Thread: Mortar way to powerful

Fresh Spawn

Question Mortar way to powerful

I don't know if other are experiencing this but one mortar shell will kill all my archers. My arches are currently level 3 with 28 hit points. If I attack someone with a level two or three mortar which has only 5 or 6 damage they kill my archers in one shot. I don't get this? It makes incredibly hard to kill a mortar behind a wall with arches when they all get killed in one shot when it should take 4 or 5 shots. Is anyone else having this problem?

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ealb123 View Post
    I don't know if other are experiencing this but one mortar shell will kill all my archers. My arches are currently level 3 with 28 hit points. If I attack someone with a level two or three mortar which has only 5 or 6 damage they kill my archers in one shot. I don't get this? It makes incredibly hard to kill a mortar behind a wall with arches when they all get killed in one shot when it should take 4 or 5 shots. Is anyone else having this problem?
    It's not damage per shot. It's damage per second. The mortar fires once every 4-5 seconds.

Mortars excel at killing groups of troops. They suck against giants, PEKKAs, or anything that flies. The also have a deadzone that you can take advantage of.

Don't deploy a large group of troops within range of one without having a plan to take it out.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    It's not damage per shot. It's damage per second. The mortar fires once every 4-5 seconds.

Mortars excel at killing groups of troops. They suck against giants, PEKKAs, or anything that flies. The also have a deadzone that you can take advantage of.

Don't deploy a large group of troops within range of one without having a plan to take it out.
    It still doesn't make sense to me, so the mortar does 24 damage per shot, 6 damage a second times 4 seconds per shot?

I realize that the point of a mortar is to hit more then one troop at a time but the extra targeting is suppose to come at the cost of less damage per shot. To me it should still take more then one shot to kill the troops whether its targeting one or 100 troops.

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    It still doesn't make sense to me, so the mortar does 24 damage per shot, 6 damage a second times 4 seconds per shot?

I realize that the point of a mortar is to hit more then one troop at a time but the extra targeting is suppose to come at the cost of less damage per shot. To me it should still take more then one shot to kill the troops whether its targeting one or 100 troops.
    Correct. Whatever the DPS is times how often it shoots.

Higher level troops vs. a lower level mortar will survive a shot or two.

The point of the mortar isn't to just hit more than one troop at a time. The point of the mortar is to -kill- groups of troops.

As I mentioned there are many ways to counter a mortar. Another way is to take advantage of its slow shot rate. Send one troop in, let it fire, then send a group to take it out. You can also spread troops out around it.

Mortars have always been really powerful ...They're also not very smart, and ignore air troops.... How about ,when you wait way too long to download a game that's been a best seller for months , not post a meaningless thread thats already available .. Global is full of noobs every night, would be nice to see the forum contain mostly useful threads

But then,any thread is pretty much useless ,since the developers are "whatever, we will get around to it eventually, but only if we see profit in it "

So go ahead and make up useless threads to your hearts desires,as the only persons job thats harder , is the admin that gets responsibility for the forums. But then that's kinda their fault ,or their bad luck,depending on how you look at it,to be associated with such a lame developer as Supercell ..Gee ,how about next you add a building that lets you multiply gem purchases, ya know for players like Panda , who spend $6000 in a month ... Now he can spend $6000 in a day ,and Supercell will be amazed with their brilliance... Your welcome .... Ya greedy douches ... Fix the match system already

P.S. I'm aware that the "meat" of my thread covers several different threads info within itself, but "frankly my dear , I just don't give a damn" --- unless you give me $$$--- oops,pulled a Supercell
    Last edited by HBCA25; October 11th, 2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Edited a typo,because I give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by HBCA25 View Post
    But then,any thread is pretty much useless ,since the developers are "whatever, we will get around to it eventually, but only if we see profit in it "
    And why should they devot time to something that has no profit? You work for free?

Giants, wizards, and even high level barbarians are more resistant to mortars. If you are going to attack with archers, spread them out. Carry extra wall breakers to put extra holes, and attack in waves, a few at a time, rather than large groups. Large groups are also vulnerable to bombs.
    Clan Leader of The Bullies clan. "We need your gold more than you do."

Join the Clash of Clans community blog at COCBLOG.COM.