Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood Connemara, who I think was making the point that companies need make money for their product somehow, and if it is free to download then key income is in app purchases from a proportion of players. I don't think the suggestion was at all that those who choose not to partake of in app purchases were not "supporting" the game... They obviously are, not in the financial sense of remuneration get SC for the development and running costs, but by making a vibrant community. This is, after all, a social game.

In response to the OP, all I can say is that I am feeling your pain, the tasks come slowly. We may consider capping the number of neighbours who opt in each week as with 2 days to go we need 49 more tasks over 310 pts to finish on the rules we have chosen for our nh at present in expert league... Seems only 2 choices, drop the points value minimum Nh chooses, or drop the number of neighbours playing each week. This week we have 18 in and 7 opted out, and it's tough.
    A possible third option?!

How many of your NH are Elders or above?

How well covered are your time zones?

How 'good' are your members at bothering to trash tasks when they have a task themselves?

All of those things at 'max' might be enough to get you enough tasks?!

Capping: Interesting idea...just a bit of musing...(in general, not specifically for your NH )

I think trying to cap it would be a nightmare, unless you have a very, very, close team and your own page here/Facebook/website that everyone reads/uses. With no 'Leader Control Opting' it would be pretty much impossible otherwise.

Then there's the issue of restricting people playing The Derby (for reasons other than them not doing their tasks). Fine if everyone agrees to 'take turns' but I think you'd risk losing a lot of players. Unless there was a much better 'greater good' than the current Derby Prizes/staying in the League I'd leave an NH that insisted I sit out The a Derby on a rota or any other selection process (not really for myself, I've just done 8x 320 tasks, over the range of tasks, but for others who don't play as much trying to get high point tasks or variety of tasks or whatever criteria the NH chose could be very stressful).

I agree with the concerns voiced in the original post. The lottery part of the derby is deeply unsatisfying. So is the tedium of having to trash obsessively. Please let us focus on actually solving tasks without compromising our chances of winning.

Unhappy

I'm glad you all feel the same, yes something definately needs to be addressed, but have you all noticed it's only us replying and NOT supercell?
    Im beginning to wonder if anyone from supercell reads these or is it just us venting our frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    We may consider capping the number of neighbours who opt in each week as with 2 days to go we need 49 more tasks over 310 pts to finish on the rules we have chosen for our nh at present in expert league... Seems only 2 choices, drop the points value minimum Nh chooses, or drop the number of neighbours playing each week. This week we have 18 in and 7 opted out, and it's tough.
    Wow, Major Tom! That is a totally original twist! I wonder if it is going to turn out that a large neighborhood is not the optimal size with the current task structure.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

Many having a hood of 1 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Wow, Major Tom! That is a totally original twist! I wonder if it is going to turn out that a large neighborhood is not the optimal size with the current task structure.

Our hood has done the cut back of those playing to be able to get 320 tasks to win derby. Yet is getting worse, 4 members have started their own hoods , because u play alone you will always win if you do 320 tasks. Hay day? Single and double ( many now have two farms) hoods need to be controlled. Possibly a minimum of 5-6 team members before you can play.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverdragonfly View Post

Our hood has done the cut back of those playing to be able to get 320 tasks to win derby. Yet is getting worse, 4 members have started their own hoods , because u play alone you will always win if you do 320 tasks. Hay day? Single and double ( many now have two farms) hoods need to be controlled. Possibly a minimum of 5-6 team members before you can play.
    I play alone and the only way to win would be to take an extra 320 task using diamonds. If you do them all fastest you will win. I don't know what makes you think that one and two person NHs are having an easier time. For one thing it is impossible to reach all the horseshoes.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Angry

Thank you supercell, it's the last day with 13hrs left, we have members who still haven't been able to complete 8 tasks and all day we are trashing the board with items worth less then 300 points.

You have completely disappointed our group, next round we are ALL opting out of the derby and those of us who actual do use diamonds (never for refreshing board) will be using none therefore less revenue to your pockets.

A question to ponder

Why are there so many people intent on winning the dang derby? Especially if you have moved up a couple of leagues? Are bragging rights worth all of the frustration and aggravation? I just don't get it why so many people are so up in arms over it all so what am I missing? Can you all explain why the derby prizes and placing 1, 2, or 3, especially if you are in the top league, is so important?

I suppose that after the first derby tweak, we quit winning and no one in the nh made a big deal out of it. After months of never winning, maybe the fever left us. We got the leagues and we are in the top league finally. We are in 9th place and the first place has 2X the points we do. I like the choice of the horseshoe prizes and the extras for placing are just not enough to warrant going nuts over it.

I just don't understand what benefit a nh really receives from the number of derby trophies received and why the emphasis on placing. Do you see people leave because you lose or join because you are winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Graciesmommy816 View Post
    Very well said- so supercell? What are you gonna do?
    absolutely nothings

Unhappy

This has nothing to do with winning or losing , it's over something even more simple. All we are asking for is at professional and expert levels we actually get challenging tasks worthy of group participation not spend days trashing the board in hopes of something better then a 1 truck for 50 points.

There should be a tiered point system like the levels, the higher the level the higher the points, trashing and having members sitting around only diminishes the idea of the derby with people losing interest.

Once again I'm not holding my breath that supercell staff will somehow reply as I lost all hopes of that, just a leader venting my frustrations about what should be a team effort and fun has lost its luster.