Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Journey!

Forum Champion

My Journey!

My Clan Application Format | "Retirement" Update | Legendary Kings | Most Unfair Thing
    Moving all my sig links here to fit more space in my current sig.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Journey

So nearly a year and 5 months ago, I posted a thread about the Update on "My Retirement". No surprise, I didn't stick to that plan and was as tryhard as ever, and didn't get to lvl 20 in Hay Day (only 19 lol). I played more than I ever did, farmed as high as I ever did, and started DE grind early so I ended up farming even higher and played more than I ever did, and I surpassed my TH8 trophy record by farming. I got many great achievements along the way, and now here I am a maxed TH9 (which I achieved 16 days ago). Here's my journey through a timeline with photos and stuff...some of the dates may not be accurate, but if I am 100% sure of the date, I will italicize it as well. If it isn't, then it's in the general area.

March 10th, 2013

Started playing clash.

March 11th, 2013

Completed tutorial. What happened was I had a headache the day I got the game and my friend advised me to not gem anything except the builder hut. I feel asleep while waiting for what I believe was a 15-minute (lvl 1 at the time?) elixir storage to finish constructing.

March 12th, 2013

First update that came out after I started playing. Dark troops were introduced, capping at valkyries. Minions only went to level 5, and hogs targeted any structure, making them the worst troops in the game, according to many. Valkyries weren't much better.

March 13th, 2013

3-day shield you receive when you first start playing runs out. I won my first defense! Got 3-starred on the second one...no pic, but I remember.

March 27th, 2013

Hit TH5. As you can tell by rough estimates of the dates, I didn't play alot, and was a noob, but I still loved the game. Around this day I came up with a concept of "maxing"...I planned to start at TH4, but I decided to start at TH5 instead... you'll see this idea was short lived, as I rushed to TH6 quickly, where I said I'll max then.

April 6th, 2013

Started upgrade to TH6. I had a school camp where we left on what I believed was April 8th and came back on April 10th...still in same state, but a bit far. Longest I've ever been away from my parents at the time. Anyways, I was talking to some kid at my school who also played clash and he said he was upgrading his TH while we were gone, and I thought it was a brilliant idea! I wouldn't really have to wait and contain the excitement for the new TH when my mind was elsewhere, so that night I started saving up for TH6, and I started the upgrade.

April 10th, 2013

Came back from school camp to my new TH6.

April 24th, 2013

After saving up since what felt like forever, I finally got the 3rd builder.

May 7th, 2013

Back in the day, I loved to plan base layouts in my head, and I mean, tile for tile. My math skills helped, but tbh, I still am not sure how I even remembered how exactly I planned it. I also use to put my layouts on some base builder website so I wouldn't forget them. In fact it was so long ago, I forgot about them until I typed the sentence that was 2 sentences before this. One night I came up with this base layout that I thought was really good and impossible to beat, and then next day I started saving up for the 1.2M gold. I started the upgrade, and unable to wait, I asked my mom if I could buy $10 worth of gems, and she said yes. So I did, and I gemmed it. I still had about 500 gems left over, which I saved for 4th builder.

Old school redesigning, back then all we had was select-row-of walls...I don't know if we even had rotating. This was the first time I ever redesigned my base to something completely new...previously I was just adding on to the current base.

Drum roll for my OP base...

TU-DUH! Yeah...didn't take long to realize it sucked. My idea behind the base was that I thought people would go for my TH. On my other base, I thought people wanted my TH, because they always attacked from that side. I didn't realize until much later that people were only attacking from that side cuz that way they'd get TH and loot, but then I thought it was just for the TH. I was surprised that people kept on attacking from the side with my loot and losing 180K/180K each defense was becoming a norm...still liked my base and stuck to it lol. Generally, they'd atk from that side, do pretty well and then when they finally came to the walls, then everything would fall apart, and once the cannons got in the action, it was basically over. So usually got 50% 1-starred. I later thought of upgrading to TH8 to add on to my base to make it better, but I was able to stop myself lol, and stuck with maxing TH7.

May ?, 2013

Got 4th builder. Hit 1250 cups a few days before this, so got 450 gems putting me around 950 gems. I cleared the rest of my obstacles, putting me at 997 gems. I waited a day and got a mushroom which gave 3 gems putting me at exactly 1000. At the time, 3 gems were the most you could get so it seemed like a pretty good deal lol. I bought the builder, and I was down to 0 gems, I think the first time I ever hit 0.

May 23, 2013

Made forum account to share my idea of maxing! Didn't share it cuz I was lazy, but quickly found out it was around long before...

May 30th, 2013

Last day of school. Lots of playing time coming up!

June ?, 2013​

Barbarian King!!!

Raid that got me there...yes...I zapped...only thing I ever zapped for though...farmed all my DE troops, king lvl 2-30, queen lvl 1-30.

June ?, 2013

Finally recovered. No longer a premmie, everything finally at least TH6 lvl, finishing with clan castle lvl 3. I can actually say I am an actual, real TH7, lol.

July 22, 2013

Happy birthday to me! Bought $25 worth of gems.

Spent it on 5th builder hut, Pirate Flag, and Mighty Statue (so I would have the decorations, not cuz they looked cool or whatevr lol).

July 26, 2013

Decided to try farming base for the first time, of my own. Actually wasn't too bad.

July ?, 2013

Pic of new base from a couple days later, not sure exactly when. Didn't have pic right when I got it.

August ?, 2013

Maxed TH7 elixir upgrades.

August 20, 2013

School starts again.

August ?, 2013

Completed level 7 walls, maxing my gold upgrades for TH7.

September ?, 2013

Got level 5 king!

September ?, 2013

Started level 2 hogs, completing my DE upgrades and soon maxing my TH7! This was taken the morning after the previous night when I started the upgrade cuz my mom was yelling at me to sleep lol.

Redesigning to use a cup base to help push to master.

Actual base. Did pretty well, tbh. Perfect timing as well since there was a 1-gem 4-hour spell factory boost for about a month for Halloween. Speaking of which, where is the boost right now?

September ?, 2013

Hit crystal for first time. Also hit crystal at 2005 cups at TH8 also first time.

October 11, 2013

Push wasn't going good. Used army 20 loons 4 drags 5 wiz. Thought it was a great army, and I just couldn't get why it didn't work. I thought it was impossible and gave up. I always ended up at my starting trophy cup for the day, which was around 2030. The highest I reached for 2085, and even that day I ended up falling to 2030. October 11th, I fell below 2020 early and couldn't gain cups, so I gave up, switched to my farming base, and started upgrading the TH to lvl 8.

[Continued on next post: Due to image limitations per post]
    Last edited by Pranav; January 9th, 2016 at 10:34 PM.
    IGN: Pranav | Clan: Legendary Kings [#8VYVC88R] | I am the man with no avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyy
    Who took the Ayy username? i want it now
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More

Forum Champion
    October 19, 2013

I hit TH8. New base I came up with, inspired off another TH10 version of a base I saw and liked. Didn't do too well, lol.

October 29th, 2013

Left for another school camp, and around this day I offered this enormous loot. Most gold I've offered till date. Remember, this was before the loot system change in December 2013 (I think) when you got extra bonus for atking higher TH, so that's why I offered more here. But attacker wasn't smart, just took TH and a couple gold mines and left lol.

November ?, 2013

Lost Pumpkin Bomb forever in a defense. Goodbye.

November ?, 2013

Biggest loot I had gotten till then. I think I got more elixir in a way later raid, but I believe this is my highest gold raid till date.

January 26, 2014

Maxed my elixir upgrades, ending with lvl 3 PEKKAs. At this point, I have to finish skulls, 2 king lvls, 2 minion lvls, 2 hog lvls, valks, and golems.

February 18, 2014

Goodbye Santa Surprise.

March 12, 2014

Level 10 king!

April 10, 2014

Maxed DE upgrades for TH8, ending with lvl 4 hogs.

May 22, 2014

Everything maxed at TH8 except for 1 wall, which is still lvl 7. Waiting to upgrade on birthday, because I thought I was gonna quit after I max TH8 at this point, so I waited.

May 23, 2014

Made forum post on retirement.

May 25, 2014

Just a pic of my base, no change from the 22nd. The base design is not mine, got it from somewhere her on the forums.

July 22, 2014

Happy birthday to me! Hit 2599 cups about 3 days before, but I wanted to hit master on my bday and max on my bday, and I needed about 3.5 days of shield, so I went on defense, lost -18, to 2581. Bought 2 and 1 day shield. When bday came, I started atking again, and it wasn't going great. I wanted to go out for breakfast but it was going too slow, and I even lost an atk and I was like at 2580 when my mom said we had to go. So I took a break, lost a couple cups on defense and when I came back started again. I boosted my barracks for the first time ever, excluding 1-gem boosts, and I hit master at 2601 cups and did a couple more raids and got to 2619.

And now...for the (at the time) grand finale...that ends my progress for clash...seals the envelope...

Just have to click and...

BOOM! DONE! MAX TH8!

August ?, 2014

Wanted to do this for a while. Most loot a TH8 could offer at the time. Lvl 11 mines/collectors were highest at the time, no clan perks (for extra war loot storage). Most elixir I've offered till date.

September 3, 2014

Gave up on retirement. My friend who also maxed everything at TH8 (minus valks) was upgradign and he basically inspired me to keep going lol, so I came back. Upgrading TH.

September 6, 2014

Made forum post on update on retirement.

September 13, 2014

Hit TH9 and lvl 1 queen (upgrading to 2)!

December 17, 2014

Maxed elixir lab upgrades, starting my DE grind. Started 12/10 heroes and 5/5/2/2/1/1 troop levels in order of dark rax.

December ?, 2014

Level 100!

February 21, 2015

Maxed lab upgrades!

March 13, 2015

6 months at TH9!

June 4, 2015

Reached champion! I had about 3 and a half days left on my queen until it finished and I was at a full 200K dark storage. If I upgraded my king, then I wouldn't have enough DE to upgrade her again when she was done. Wondering what to do, I decided to go for champs. I had 3 and a half days, so I made that 3 days and just start early. I started at 2900 and by the time I hit the 3-day mark, I was at 3000. Next day wasn't so great. I lost a raid for like -25 or something and that set me back a bit. I boosted a bit, ended up at 3050, went on defense, lost about -15 putting me at about 3035. Next day I boosted everything went great, I even found a 37-cup TH8 offer and I hit champs quite easily with an extra day remaining.

June 18, 2015

Level 30 queen!

June 30, 2015

Hit champs by farming...lvl 30 queen OP...was pretty proud. At the time, champs was the highest, the July 1st update introduced Titan and Legend (literally, the day after). So now I can say I once hit the highest league (at the time) by farming...lol.

July 3, 2015

Level 30 king, giving me 30/30 heroes! This would've maxed my DE upgrades, but the July update also introduced poison spells (and lvl 4 drags for TH9, lvl 5 for TH10), so that screwed things up a bit.

August 6, 2015

Maxed DE spells, ending with haste, maxing my DE upgrades for TH9!

August 20, 2015

Maxed lab upgrades, ending with lvl 4 dragons!

September 13, 2015

One year at TH9!

September 29, 2015

Everything maxed but 1 lava. I had enough to do it on this day, but I wanted to do it on closest date that I can remember, which is Sep 30, the end of the month. Also if I did it, then the lvl 6 lightning spell would finish last, which is what maxed my TH9, but I want the last lava to max TH9. Also, maxed lab upgrades on this day!

September 30, 2015

My biggest day in clash history...the last lava...maxes my gold/elixir upgrades for TH9, also maxing my TH9. Here it is...

All normal...

Clicking...

Press that button and over a year's hard work will be finished...

DONE! MAXED TH9! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Final base...

Army...

Took this pic today, but just to see everything easier...

October 16, 2015

Typing and posting this journey.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry, this was long, just wanted to get all the highlights. Thanks for reading!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    So what now?

Well, no TH10. It will ruin my grades, and it matters more now that I'm in High School, but honestly, I don't even want to go to TH10. War at TH9 seems the best, most war variety options. Infernos at TH10 make that generally hogs are only used for luring and heal is never used during war. Now there's this queen-healer-gowiwi-hog-heal thing going on now it seems, but that won't change my mind. 3-starring at TH10 almost seems impossible, and on top of that the expensive and lengthy upgrades, I just don't wanna do it. Plus 30/30 250 lavas look better at TH9 than 40/40 275 lvl 11 walls (whats the new term?) at TH10 I think. So now I'm just gonna atk whenevr I want, donate and war. Time to have some fun with the game!

My forum activity will most likely fluctuate as normal as ever.

Well, that's my journey, let's see where it gets me. Already doing better in war, hopefully will be able to carry my clan a couple times. Till then, taking it easy, going for 3s...

-Pranav
    Last edited by Pranav; October 16th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More

Forum Champion
    [Reserved.]
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More

awesome

im on my way
    Started Playing - June 10, 2014
    Th 11 / IGN - Sir Diego / Lv - 148 / Bk - lv 30/ Aq - lv 35 /
    GG - 980m / EE - 928m / HH - 4,070,000 /
    Nice & Tidy - 4978 / Lv 11 walls - 4/300 / FIN - 98.5k / WH - 593
    Clan - Bat Flip Kings - Co Leader

Sick! I wish I would have done something like this!
    Clash Of Clans: Level 190 (Nearly Maxed TH 11) - Leader of "Dream Chasers" ##J9LLJRU
    Boom Beach: Level 53 - HQ 20

Partnered Twitch Streamer: http://www.twitch.tv/treborray - 26k Followers

Wow youve put some effort into this. How do you have so old pics? my oldest is one back when i just upgraded to TH9. (lost few of mine due to a reset without backing up).

Very organized and well written in chronological order. Seems like you had a plan on what you wanted to achieve even it's just a game. I am guessing you are doing really well in school also....I smell Ivy league student in the making..
    Started Feb 11, 2014
    | TH 11 Lvl 149
    | GG 1.86 billion | EE 1.91 billion | HH 9.38M |
    | Magma 114 Rest Lava | BK 40 | AQ 40
    | GW 20

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Manyolo View Post
    Wow youve put some effort into this. How do you have so old pics? my oldest is one back when i just upgraded to TH9. (lost few of mine due to a reset without backing up).
    Took me a few hours, had off from school today, decided to put it together. And I dunno, I just took pics of every little interesting thing...I got almost 2K photos on clash on my old phone lol...it was kinda a pain to find the pics lol
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More

Centennial Club
    Well done man, got any tips for th8 walls?

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVade View Post
    Well done man, got any tips for th8 walls?
    Don't focus totally on farming. I mean, do focus, but do other things also. War if you want, maybe even get other work done while farming, just take your mind of the game partly...don't think about the grind, just the little goals and eventually you'll get there. Just think about it as if you are saving up for an archer tower or something.

As for the actual farming part, I like to use BAG and pre-train barracks. Try and also have maxed spells and lvl 10 king, helps a lot.
    I think Ayy took it.

My Journey + More