Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with the neverending dead nectar bushes?

What do you do with the neverending dead nectar bushes?

I don't know what to do with them
    GC: jimena2--Level 143-37 FINALLY GOT MY 30 TRUCK ORDERS CHALLENGE-after almost 5 years playing

Playing from Spain-English is not my first language

Playing HD since March 2014

Centennial Club
    I cut them down and plant new ones. When I run low (or out of) axes, I try to hid them behind the bushes and trees.
    GC ID: aotearoa68
    Level 81 farm, 23 town
    Will lend helping hand on any farm.
    Hay Day player since Feb 2014 and lovin' it

• Hire Tom to buy axes when you run low on them
    • Stop sending out your bees until you have chopped down the dead nectar bushes
    • keep a fairly high number of axes on hand to encourage more axes to "drop" as bonus gifts
    • send away boats/trucks/visitors/townies requesting items made with honey or wax until you have eliminated the dead backlog
    • use some as decoration (I use them during the winter)

This is a balance that all farmers have to come to terms with. It can be do Need! Good luck!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; October 17th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Best thing is to spend a few hours of dedicated wheating, probably over several days, to get axes. Then you can chop the dead bushes down. Wheating is not as bad as it sounds. Yes it's repetitive but you can do it while watching tv, and you get a TON of tools and EMs from it.

The other way is to tire Tom for 15 diamonds and send him on a bunch of axe runs. And play the town (except for honey products until you get enough axes) ... the townies drop a lot of axes as gifts.

Then until you build up a surplus of about 20-50 axes, don't make more honey. Just turn away the townie or boat and truck orders that want honey products while you concentrate on your wheating for a few days.

If you do this for a few days to a week, I guarantee you'll look back and wonder how you ever had an axe problem to begin with. My farm is drowning in axes from wheating and towning, so it is definitely doable.

Good luck.

I've been watching your dead nectar bush collection grow and grow and wondering why. Allegra, the only thing to do is hire Tom for a day and send him exclusively for axes every two hours. Do this on a day when you don't have to work the next day. Set your timer on your iPad clock to remind you every two hours so you don't forget to send him out and be prepared for a disturbed night. In 24 hours, you can gather about 90 axes. That should make a significant dent in your bush collection.

Remember, you don't have to collect the nectar from the bees just because it is ready for collection. Reduce your collection rate to match the number of axes you have to hand. Do a bit of wheating each day to try and keep your number of axes at a workable level.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

I use Tom to get axes plus i wheat a lot which gets me quite a lot as well. However, if I'm running low i just don't send my bees off and trash trucks/ send off boats that ask for items i need nectar for, until I'm able to cut some down and plant fresh ones.

Centennial Club
    I like them dead and use them to decorate with, they look like a pot of daisys to me. They go nice at Christmas time in between the red christmas flower pots. Of course you still need to cut some of the deads one down, but they are nice as a deco.
    Charliedagg
    Level 113

I do wheating frequency which generates a lot of axes and saws. When you have a surplus of both of these items I don't have to worry much (sometimes). That's what I do and it seems to work but it's strategy I developed because I HATE anything that is dead on my farm.
    Last edited by Qancoe; October 17th, 2015 at 10:51 PM.

I only have 5 or 6 nectar bushes at a time. I don't have any dead bushes on my farm because I balance the usage with the axe drops. I kind of dislike the farms with all the white bushes.

Hi, Allegra! As I recollect, you've got someone young in the house who enjoys farming, too. It might be difficult to keep that farmer from sending out your bees and filling orders that are using up the products made with honey and wax. If so, Tom is the only answer!

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144