Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Themis - TH9 and TH10 Trophy Trap Troll Base

Themis - TH9 and TH10 Trophy Trap Troll Base

Hey guys it's Ash and I've been getting a lot of requests to build a trophy base that would allow TH9 players to push to Masters and Champs with ease. Now it's pretty difficult for a TH9 player to defend against TH10 attacks, so I decided to create a troll base instead because I believed that to be the best chance for TH9s to win defenses. Many TH9s have tried the base and made it as far as Champions with it. I have also recently built a TH10 version of the base and have tested it in Titan League. The results were quite positive and I have managed to win defenses! So if you guys are looking for a quick way to push higher in the leagues on defense, give this base a shot.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates to my projects and guides, as well as news on the latest forum content!https://twitter.com/ashclashofclans

.Themis

Town Hall 10 version now updated with 275 walls!

Town Hall 10 Version: http://i.imgur.com/K6S9KfJ.jpg
    Speed Build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lO6-Yfo_s
    Town Hall 9 Version: http://i.imgur.com/xMLZzJR.jpg
    Speed Build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Ax5jwf4mY

Test in Titan League:

Center

Base Concepts:

* Extremely Well-Guarded Town Hall

• Town Hall is guarded by: 4 Teslas, lots of traps, 2 Cannons, 2 Archer Towers, 2 Single Target Infernos, 2 Wizard Towers, 2 Mortars, 3 X-bows set to Ground, 2 Air Sweepers blowing south, Clan Castle that activates once troops get close to Town Hall.
    • Single Target Inferno + Wizard Tower combination - Single Target Infernos quickly take out tanks such as Golems and Heroes. Wizard Towers quickly take out small hordes, along with the Mortars behind them.
    • Heroes will also distract troops along with Clan Castle troops when troops are close to Town Hall or jump over the floating walls.
    • All X-bows are set to Ground, 14 tile range allows the X-bows to target Heroes close to Town Hall.

* Anti-Archer Queen

• Archer Queen is unable to target Town Hall over the walls. She will walk around the walls.
    • If Archer Queen jumps inside with a Jump Spell, Clan Castle, Heroes, and all the defenses around the Town Hall will overwhelm her.

* Anti-Golems/Giants/Balloons

• Golems, Giants, and Balloons will funnel around the base along the path of externalized defenses.
    • Teslas are very well spaced so as to not be triggered by Golems or Giants or Balloons traveling around.

* Anti-Wall Breakers

• Wall Breakers will circle around the floating walls guarding the Town Hall and be either taken out by Spring Traps or the Wizard Towers (and multiple other defenses)
    • Large number of T-junctions around the base, making it very difficult for attacker to open up multiple compartments.

* Anti-Air

• Both Air Sweepers pointing south providing a excellent protection against air attackers trying to attack from south to quickly take Town Hall.
    • Wizard Towers and Air Defenses well placed and angled to prevent Lava Hounds from distracting them.
    • Wizard Towers + Air Sweeper combo at south provides excellent coverage against mass Balloons. While Single Infernos + Air Sweepers provide excellent coverage against Mass Dragons.

* Anti-2 Star

• The base is strongest from the south side. However, it isn't very difficult to 1 star the base from any other side, but is very difficult to 2 star the base because of how far the Town Hall is if attacked from the North, East, or West side.
    Last edited by Eternal625; November 4th, 2015 at 11:40 PM.
    Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale - YouTube
    (Stategy, Tutorials, Guides, Gameplay)

Twitter | Facebook | My Forum Guides

This post is reserved. You may now post!

saw the video you posted yesterday, looks awesome. and its different
    Personal Trophy Record: Titan League 4200+

Really Really Nice Ash!

Can't wait to try out th9 version when I upgrade my teslas a bit
    Stones : 100 Magmas : 200 : 45/45/20 : War Snipers 2.4

Forum Superstar
    Yup, troll/trap bases are the way go when trophy pushing- though after Masters I or so they aren't very effective (for TH9 anyway). About your T-junctions- they are only effective when staggered by two tiles. T-junctions staggered by one tile are called improper junctions as they don't do anything to WB and are the equivalent of a flat compartment. The stacked walls in the TH9 variation is an improper X-junction, as WB targeting it will be able to open four compartments at once from one wall segment. Just a heads up
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by DokuganR View Post
    Yup, troll/trap bases are the way go when trophy pushing- though after Masters I or so they aren't very effective (for TH9 anyway). About your T-junctions- they are only effective when staggered by two tiles. T-junctions staggered by one tile are called improper junctions as they don't do anything to WB and are the equivalent of a flat compartment. The stacked walls in the TH9 variation is an improper X-junction, as WB targeting it will be able to open four compartments at once from one wall segment. Just a heads up
    A pair of Wall Breakers deployed anywhere around the outside will only be able to open up 1 compartment, not 2. Unless if a certain building was destroyed. For example, if the Builder Hut next to Air Defense is destroyed and then Wall Breakers were deployed there, then they will junction between Air Defense and collector and open up 2 compartments.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal625 View Post
    A pair of Wall Breakers deployed anywhere around the outside will only be able to open up 1 compartment, not 2. Unless if a certain building was destroyed. For example, if the Builder Hut next to Air Defense is destroyed and then Wall Breakers were deployed there, then they will junction between Air Defense and collector and open up 2 compartments.

I know, I was just saying as you simply stated your base had T-junctions and nothing about staggering them. You can remove one wall in your 6 wall junction by the way.
    Retired

JOIN SMIRK NATION: https://discord.gg/uzaexnT
    7.8 / 10 too lopsided TH

Ash, nice job, though I am a bit skeptical of bomb placement. Care to elaborate?
    Luigi number one!
    Click the sigpic * Avi/Sigpic made by kartikeya2010
    If you need to send a PM, send a friend request. Otherwise, use VMs. TYSM!

When I pushed to champs, I was just using full hogs or GoHo. If the base doesn't have DGB, then it basically gives me easy stars.

Other than that, looks like a solid push/troll base.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Clash Royale: 4000+ Cups (Retired) | Brawl Stars: 5000 Trophies, 16 Brawlers

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! I'm a TH9 trying to get in to Masters league (currently in C2), and the trophy trap base I currently have is very vulnerable if you attack it from the not trap side. This is a very nice base, nice trap and well protected from all sides.
    Early TH9 | Level 99
    GG: 367m | EE: 300m | HH: 811k | SOW: 40m
    War Hero: 344
    Walls: 29/250 Legos
    BK: 10 | AQ: 8