Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TH10 Farming - Hypercube X - 275 Walls | Anti-Earthquake | High DE Protection

TH10 Farming - Hypercube X - 275 Walls | Anti-Earthquake | High DE Protection

Hypercube X

(Updated with Town Hall Inside)

(Town Hall 10 Farming Base)

The introduction of 25 more walls gives way for the addition of new ideas and concepts for TH10 bases. With them, I believe I have now created my most fearsome TH10 farming base yet. Using the previous TH10 Hypercube base with 250 walls, I can only recall having lost Dark Elixir once after months of testing. However, there was a pretty apparent weakness of the base against Earthquake and Jump Spell allowing Golems or Giants to direct themselves towards the core. In this latest and most up-to-date version, I have fixed that weakness, as well as improvements in many other aspects of this base. I can almost guarantee you will have lots of success using this base. So if you're in need of a very solid TH10 farming base with 275 walls, look no further.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates to my projects and guides, as well as news on the latest forum content! https://twitter.com/ashclashofclans

Introducing the new Hypercube X...

Simplistic and elegant in design, yet highly potent

Center

Concepts

Anti-Earthquake | Anti-Jump

I know what you're thinking. How could any base that utilizes walls be anti-Earthquake? Well, the reason I like to call it anti-Earthquake is because how well the base controls and funnels Golems and Giants, preventing them from entering the core on most occasions even when the attacker uses Earthquake to create an opening towards core or a Jump Spell. With Giants and Golems running around the exterior parts, this leaves support troops vulnerable as they are quickly taken out. A combination of all the below concepts will give you an idea of why this base is anti-Earthquake.

Anti-Golems | Anti-Giants | Anti-Balloons

Golems and Giants are funneled around the base, with a myriad of defenses aligned along the whole first inner layer.

Red line denotes the direction Giants or Golems or Balloons will travel. Because the 2nd layer is composed of entirely non-defensive structures, Giants or Golems or Balloons will not be pulled towards the core by them.

Anti-Wizards/Archers Spacing

Breaking the funnel also becomes a daunting task as defenses inside the first layer are spaced out to prevent Wizards or Archers from destroying any of the inner defenses while the defenses are distracted by Golems or Giants. While if the attacker uses Wall Breakers to break in, it will group up all Wizards/Archers, allowing splash defenses to quickly eradicate them.

Anti-Archer Queen Core

The core of this base is specially designed to keep the Archer Queen away from targeting the DE Storage. She will instead be funneled around the core as she targets the outside buildings and inner buildings (Teslas, Xbows, Archer Towers, Infernos). While also quickly getting annihilated by the vast number of point defenses. She will NOT be able to target the DE Storage until she or another troop has broken into the wall enclosing all the defenses.

Blue lines denote a range of 5.6 to 6 tiles, enough for Archer Queen to avoid attacking the DE Storage from outside this core.

Anti-Barbarian King and Pekka Core

Open-ring core and secondary compartment forces the Barbarian King and Pekkas to roam around it while getting quickly shot down by Teslas, Xbows, and Archer Tower. While the placements of Heroes outside the core prevents them from pulling in opposing Heroes. Even with Earthquake or Jump Spells, it will be a challenge for the Barbarian King or Pekkasto make their way into the core.

"Open-ring funneling"

Open-ring compartments (a concept I introduced in many of my designs since the first base I had created, the alternate Cogwheel design) make it a nightmare for the Barbarians, Barbarian King, Pekkas, and Valkyries as they will be forced to circle around the compartments.

Anti-Lavaloon

Unorthodox placement of Air Defenses create a big challenge for Lavaloon attackers. This limits the protection of Balloons provided by the Lava Hounds as they will only be able to shield Balloons from a small area. While if the Air Defenses in one side are destroyed, then those Hounds will travel the entire inner base towards the other far end corner, which basically means they won't be of any more use. What about attacking from the two far end sides? Well that's a horrible idea as that will only make the group of Balloons small, making it impossible for them to deal much damage. And this isn't a war base, so you don't have to worry about hybrid combination attacks.

This base should perform exceptionally well against all Lavaloon attacks.

Red denotes the distance between the Air Defenses
    Pink lines denote that the Wiz Towers are placed away from the Air Defenses, preventing Lava Hounds from distracting them while they shoot down large groups of Balloons
    Blue arrows denote the direction of the Air Sweepers. They are well placed to cover the whole base very well, as well as push back Balloons along the line of defenses.

Traps
    Giant Bombs and Small Bombs - Very well placed along the non-defensive compartment ring, preventing Golems or Giants from triggering them. Allowing them to quickly kill support troops with low HP. Hog Riders are not an issue with the anti-Hog Rider funnel and Infernos set to Multi.
    Seeking Air Mines - Doubled up around Air Defenses to quickly take out Lava Hound(s).
    Red Air Bombs - Well placed to avoid Lava Hounds from triggering them. Couple with Wizard Tower to deal double the splash damage to large groups of Balloons.

Last edited by Eternal625; December 20th, 2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale - YouTube
    (Stategy, Tutorials, Guides, Gameplay)

Twitter | Facebook | My Forum Guides

Good work buddy, will be testing this baby out tonight and will post logs if I get heavily attacked.

Every time you do it you outdo yourself. It's bizarre.
    Anyways, great job on the base, and I'll probably use the TH9 version while designing stuff to test.
    I'm glad to see a design with 275 walls so quickly!

All The Best!
    Last edited by Orion328; September 18th, 2015 at 11:30 PM.

Looks great, my only concern is queen walk? Take out 2 AD easily. Laloon can then walk all over the base?

Nice base!

I can't wait to see more feedback from people!

Thanks guy!

Quote Originally Posted by souljarh View Post
    Looks great, my only concern is queen walk? Take out 2 AD easily. Laloon can then walk all over the base?
    Yea that was one issue I thought of as well but Queen walks are very rarely seen in farming. And the base should still perform very well against Laloon even if 2 Air Defenses are taken out as then you'll have to concern yourself with the ring of defenses (that will group and circle the Loons and Hounds), Wizard Towers, and Air Sweepers, and Multi Infernos. Wiz Towers placed away from Air Defenses. Air Sweepers are placed so far away, making this base a big challenge for any Laloon attacker.
    Last edited by Eternal625; September 19th, 2015 at 12:09 AM.
    Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale - YouTube
    (Stategy, Tutorials, Guides, Gameplay)

Twitter | Facebook | My Forum Guides

Great job Ash!!!

Nice to see a 275 wall design so quickly. Might use this design if I ever get to th10 (if it's not outdated by then)

Forum Superstar
    Seems pretty good. However you may wish to note that the Cyanide/Chief Pat base has been using the basic concepts of the open funnelling system before, called channelling: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...iWi-GiWiPe-Air

Also, I wouldn't call the base anti-lavaloon, even it's a farming base and not designed for war. Those type of stretched AD placement and ring compartments are textbook 3 star bases at TH10, with Heroes at one end and surgical loons at the other side which funnels loons into the core as rings are relatively easy to funnel.

Overall, though, it's a very neat design with all of the functioning concepts of the original Hypercube. I assume you farmed all 25 new walls relatively quickly
    Retired

Been using the Hypercube since you first made it and only got my DE storage raided once and that was because I had lava walls back then with TH 9 defenses and most of my defenses on one side of the base were under construction.

Despite testing all your other bases, I always found myself coming back to the Hypercube. I now have this 275 wall variant prepared, however I will not use it until I get my 25 extra walls.

Here is hoping it is just as good or even better than the 250 wall variant.

Just want to note that I have some x-mas trees and Halloween tombstones on the edges and so I cannot mimic your base 100% like I have with the others. Had to change the location of a few buildings and was not able to replicate the zig-zag design on the right side of the base, but we will see what happens.

Thanks for the base designs bro for the past couple of months, saved me a heck of a lot of time.
    Last edited by Gpu; September 19th, 2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Yo mama so fat, she thought "sub 200" was a type of sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by DokuganR View Post
    Also, I wouldn't call the base anti-lavaloon, even it's a farming base and not designed for war. Those type of stretched AD placement and ring compartments are textbook 3 star bases at TH10, with Heroes at one end and surgical loons at the other side which funnels loons into the core as rings are relatively easy to funnel.
    Noticed this as well. However, I hardly, if ever, get attacked with lavaloon not to mention people risking their heroes like that in a non-war scenario. So practically speaking I doubt this weakness will even show.
    Last edited by Gpu; September 19th, 2015 at 01:07 AM.
    Yo mama so fat, she thought "sub 200" was a type of sandwich.