Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Nagging Questions About HD Gameplay:

  1. #1
    Senior Member mybluemitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    432

    Nagging Questions About HD Gameplay:

    Since about 20 levels ago I've been writing down questions I have had to ask everyone their advice, opinions, viewpoints, etc. about some of the going-ons of Hay Day play. And I'd like to apologize right off the bat for my lack of activity on the forum. Goodness what a lazy-♥♥♥♥ I've been in respect to that and I'm sorry all! I have Forced myself to come and at least post these questions that I have been meaning to do for so long. Please feel free to answer any and/or all questions you'd like. Of course I am most grateful, and hopefully some of these will be helpful to others also!
    (Note: some of these have been answered fantastically already by fellow helpful and knowledgeable forumers, so I’m asking again just to get others’ opinions, etc).

    Let’s start very elementary.
    1. Sometimes when you have clicked on an ad and go into someone’s RSS, a horn honk sounds. At first I thought it meant that the item advertised was gone—not the case. And it’s not the other person’s actual truck honking. What is this and why?


    2. Has anyone ever been in someone’s farm and come across any activity that is visible like harvesting crops or moving items around? Aside from the RB, I have yet to see anyone actually doing anything. Maybe it’s not possible to witness any such activity??

    3. Quite a few times I have gone to check someone’s boat crate to see if I can help and then realize that they have the Exact same item(s) up for sale in their RSS! What? I don’t get it.??

    4. There are a lot of farmers who have their NH house repaired but they do not have a logo up by their farm name. One answer is that they simply do not have/are not in a NH, right? What are some other reasons??


    5. RB crates—How come some people don’t just go and comb the DD for those extra 10 potatoes or 2 carrrot pies instead of letting the boat sit there flagged?

    6. A VERY nagging question I’ve had for a long time now—I’ve gotten one possibility from a fellow former but would like others’: WHY won’t some people help with others’ bushes/trees as well as boat crates? So, so, so many times I’ve gone into a farm with a help flag, and the bush/tree is RIGHT There! Right there by the RSS and/or boat dock, but no one helped! They bought stuff from that RSS and maybe or maybe not helped with a boat crate, but they just will not also click on the bush or tree! Sometimes there isn’t a boat at all, and so out of that farm right away the people go. A possible answer was that perhaps people don’t want to be on a Last Helpers list, however if they help with a boat crate, they are on it anyway. I’ve also considered that people just don’t have the time or that they simply didn’t see the trees/bushes, and I know sometimes this has to be the case. But when it’s right there in front of your eyes and you can’t help but see it? Why not ?! Why????

    7. I’m just about on level 57 now—HOW are you supposed to store all those EMs in your barn to ever be able to expand your silo or barn?! Even if you go at it one at a time—silo then barn or vice versa. I like to keep a nice supply of other products as well, but then on top of that having room for all the expansion items?!

    8. If you hire Tom—Can others see your Tom or see his box??

    9. Do any/many of you call boats early? I often do when the derby is going and I care about getting a trophy. But I have also been finding myself calling them early otherwise, too. I’m done with the derby after about 2 or 3 days after it starts. So then it’s time to restock and prepare for the next one. Okay, that’s done. Now let’s do some boats again. Alright—I have all that stuff and I’m ready to go. What the heck do I do for the next four hours?! So I call it early. (And/or I need the barn space!). Do any of you do this also??

    10. For those farmers who aren’t “croppers” (like wheaters, etc): What do the visitors ask you for, and what do you sell them if anything??

    11. To those on higher levels who have all the machines, expansions, etc., AND hire Tom: WHAT do you hire him for? I can see jewelry, jams, axes if you need them or explosives, but otherwise what? (Here is some of my worry coming out about having not much to do in the higher levels!).

    12. What In The World is the candy for?! Boats never ask for these; I’ve rarely, if ever, had any townies ask for them, and occasionally I’ll do a truck order with a fair enough price or xp value calling for them. I’ve seen them snatched up lickity-split from others’ RSSes, but Why??

    13. Is lettuce easy to find in the DD? Is it used much?

    14. Going on from my “Mundane Sugarcane Question” post awhile ago—I’m wondering now if I need rice planted? I rarely use it! And it seems to be pretty plentiful in the DD. Any thoughts? And is lettuce used about the same amount as rice too or more or less??

    15. Since being at level 56 there have been a lot more high-level farmers’ ads in the DD. I’ve noticed that over half of these farmers don’t sell anything! What I mean is this: lots and lots of ads in the DD with higher levels and most level 75 and above have just a few slots of wheat or corn or etc. crop up for sale. Just a few times have I come across some selling red hats or sweaters or such. Why?? Do they not play that often? Do they have that much barn and silo space and money that there just isn’t any need to sell?

    16. I have asked the question before and I will again since I’m posting a list here: >>> What do you do after level 75 when there is nothing more that’s new to look forward to? I liked the answers of relaxing and working on mastering machines. That’s good. I do want to master things, but I don’t want to relax! What else is there that you all do?? I find I’m getting more and more sad as I get higher in levels knowing that I’ll soon be “at the end” so to speak. I don’t want it to end! And just like with calling the boats early because I’m wondering what to do for those 2 or 4 hours or whatever it may be, I’m wondering already what all there is going to be do when I’ve gotten all the things there are to get!????

    Thank you, Thank you so much Everyone!!!
    Last edited by mybluemitten; October 18th, 2015 at 07:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post

    2. Has anyone ever been in someoneís farm and come across any activity that is visible like harvesting crops or moving items around? Aside from the RB, I have yet to see anyone actually doing anything. Maybe itís not possible to witness any such activity??
    You see a snapshot of the persons farm. And if the person isn't logged in the snapshot you see is what it looked like when they left. For example, if put one loaf of bread in my bakery, and then never play again, it will still appear to visitors one year from now that my bakery is running. Boats seems to be an exception to this: you can see people's boats fill and sail away.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    3. Quite a few times I have gone to check someoneís boat crate to see if I can help and then realize that they have the Exact same item(s) up for sale in their RSS! What? I donít get it.??
    A guess: either they put the item for sale before they realized the boat needed it. Or they're trying to share the boat points with people (i.e. they know this way you have access to what's needed to fill the crate).

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    5. RB cratesóHow come some people donít just go and comb the DD for those extra 10 potatoes or 2 carrrot pies instead of letting the boat sit there flagged?
    Too much trouble? Maybe they did already and their DD didn't have potatos? And personally, I frequently try to share boat points with people: I'll fill the hard stuff myself, then flag easy crates for friends and neighbors. If I'm going to flag a fourth crate for the neighborhood I'll try to make it the easiest.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    6. A VERY nagging question Iíve had for a long time nowóIíve gotten one possibility from a fellow former but would like othersí: WHY wonít some people help with othersí bushes/trees as well as boat crates? So, so, so many times Iíve gone into a farm with a help flag, and the bush/tree is RIGHT There! Right there by the RSS and/or boat dock, but no one helped! They bought stuff from that RSS and maybe or maybe not helped with a boat crate, but they just will not also click on the bush or tree! Sometimes there isnít a boat at all, and so out of that farm right away the people go. A possible answer was that perhaps people donít want to be on a Last Helpers list, however if they help with a boat crate, they are on it anyway. Iíve also considered that people just donít have the time or that they simply didnít see the trees/bushes, and I know sometimes this has to be the case. But when itís right there in front of your eyes and you canít help but see it? Why not ?! Why????
    If I am speeding through the DD looking to help with trees/bushes, I find that the best thing to do is to quickly zip to where the boat is, if there's a flag on the boat then I go to the next flagged farm in the DD. I'm _assuming_ that very few farms flag a crate in addition to bushes/trees, so I'm just trying to save myself some time.

    Having said that, yes, I've seen times when the flagged bush WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOAT. I dunno, maybe I was the first one to visit the farm after the bush was flagged?

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    7. Iím just about on level 57 nowóHOW are you supposed to store all those EMs in your barn to ever be able to expand your silo or barn?! Even if you go at it one at a timeósilo then barn or vice versa. I like to keep a nice supply of other products as well, but then on top of that having room for all the expansion items?!
    I adjusted what my goal amount was. Started with "keep 2 of everything". Eventually the barn was big enough that I could keep 3 of everything as well as upgrade. Then 4, then... But there are on the order of 200 products, so it stands to reason that you need to increase the barn size by at least 200 before you raise your target amount by just one.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    8. If you hire TomóCan others see your Tom or see his box??
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    9. Do any/many of you call boats early? I often do when the derby is going and I care about getting a trophy. But I have also been finding myself calling them early otherwise, too. Iím done with the derby after about 2 or 3 days after it starts. So then itís time to restock and prepare for the next one. Okay, thatís done. Now letís do some boats again. AlrightóI have all that stuff and Iím ready to go. What the heck do I do for the next four hours?! So I call it early. Do any of you do this also??
    I don't like to spend diamonds on anything ephemeral other than Tom: I want them to go to production slots, which pay back forever. But I do occasionally spend diamonds on an extra derby task.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    10. For those farmers who arenít ďcroppersĒ (like wheaters, etc): What do the visitors ask you for, and what do you sell them if anything??
    What visitors ask for is pretty simple: one of the top two items, or something you have none of. Except not EMs, and a couple other things? This is very useful during a visitor event, since you can control what they're asking for. Also, for a visitor even, make sure you hold onto at least of of everything: that means they will only ask for your top two items.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    11. To those on higher levels who have all the machines, expansions, etc., AND hire Tom: WHAT do you hire him for? I can see jewelry, jams, axes if you need them or explosives, but otherwise what? (Here is some of my worry coming out about having not much to do in the higher levels!).
    Except for one week off, I have had Tom constantly since April 2014. I use him almost exclusively for shovels. The only exception I make is for jellybeans, and I don't need to send him for more than one trip per week for those. Why shovels? Because over 10 days I can get recoup the cost of Tom via the diamonds from the mine, have a few diamonds extra, and have more than enough or for myself and neighbors (and many friends).

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    12. What In The World is the candy for?! Boats never ask for these; Iíve rarely, if ever, had any townies ask for them, and occasionally Iíll do a truck order with a fair enough price or xp value calling for them. Iíve seen them snatched up lickity-split from othersí RSSes, but Why??
    There aren't many orders, but they give really good XP, especially Jelly Beans. And even though there are only a few orders, the fact that they take forever to make means that people are always eager to buy. Plus they look pretty: can you really say no to a box of jellybeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    13. Is lettuce easy to find in the DD? Is it used much?
    It seems to be one of the least common crops in the DD. It didn't used to be, but the hotdog machine means everybody is cranking out tofu dogs. And there are enough items that use it that even in small quantifies my lettuce supply keeps dropping if I don't pay attention to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    14. Going on from my ďMundane Sugarcane QuestionĒ post awhile agoóIím wondering now if I need rice planted? I rarely use it! And it seems to be pretty plentiful in the DD. Any thoughts? And is lettuce used about the same amount as rice too or more or less??
    I used a lot of rice when I was making a push to master the sushi machine, and then later when mastering the pasta maker. Otherwise, no, it's low demand.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    15. Since being at level 56 there have been a lot more high-level farmersí ads in the DD. Iíve noticed that over half of these farmers donít sell anything! What I mean is this: lots and lots of ads in the DD with higher levels and most level 75 and above have just a few slots of wheat or corn or etc. crop up for sale. Just a few times have I come across some selling red hats or sweaters or such. Why?? Do they not play that often? Do they have that much barn and silo space and money that there just isnít any need to sell?
    I have enough money that I no longer sell for the sake of selling, and when I do its for neighbors, so no ads. It's rare I put up an ad, and then its because I have a tricky boat that I need help with, and I'll only do that if the shop is empty of things that I want to share with neighbors.

    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    16. I have asked the question before and I will again since Iím posting a list here: >>> What do you do after level 75 when there is nothing more thatís new to look forward to? I liked the answers of relaxing and working on mastering machines. Thatís good. I do want to master things, but I donít want to relax! What else is there that you all do?? I find Iím getting more and more sad as I get higher in levels knowing that Iíll soon be ďat the endĒ so to speak. I donít want it to end! And just like with calling the boats early because Iím wondering what to do for those 2 or 4 hours or whatever it may be, Iím wondering already what all there is going to be do when Iíve gotten all the things there are to get!????
    I'm a completionist. I guess it's an OCD thing So master everything, finish achievements, catch all the fish, max out the town buildings, etc.

    But mostly I like running the farm and town, and chatting with my neighbors. I suspect running the farm appeals to that same "thing" that knitting or needlepoint does in many people: a mindless repetitive task that is oddly relaxing.

    I'm not going to proofread me responses. Will take too long, and I'm supposed to be working :-)
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

  3. #3
    1. I always thought its the horn of my own truck i sent while searching the DD.
    2. No, never.
    3. Sometimes i see this too, but they never had the correct amount needed for that boat.
    4. Maybe they realized they prefer to play on their own after building the house.
    5. Maybe they will give others the chance to get the points.
    6. I must admit i sometimes refuses to help too, often after someone i helped constantly buys everything out of my rss. I sell for everyone, but there are times i want to sell to NH without the risk of being disturbed, my rss should be a safe place to sell things for those who need.
    7. I am level 120 now and my barn size is 4550, i expand it all alone, i stop producing for a while and buy all bems, sems or whatever i can find in dd. Usually i do so when i am short before the next upgrade. You get a feeling what ad may hide some bems or sems behind a simple " ten wheat for 5 coins" ad.
    8. simple...no.
    9. Sometimes yes, but only when barn is full.
    10. I do not sell to visitors, they only ask for axes, saws and fish, and usually these are the items i have lots of.
    11. I hire Tom to restock my barn, usually i have minimum 20 of each item, some of course more, when i am going below my magic number... thats what i need Tom for.
    12. Candy give high xp, candy in combination with other premium items give even more xp.
    13.personally i do not see much lettuce in dd, but others may, you need it when you open the salad bar and yes i need a lot of lettuce, hot dog stand need also lettuce for the tofu dog.
    14. as soon as you produce rice noodles you need much more rice, and you need rice for the sushi bar, i do not see that much in rss
    15. i give away most of my items to neighbours who need it, ten for a coin, i sell premium items only as a last solution in case barn is full, it attract to many players who want to follow to buy more of these items without helping you, my experience so far.
    16. my goal is to help our members to increase barn and silo, i give these items ten for a coin, i help with coins so they can buy machines, i like this part of the game, and yes the everyday farming, just doing the same things over and over is kind of relaxing for me. Started a baby farm just to have all the nice trees i cut off when i was a bloody starter and now i enjoy my little pretty second farm.
    Phew, lots of answers from me, other may find different answers but i think there exist as many possibilities as people play hayday.

  4. #4
    Forum Elder knitgal2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by mybluemitten View Post
    Since about 20 levels ago I've been writing down questions I have had to ask everyone their advice, opinions, viewpoints, etc. about some of the going-ons of Hay Day play. And I'd like to apologize right off the bat for my lack of activity on the forum. Goodness what a lazy-♥♥♥♥ I've been in respect to that and I'm sorry all! I have Forced myself to come and at least post these questions that I have been meaning to do for so long. Please feel free to answer any and/or all questions you'd like. Of course I am most grateful, and hopefully some of these will be helpful to others also!
    (Note: some of these have been answered fantastically already by fellow helpful and knowledgeable forumers, so I’m asking again just to get others’ opinions, etc).

    Let’s start very elementary.
    1. Sometimes when you have clicked on an ad and go into someone’s RSS, a horn honk sounds. At first I thought it meant that the item advertised was gone—not the case. And it’s not the other person’s actual truck honking. What is this and why?


    2. Has anyone ever been in someone’s farm and come across any activity that is visible like harvesting crops or moving items around? Aside from the RB, I have yet to see anyone actually doing anything. Maybe it’s not possible to witness any such activity??

    3. Quite a few times I have gone to check someone’s boat crate to see if I can help and then realize that they have the Exact same item(s) up for sale in their RSS! What? I don’t get it.??

    4. There are a lot of farmers who have their NH house repaired but they do not have a logo up by their farm name. One answer is that they simply do not have/are not in a NH, right? What are some other reasons??


    5. RB crates—How come some people don’t just go and comb the DD for those extra 10 potatoes or 2 carrrot pies instead of letting the boat sit there flagged?

    6. A VERY nagging question I’ve had for a long time now—I’ve gotten one possibility from a fellow former but would like others’: WHY won’t some people help with others’ bushes/trees as well as boat crates? So, so, so many times I’ve gone into a farm with a help flag, and the bush/tree is RIGHT There! Right there by the RSS and/or boat dock, but no one helped! They bought stuff from that RSS and maybe or maybe not helped with a boat crate, but they just will not also click on the bush or tree! Sometimes there isn’t a boat at all, and so out of that farm right away the people go. A possible answer was that perhaps people don’t want to be on a Last Helpers list, however if they help with a boat crate, they are on it anyway. I’ve also considered that people just don’t have the time or that they simply didn’t see the trees/bushes, and I know sometimes this has to be the case. But when it’s right there in front of your eyes and you can’t help but see it? Why not ?! Why????

    7. I’m just about on level 57 now—HOW are you supposed to store all those EMs in your barn to ever be able to expand your silo or barn?! Even if you go at it one at a time—silo then barn or vice versa. I like to keep a nice supply of other products as well, but then on top of that having room for all the expansion items?!

    8. If you hire Tom—Can others see your Tom or see his box??

    9. Do any/many of you call boats early? I often do when the derby is going and I care about getting a trophy. But I have also been finding myself calling them early otherwise, too. I’m done with the derby after about 2 or 3 days after it starts. So then it’s time to restock and prepare for the next one. Okay, that’s done. Now let’s do some boats again. Alright—I have all that stuff and I’m ready to go. What the heck do I do for the next four hours?! So I call it early. (And/or I need the barn space!). Do any of you do this also??

    10. For those farmers who aren’t “croppers” (like wheaters, etc): What do the visitors ask you for, and what do you sell them if anything??

    11. To those on higher levels who have all the machines, expansions, etc., AND hire Tom: WHAT do you hire him for? I can see jewelry, jams, axes if you need them or explosives, but otherwise what? (Here is some of my worry coming out about having not much to do in the higher levels!).

    12. What In The World is the candy for?! Boats never ask for these; I’ve rarely, if ever, had any townies ask for them, and occasionally I’ll do a truck order with a fair enough price or xp value calling for them. I’ve seen them snatched up lickity-split from others’ RSSes, but Why??

    13. Is lettuce easy to find in the DD? Is it used much?

    14. Going on from my “Mundane Sugarcane Question” post awhile ago—I’m wondering now if I need rice planted? I rarely use it! And it seems to be pretty plentiful in the DD. Any thoughts? And is lettuce used about the same amount as rice too or more or less??

    15. Since being at level 56 there have been a lot more high-level farmers’ ads in the DD. I’ve noticed that over half of these farmers don’t sell anything! What I mean is this: lots and lots of ads in the DD with higher levels and most level 75 and above have just a few slots of wheat or corn or etc. crop up for sale. Just a few times have I come across some selling red hats or sweaters or such. Why?? Do they not play that often? Do they have that much barn and silo space and money that there just isn’t any need to sell?

    16. I have asked the question before and I will again since I’m posting a list here: >>> What do you do after level 75 when there is nothing more that’s new to look forward to? I liked the answers of relaxing and working on mastering machines. That’s good. I do want to master things, but I don’t want to relax! What else is there that you all do?? I find I’m getting more and more sad as I get higher in levels knowing that I’ll soon be “at the end” so to speak. I don’t want it to end! And just like with calling the boats early because I’m wondering what to do for those 2 or 4 hours or whatever it may be, I’m wondering already what all there is going to be do when I’ve gotten all the things there are to get!????

    Thank you, Thank you so much Everyone!!!
    Wow! Quite a list! I'll give this a bit of a shot.

    1. I've heard the horn honk, too, and I believe it is from the farmer's truck whom you are visiting. Why - probably because they just sent it out or it just returned, though it doesn't look that way to you.

    2. Nope, never actually see anything being done on someone else's farm, except for watching their truck return, and as you mentioned, watch the boat leave or arrive. Others have also seen the butterflies that flutter around after someone opens the package of a new machine or a plot of land...personally, I have always missed it as I haven't timed it right.

    3. The items you see in someone's RSS that match the items requested by their boat were most likely placed in the RSS before they were aware what their upcoming boat would need. For example, I may put a bin of 10 wool into my RSS, finalize my boat, and send it off shortly thereafter, only to find that the next boat wants wool. By the time the wool boat arrives, that wool may still be available in my RSS, since it can move so slowly. That's why you may see it there.

    4. I think you have essentially hit the nail on the head on this one. No NH logo, not in a NH...simple as that.

    5. It is very possible that the farmer has/is flipping through the DD, as well as the RSS's off all their friends, to find those items to help them fill the crates they have flagged. Have you ever gone shopping in the DD to see if you can find those final items you need for your boat? They never seem to be there/available when you need them, and it may very well be part of the way things are set up with HD. Once you are done with that boat, check out the DD...you will find the item you had just needed everywhere!

    6. You have hit one of the reasons - some people don't want to take the chance of being on the Last Helper list of someone from the DD for fear that person may interrupt a trade, or shop too enthusiastically if they prefer people buy only 3 bins max. As far as not looking for trees/bushes to revive when one finds it's not a boat crate that was flagged, maybe they weren't able to find the item needing watering as that farm is essentially a "jungle", or if they are like me, they are doing just a bit of farming during a quick work break, so if it isn't a boat crate to fill, they don't have time to look around the farm. If it's on the way to boat, I'll water it, since that's quick and easy to do during my work break.

    7. Yep, storing EMs AND a decent amount of stock is tricky...everyone goes through this, even at higher levels! One way people get around it is that they stack items at their machines so that when they fill crates or feed townies, they can simply pick up more for the barn from their machines to continue to have stock at the ready for next time. Keep upgrading as best you can and this issue will start to subside...a bit...LOL!

    8. No, I don't see Tom or his box anywhere but on my farm, whether or not he is hired.

    9. No, I don't call boats early...I'm a tightwad with my diamonds...LOL! My boat has been called early twice, both times by my then 3-year-old grandson, who was sitting on my lap each time! Man that youngun' has quick fingers!

    10. I don't sell to the visitors unless we are having a double-coin visitor event. I will sell them pretty much anything then, except for saws/axes or sugar/dairy items.

    11. I have Tom get me shovels for mining, mostly, as well as items I have none of, and axes if I'm running low. Tom is also the only way I get rings and jellybeans...have never made those and don't plan to ever make them myself. I also send Tom for things to help me with my boat if I get into a bit of a bind.

    12. Candy is asked for by townies when in the Cinema, as well as on truck orders. This is why I don't keep a large supply...not a lot of need for them. But if they are offered in an RSS, they are sold quickly because they do take a decent amount of time to make, so that saves the buyer time, as well as the ingredients needed, just like anything else, I suppose.

    13. I can't say I see lettuce in the DD often, but I do find it relatively easily. It is used in sandwiches, salads, and the green smoothie (5 lettuce for each smoothie!).

    14. Rice is used for sushi...15 rice per roll! It is also used to make rice noodles at 5/rice noodle stack and 3 rice noodles are needed to make noodle soup. So, bottom line, I would plant it (I actually plant and try to have a good amount of everything). Yes, it is pretty plentiful to buy, but if you plant your own, you can save your coins for other things.

    15. I think one reason that higher levels may not sell much more than crops because they need higher amounts of each item for their boats. They may also like to have more on hand to help friends and those in their NH, so they don't sell those premium items as much. But, if you are simply looking in the DD as your guide, you may not be finding anything other than crops from the higher levels because many of us don't advertise our wares. I only place an ad if I have need of some room in my RSS and things aren't selling quickly enough via just my friends.

    16. Once getting all machines and mastering as much as possible, there is still the Derby and maybe trying to upgrade barn and silo to the ultimate amount of 10,000! There is also doing the Scorched Earth Challenge that a forumer created a year or so ago. This isn't something I want to do (at least not now...who knows in the future), but it may be something you will want to try.

    EDIT: I actually started my response before anyone else...that's what happens when you are working while responding...it's done sort of piecemeal...LOL!
    Last edited by knitgal2; October 18th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.


    GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!


  5. #5
    Mother Goose Tiggerr129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA Central time
    Posts
    4,095
    As far number two. Xxyyz was mostly right about what you see on someone's farm. However, you can watch the truck come and go. You occasionally have to refresh it though. You can also see the green checks on their truck board. This helps when you are helping someone do the Turbo Trucker achievement.. Secondly, while you can't actually see the other person open an eland expansion, if you get their at the right time, you can see the butterfly's that swarm and fly when they open one on the farm side of the road. It seems that the newest farm section doesn't attract those butterfly's. You can see if their pets are sleeping and sometimes if they are hungry and need to sleep, also. Of course some of this depends on whether the farmer is active or not. If they quit while the pets were awake and happy, I can't tell for sure if you will see anything other than what Xxyyz said.

    GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

    Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

  6. #6
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZZY View Post
    Too much trouble? Maybe they did already and their DD didn't have potatos? And personally, I frequently try to share boat points with people: I'll fill the hard stuff myself, then flag easy crates for friends and neighbors. If I'm going to flag a fourth crate for the neighborhood I'll try to make it the easiest.
    To be clear, that's my goal, and I don't always make it. This past derby I had a boat that wanted blankets. I filled one crate so as not be a needy jerk, then flagged the other three, put a tofu dog ad in the paper, and then went back to work for an hour.
    GC: Snoopy Lane
    Level: 159; Town: 60; Barn: 5900; Silo: 6250
    Still to go: 5 achievements, 10 permits, 65 puzzle pieces, 37 fish, 1 machine mastery

  7. #7
    Senior Member mybluemitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    432
    To all those who have responded thus far-- Thank you so much!! And to everyone: Eh hem- I realize Now that this is quite a lot to read, isn't it?! Boy once I get typing I can just go and go. So thank you also to everyone for reading through all of my text and for taking the time to do so and respond!!

    The answers thus far are awesome! So helpful and good to know. And, I have to admit, I feel rather guilty, too, for using my diamonds for early boats! I guess I'm really helping SC though!

    I feel sort of guilty, too, because my job isn't a formal one really-- I am just a homemaker engineer. So I don't have to be doing things on or in farms while on a work break. But what a very good eye-opener to me, so I'm grateful for knowing this now. But again-- if someone doesn't want to be in a person's last helpers tab list, then they shouldn't help with the boat crate either!

    And I want to, I guess, "edit" the part where I said earlier about not wanting to relax. I think I must have taken that in a different context, because reading the thus far answers about relaxing as being the daily farming activities-- YES! I love that! If that is what is meant as relaxing then I'm all in. I only wish there were more things to look forward to such as new products, machines, or who-know-what-else!

    I am learning also that I REALLY need to set a cap on the number of products I keep in my barn. Somehow I need to find that number. Jacksun is that what you were talking about when you mentioned your magic number? My barn is at 1950-- I Think I have my silo cap figured out. That is at 1600. My problem(??) is that whenever I need items for a boat crate or I "feed" (that's funny knitgal! They do eat everything don't they?!) my townies, then I rush back to my machines to throw that amount, or close to it, in the queues to get my level back to where it was. And I think I shouldn't be doing that, or at least lower my levels. Grr I hate parting with things!! Still a hoarder at heart that I Still need to work on!

    I haven't ever used Tom for mining equipment or for axes. I've probably just been fortunate perhaps? But so far those have been extremely common drop items for me, so I'm in surplus of them often, and frequently those are "presents" in my RSS for those who help with my boats or trees and bushes.

    So another question then: are shovels The Thing to use in the mine? Granted they produce the most ore (don't they?) however I haven't ever gotten a diamond from using them. I have from Everything else though! Oh And I forgot this question! >>> Which mining equipment produce which ore? I've been trying to figure this out, but no avail. Or is this random too?

    XYZZY: About flagging the crates, or in my case Not flagging crates, this is a super good reminder for me, also. I always feel incompetent and greedy if I flag crates when it should actually be the opposite shouldn't it?! I Should flag crates to give others' the opportunity for boat points and whatnot. See boat points have never, never been important to me, and it wasn't until about 5 to 10 level ago that I even started doing my own river boat orders. I don't consider that it might be a fun and/or important aspect of the game to other people. I'm also not in a neighborhood--- it's just me and myself, so I don't keep all that goes in to that kind of "sharing" at the top of my head either. I don't like seeming "incompetent or etc" when I flag stuff-- if I could water my own trees and bushes I would simply because I don't want to trouble others!!

    This is excellent all! Can't wait to read more! Thanks again!!!

    Addition: oh my gosh I did it again. I typed and just kept typing!!!
    Last edited by mybluemitten; October 18th, 2015 at 09:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Forum Superstar Bestajunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mony a Mickle maks a Muckle...... Barry
    Posts
    3,605

    What? LoL

    What? LoL. You always crack me up. These are excellent questions and might could be moved over to the new people section under "have you ever wondered". Just a suggestion.

    Ok. I'm not sure what numbers these were but yes I buy diamonds to spend them on calling boats. I love doing boats. I never spend them on production speed ups but all slots on all of my machines are fully open. As for the can you see Tom question. When I first started playing I thought it was special that I had Tom and no one else that I saw had him. Bwahahaha. Duh Besta. As for what to keep in your barn, whatever you gosh darn want. I have atm 276 bags of cow feed. Why? Who knows. Just like cow feed I guess. The helping question is an iffy one. I know (pretty much) my neighbors who can/will help. Mostly its a timezone thing. Since I never ever advertise in dd for help I'm of the belief that players don't want to water at a farm that they may be stuck on the last helpers tab. Thats my opinion. I don't help anyone in the dd. Just my preferred method of playing.

    Hey Tiggerr-would this be a good one to add in the new people tips?

    Farm level: 235 Silo 11,550 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    ďI think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: ďThe scarecrow made me do itĒ. Quote accredited to dtx275

  9. #9
    Senior Member mybluemitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    North Dakota, USA
    Posts
    432
    Oh my goodness-- Besta: I crack You up?! I read your post and put everything down to respond and say that-- Ahahhahaha!!! You crack Me up so much! About Two Hundred and Seventy-Six bags of Cow Feed?! Oh my gosh I'm rolling on the floor laughing! I guess everyone has their "thing" huh?! Ahahahhahaa!!!!!!

    And definitely-- if this should be moved just tell me how to do it and/or if possible go ahead and move it! I so hope it'll be as helpful to others as it has so far to me!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Dorset,UK
    Posts
    355

    Hi mybleumitten

    Reading your post REALLY made me realise how different we all are!!I'm level 58(nearly 59)but with only 750 barn&silo.I don't look ahead, just play for today,expand when I get there.I help wherever I can & don't mind how many last helpers lists I show on.If I do a boat , rarely!!,I will happily flag ANYTHING! I've not yet not had all crates done.
    In18 months of playing I've only hired Tom twice,the second time I forgot I had him!!lol,so probably won't again,,
    Thanks for posting,I envy people who can write long posts,unlike me lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •