Arrows = Where Wizard Towers Hit ADs
    Green Arrows = Safe Radius
    Green Lines = Boundaries

As you can see those wizard towers that do hit the ADs only cover one main side, so they arent fully able to be tanked.

Base versus GoXXXX
    Does the base have 11+ compartments? Yes, this base will stop a TH9 GoXXXX from 3'ing it.

Concluding

If you have beared with me this far, thanks for taking the time to read up on it and feel free to use the base. I would like to thank a few people who without their help I wouldn't be able to publish this base. Thanks to my war base testing group, and the testers of this base (Base #2):
    • ChosenW
    • IlDiavolo
    • DomDom
    • ArfArf

With that, TheJ signing off.
    Last edited by TheJ; October 18th, 2015 at 10:52 PM.

Coming soon!

Reserved...

Reserved yet again. Just a couple more

Reserved again...

...and again. Last reserve, feel free to post now!

Banned
    Looks like you went absolutely all out on even the first base design.. It looks great btw, cant wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSuspiciousSuspect View Post
    Looks like you went absolutely all out on even the first base design.. It looks great btw, cant wait for more!
    Not quite all out

Thanks for the comment

Prepare for this base to be loaded in every war template ♥♥♥♥. Nice work and v progressively thought out. Cheers!

Edit: will post further thoughts later

Edit2:

Really impressed with the logic and pathing laid out for each type of comp used in wars. Will definitely do well against the mindless GoWiPers like myself Imo, queen kill is fairly easy (using a king swap) or a golem + kill squad. But as u've pointed out, coming from that direction makes LaLoon pointless.

This may sound odd, but if i hit from the queen direction with a GoWiVa, it's gonna be a different story altogether. Because of how geared this base is towards LaLoon, GoHo and GoLo, a well executed GoWiVa might do quite well against this base.

3 possible locations for earthquakes and then Ragnarok with Valks. But for a TH9, that leaves only 2 normal spells (rage + heal) or (heal + heal) or (rage + rage). But for a TH10, they have additional spell slots that would totally synergise with this comp. But then again, how often do u see GoWiVa? Queen can be ignored (imo) using GoWiVa because of how she falls within a heartbeat given those mighty swings.

And also, with the latest video on maxed lightnings used on heroes, the queen area can be totally negated without the use of a kill squad.. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Avernicus; October 19th, 2015 at 01:15 AM.