Thread: Wrong username or password unending bug trying to log on to this forum

Forum All-Star

Wrong username or password unending bug trying to log on to this forum

Loggin on to forum.supercell.net

On my PC (one of them), I once entered the wrong password. Now, forever more, any attempt to login results in the vBulletin Message: Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again...

It doesn't matter if I wait 15 minutes or an hour or a day or try another browser, it always goes to this message even if the correct username and password was entered.

I am perfectly capable of loggin off and on other devices and computers that have never had a log on fail.

Hello, did you try logging in from a different browser? Also trying to clear cache, coockier etc might help.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Manyolo View Post
    Hello, did you try logging in from a different browser? Also trying to clear cache, coockier etc might help.
    Yep. Forums login hates this particular laptop. Worked fine until I got the password wrong. Different browsers ( chrome, Firefox, IE) no difference. Same error message.

In the meantime I happily log on I other computers.

I am afraid to test the "wrong password once and your stuff" theory.

Registering a different forums account doesn't help. It is as if my computer is blacklisted.
    Last edited by George1971; October 16th, 2015 at 05:18 AM.

Forum All-Star
    Was there any point in reporting this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Was there any point in reporting this problem?
    Hello again, i've searched about it since it happened to me yesterday. Im pretty sure that this is because of the Login "Strikes" System that prevents a user with specific IP address from logging in after entering an incorrect password 5 times, or even switching accounts. To confirm that i tried to log in with my account from Tor browser (allows you to browse the web anonymously) and it worked perfectly fine. To conclude, i havent tried it yet but i assume that by switching off your router for at least 30 seconds and then switch it back on (reset the IP) might allow you to log in normally. if you want to try it, please let me know if it worked.

Same, yet different prob.. PLEASE HELP!!!

I had wrong password got a temp one, now logged in under that one but no way to change it....that I can find!?? Went under profile, nothing there. Logged out had to go thru the whole stupid very LONG process of getting a new temp password after going back n forth to my email 100 times. Can ANYONE HELP ME!??? PLEASE??? :-( oh, BTW I'm using a cell phone.
    Last edited by Harleybrandy75; October 18th, 2015 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleybrandy75 View Post
    I had wrong password got a temp one, now logged in under that one but no way to change it....that I can find!?? Went under profile, nothing there. Logged out had to go thru the whole stupid very LONG process of getting a new temp password after going back n forth to my email 100 times. Can ANYONE HELP ME!??? PLEASE??? :-( oh, BTW I'm using a cell phone.
    You usually get an email about changing your password.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleybrandy75 View Post
    Hello, i can make it easy for you. All you got to do is to scroll down and press "Full Site" option. Then go on the top right corner and click on "Settings", then on the left lower side you will see the "Edit Email and Password" option and voila.